The highest heel

loveheelguy

I now own 11 pairs of "ultra's" with at least a 6 3/4" heel. Highest heel measures 7 5/8" (Hollywood Heels "Playful" Oxfords), and have several other pairs over 7 1/4". Some I can walk in quite well, others seem not to fit quite right and just can't for more than a couple hundred feet...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

• 1 month later...

I now own 11 pairs of "ultra's" with at least a 6 3/4" heel. Highest heel measures 7 5/8" (Hollywood Heels "Playful" Oxfords), and have several other pairs over 7 1/4". Some I can walk in quite well, others seem not to fit quite right and just can't for more than a couple hundred feet...

Please post pics ;)

The highest-heeled shoe in my collection is a platform sandal by Sunset Strip put out in 2005 called "Laser". The platform and stiletto heel are clear and the top is irresedescent which makes the upper take on gold look. I actually wore them to a Halloween party with a gold minidress, an ankle bracelet, a Pierre Cardin dress watch,some nice large hoop earrings, and my mid-length wig and gold clutch purse. The heel, in size 12 anyway, measures 8.5" toe to tap. I had no problem walking or dancing in them and the girl sitting next to me wanted to try a dance or two in them! I have six or seven pairs around 8" but also have some sensible Target/Bakers wedges and heels 4-5".

the boots in my avatar are 8" heels. i don't know how high the platform is, though...

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

Right now, my highest are two pair of patent platform pumps from Little Shoe Box bought years ago, one red, one black, 7 inch heels with 1 1/2" platforms. Also have a pair of 7" strap sandals of unknown manufacturer, with a 2" platform. Bac a few years ago, I used to own a pair of 10" spike-heeled pumps from Imagine, 4" platforms, but they were too small, so I sold them. Had a pair of 7" pumps with no platforms, but they were too steep, so I couldn't walk in in them, but they looked great for posing in. I also had some bizarre custom made platform pumps with 12" heels, 6" platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm somewhat unusual even in this midst as these are the first pair of high heels that I learned how to walk in. I just assumed that the (ahem) steep learning curve entailed in mastering them was part of the high heeled process. It took several months of wearing these seven inch slides at home for first minutes then hours at a time before I hit the streets, and when I did, my NYC neighbors were nearly universal in their acclaim.

I took a five year break from heeling while I worked 24/7 at getting my career and finances back in order. To celebrate that achievement, I bought another pair; and after a bit of practice, I've begun wearing them out again. I love the attention and the feeling of wearing 8 inch heels. I find that to wear them properly requires rigorous attention to posture and alignment. I don't just feel longer, I feel thinner. Also walking in shoes with a nearly four inch platform requires attention to detail, as NYC sidewalks can be treacherous even in sneakers.

Wearing them becomes a statement that I'm in the moment. And my desire to wear them as often as possible becomes motivation to take care of my most pressing worries so I can relegate them to the back of my mind and put my best foot forward.

-MJ

every day wear i have 6 inch and 5 1/2 that i wear often but they are very tall for me as wear a size 6 in my shoes, also just bought some ballets to work on, can walk in them for about two hours around the house might wear them out for the night soon might requirer a lot of sittin g though

• Like 1

Hi Jazzymj! Am curious if you wear those 7-8" platforms in guy mode or as a girl or a mixture?? NYC is full of intersting people and stories and am curious what your experience has been. I also love that height of heel and last wore an 8.5" heel platform to a Halloween party. You're right about posture, when as a girl, I try my best to do it all; eat and sit like a girl, smoke like a girl, walk and carry things like a girl, and of course, praise others on their shoes and boots like a girl would.

Hi Jazzymj!

Am curious if you wear those 7-8" platforms in guy mode or as a girl or a mixture?? NYC is full of intersting people and stories and am curious what your experience has been. I also love that height of heel and last wore an 8.5" heel platform to a Halloween party. You're right about posture, when as a girl, I try my best to do it all; eat and sit like a girl, smoke like a girl, walk and carry things like a girl, and of course, praise others on their shoes and boots like a girl would.

