Iron Man Wears Heels

Rob

Hi All,

I came across a picture of Robert Downey Wearing heels for the filming if Iron Man 2 in todays Daily Mirror, and a web search turned up these articles:

Fashion Indie Article

Radar Online Article

More Pictures

I've also attached a few pics. below The last one with Gwyneth Paltrow gives an indication of why he may be wearing them, rather than a fashion choice.

Unfortunately the article in the Daily Mirror ridiculed him (as well as pics of Simon Cowell and Nicolas Sarkozy wearing smaller heels).

post-956-133522883718_thumb.jpg

post-956-133522883723_thumb.jpg

post-956-133522883728_thumb.jpg

post-956-133522883731_thumb.jpg

the general public has no franchise on stupidity in this regard. the press has always been known to be snide when it suits there twisted commercial desires(i.e...drum up sensationalistic garbage...the more untrure the better). so when one of those rags folds up shop i dont cheer,but i cant say that it bothers me all that much

HHT, I beg to differ on the heel height, but concur on the platform. Those heels are more like 3.5", just look at my avatar which are 7cm heels/no plat and look at the arch area. This is similar to the arch on RD's shoe without the platform. They do look like very plain versions of the shoes I used to wear in the 70's though. Yet another glimmer of light at the end of our tunnel. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My guess is that he's wearing them for specific scenes with his co star Gwyneth P. She's taller them him without heels and her character wears at least 5 inch heels so there you have it. Honestly, those boots don't match the outfit for the character he's playing so I'm pretty sure RDJ is wearing them for specific scenes where those boots won't even show on the camera. Maybe he likes heels when he's himself though...