YSL Tribute Toos in New Look

benno

Hi Guys, Thought I'd share these with you all. Found these whilst looking for some really crazy shoes to wear with an Electro Burlesque outfit for 3 friend's fancy dress birthday party. They are copies of YSL Tribute Too shoes. Super high (6 inch), £25 and go up to a size 8. They do them in loads of colours in the New Look shops but their website just has white, navy and black. I bought them in Patent Hot Pink. I'm sure Roz already has 36 pairs. Cheers, Ben ps. Added photo of the real YSLs.

post-9545-133522883761_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522883767_thumb.jpg

I already have a pair of YSL Tribtoos in patent black so will resist the urge but thanks for thinking of me. I also have a copy from Bebe with a stacked wood heel - I don't normally buy copies of originals unless they offer something different to the official style.

I already have a pair of YSL Tribtoos in patent black so will resist the urge but thanks for thinking of me. I also have a copy from Bebe with a stacked wood heel - I don't normally buy copies of originals unless they offer something different to the official style.

The fact they were £25 and will probably get trashed is what makes them different to me!

Would love some real ones but need to eat instead.

Can you remember exactly what colours there were out of interest? I can see what you mean about cheap and cheerful alternatives that you're not scared to wear out. I've seen a pair of hot pink YSL Tribtoos that I really want to get for my sister but I literally can't find them anywhere so maybe a pink pair of NL shoes will tide her over.

There were Pink, Red, Navy, White and Black. May have been others but due to New Look being staffed by children, there were escaped shoes all over the floor! It looked like the aftermath of an Electro Emo Kid Monkey's Tea Party. I went in grabbed the craziest shoes they had and ran out the shop. It's half term and I hate the ambience in New Look at the best of times. You are weak willed when it comes down to shoes Roz. 'I'll resist the urge' to 'What colours do they have' in 2 posts :winkiss:

Idea time... You could get them resoled in leather and get crafty with a marker pen and some cans of spray paint and deny everything and save £500! Or say they are from the new YSL diffusion line. He did push the 'New Look' along with Dior after all.

They look closer to 5.5 to me, but I'm only going by that picture so it's hard to tell. I have shoes from Office and Dune that are both easily 6" but I agree shoes like that are in a minority - they're becoming more popular though.

I just checked on the NL website and they're 14cm/5.5 inches and I'd guess that the platform is 1" high. I don't mind New Look's plats, they're normally quite nicely proportioned for me although a lot of their summer styles are pretty shallow, and I really don't like plats if the heel is too short because the platform looks out of proportion and it makes my feet look too big!

Had a look on the New Look website - the patent leather on the black ones look really rubbish quality and crinkled on the side too. Shame really as they're quite a nice style.

Thanks for letting us all know about the site though.

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd share these with you all.

Found these whilst looking for some really crazy shoes to wear with an Electro Burlesque outfit for 3 friend's fancy dress birthday party.

They are copies of YSL Tribute Too shoes. Super high (6 inch), £25 and go up to a size 8. They do them in loads of colours in the New Look shops but their website just has white, navy and black. I bought them in Patent Hot Pink.

I'm sure Roz already has 36 pairs.

Cheers,

Ben

ps. Added photo of the real YSLs.

My size 8s are 5 and three quarters high and the platform including the sole is 1 inch. New Look's shoes from a casual glance at the rack would appear to be much steeper in heel to platform ratio proportion on the smaller sizes. My Girlfriend and I have 2 pairs of identical Kurt Geiger Camillo shoe boots. I bought a pair in UK 7 and UK 8. They both have exactly the same heels so the 7s feel a little higher. The New Look heels are badly made. But that is the beauty of them. I don't care if they get ruined as they were only £25 and in a bar with drunken people no one will look too closely.

post-9545-13352288377_thumb.jpg

Although I've discovered expensive brands now such as Louboutin, Giuseppe Zanotti, Fendi etc, I do have a soft spot still for New Look. My tastes are always changing and I've sold dozens of my old stripper shoes, but still have 25 or so pairs from New Look for the same reason. They're good looking shoes, they're cheap and cheerful and they're good for heavy nights out where you don't mind knocking them about. There's no way I'd wear a pair of £400 to a club or loud bar, I save them for restaurants and quieter nights out.

i agree roz. new looks styles although cheaply constructed still have a certain style about them that i cant help but like a lot. :winkiss: still waiting for them to offer every style in the size 9's that have started to crop up as sometimes their 8 is a tad on the small side for me

It's really a pity that ordering from New Look is not available over the pond. I would have purchased a couple of pair had this service been open to the USA market. Does any one else carry these heels to make them available for purchasing in the US?

I would be very very surprised if there are any resellers. New Look is just a clothes chain and all their stuff is own brand and I've never seen it for sale elsewhere. Bebe in the US did a style called Liza that was another copy of the Tribtoo but it's out of stock at the moment, but it's worth having a look around because copies do exist.

Thanks roz, I just realized you last posted around mid night in England. That makes for a long day. I have to get up for work around 3:30 in the morning, so I usually have an afternoon nap which means I sometimes get back to sleep around the time England is waking up. I got a pair of the Bebe Lisa Coral heels to see if they are alright for copies, but they still don't come near the same quality of my YSL Tribute Too Black Patent 6"ers. It would be nice to have another pair of Tribute Toos, but they'll have to wait till later. Meanwhile, how could I get the New Look Patent Strap Platforms I want to order? I suppose flying to the UK could be an option, but not reasonably possible soon enough to make such a purchase.

I have a pair of the Bebe heels too that I ordered from the US, they're not bad IMHO but like you say they have nothing on real Tribtoos. I have got the real thing in patent black with the yellow soles, the patent is such good quality. The New Look ones are very cheap quality, they'll be worse than the Bebe ones you have - not sure how best to get your hands on some. Are there must be brands in the US that copy the style?

There are always brands that mock the Tribute Too, but they aren't as exciting and even a bit offensive. The heels that I really like along with the YSL Tribute Too are like the Classic Pumps from Elite Heels. Ernest Chausseur has a similar styling with the Amalfi which looks very enticing, especially when they are done in black patent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They seemed to disappear from the website and also did't make it into some stores, however they have reappeared on the net in barbie pink and can be found in store in both a crinkle black patent and the pink The size 8s are tight! but Nice. not done a proper walkabout yet but do not feel too high or steep. Al

Alsheels, Yes, I got them in black - plucked up the courage to buy them in store (didn't try them on though). They're very easy to walk in - all my other heels have over 5" rise, so sometimes it's nice to put them on and feel how easy it is to walk! I want to go back and get the pink now - after all it's only £25! Spiker.

• 3 weeks later...