Thanks Happy,

I always wear my heels in "guy" mode, long slacks and a shirt of some sort or another. Probably because I'm broad shouldered, big and athletic, I've never given much thought to complete cross-dressing just integrating footwear and other elements like leggings and catsuits into a masculine repertoire.

What else did you did wear with your 8.5inch heels?

-MJ

I hope you will really like the ballet boots you bought and the height they give you. also they will make your legs look DYNOMITE after you are used to walking around in them. Best to you for taking on the bboot challenge. Dr Who 3

Thanks Happy,

I always wear my heels in "guy" mode, long slacks and a shirt of some sort or another. Probably because I'm broad shouldered, big and athletic, I've never given much thought to complete cross-dressing just integrating footwear and other elements like leggings and catsuits into a masculine repertoire.

What else did you did wear with your 8.5inch heels?

-MJ

Hi Jazzymj!

Was away for a few days Up North and away from technology. The time I wore my Sunset Strip platform sandals with the 8.5" stiletto heels was to a Halloween party and I wore an ABS metallic gold v-neck minidress, my mid-length Zury brunette wigs with blonde highlights, a gold Seiko dress watch, 3" hoop earrings, acrylic nails painted a metallic red and matching toes, basic foundation and make-up, eyeshadow, and an ankle bracelet but then again it was a Halloween party, always THE event to show off your shoes and your clothes!

Indeed, except for the "nose-to-the-grindstone-years" I've always used Halloween as a total dress up day. In the past, I've worn catsuits, but I may have to something with heels this year. The wheels are turning!

-MJ

Hi Jazzymj!

Was away for a few days Up North and away from technology. The time I wore my Sunset Strip platform sandals with the 8.5" stiletto heels was to a Halloween party and I wore an ABS metallic gold v-neck minidress, my mid-length Zury brunette wigs with blonde highlights, a gold Seiko dress watch, 3" hoop earrings, acrylic nails painted a metallic red and matching toes, basic foundation and make-up, eyeshadow, and an ankle bracelet but then again it was a Halloween party, always THE event to show off your shoes and your clothes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered another pair of Pleaser Xtreme 801 8" mule for a neighbor. We plan to add a 4x4 wood scrap to them so that he will be about 12 inches taller. Even if the wood attachment fails this will be higher than the 7" boots that were stolen recently. sven

• 4 weeks later...

My highest heel without platform is 5.5" which are very old "east of Eden" red lace-up stillettoes with a steel tip. I got them about 20 years ago and have had them re-heeled many times. I love them and they are great fun on ice and wet round topped cobbles. With platform my highest is an 8inch narrow heel with a 2.5inch platform, also great fun. But my highest heels are a pair of 3ft chinese peg stilts that I use to perform on which are great fun if a little precarious on certain ground surfaces

• 1 month later...

My highest heel without platform is 5.5" which are very old "east of Eden" red lace-up stillettoes with a steel tip. I got them about 20 years ago and have had them re-heeled many times. I love them and they are great fun on ice and wet round topped cobbles.

With platform my highest is an 8inch narrow heel with a 2.5inch platform, also great fun.

But my highest heels are a pair of 3ft chinese peg stilts that I use to perform on which are great fun if a little precarious on certain ground surfaces

Topsy,

What brand are your "8inch narrow heel with a 2.5inch platform"? I have been looking for something with those specs. (A picture or website would be nice, too!)

Thanks!

Hi. My highest heels is 17cm!! NO Platforms!!. I wear them in my avatar. They are sometimes very hard to walk in, and i do wobble in them when i walk outdoors. But i think they are great;)

Trying to learn walking in superhigh stilettoheels

I agree Those are lovely and I like the line on the side of the shoe it hase a beautiful flowing motion all the way up to the ankle straps. Very artistic in a design sence. Vary nice indeed. You have excellant taste. You wear them quite well as well. Dr Who 3