Why do girls wear pants over their feet?

highheeltrained

There is something about pants over the heels, it can be very alluring! Someone at my place of work happened to be wearing black patent platform heels which were hidden under her pants recently and throughout the day I would keep catching glimpses of her heels as she walked past. I never got to see her heels in full glory but they looked ever so classy half hidden under her long black pants.

Actually, it isn't just women who do it, because I do it as well. I have several pair of jeans in both average inseam and a long inseam. When wearing very high heels, I like the tall length jeans because they cover the shoes and give the illusion of an elongated leg - one of the benefits of heels that women have been aware of for a long time. In fact, I like the look of very high heels with longer pants than shorter ones. With the shorter length pants, I will still wear heels, but usually nothing over 3 inches. My philosophy, as I am sure with many women is that though I love my heels, I want to wear them in a way that adds value to the overall look, not just wear heels to show them off. Besides when you sit down, everybody gets a good look at them.

Style is built from the ground up!

I kind of like the interesting view you get, you know they're heels but you can only see the full shoe as a constantly changing snapshot while walking. Also its more discreet in that they're wearing nice shoes but not screaming it to the world.

I mostly like to have my heels covered when wear trousers or jeans. I love to flash just a little toe or heel to give a suggestion that I have heels on. I'm sure it does frustrate guys a bit but hey that's ok. Surely the suggestion of attractive footwear is better than the whole deal in your face? I also like to wear attractive underwear too but not over my trousers. Best of all (casual) I like wearing jeans over heels when the jeans are straight legged.

I wonder if girls wear the long trousers over heels to make them look taller? If you can't see the heels then there's no way to know how high the shoes are and how short the girl may be :winkiss:

a friend of mines who loves her heels said this 1-makes me look taller when you don't really know how tall the heel is 2-love the pants, but they're too long, so i have no choice but to wear heels 3-not every time you wear heels you want to be stared at by women who are jealous, or guys who want to get your number. 4-it's the "in" thing right now that sorta works for me

I can see the points from the girls wearing their pants that long, but It sure is frustrating to me to try to figure out just how high the heel may be or the style of the shoe being worn. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I too like the look of trousers or jeans that are long enough to cover the heel. It is a look that I copy myself. Infact, I have many pairs of trousers in different leg widths and lengths that give me different looks, from showing most of the heel, to practically almost touching the floor hiding most of the heel and some that are wide enough to hide the whole of the foot/shoe/boot or whatever. I wear heels (when I get the chance!) for me, not to show them off, or for others to see, but because of the feeling of the raised arch of my feet, how they feel to walk in and how they look to me - selfish? Maybe? Nearly all my trousers and jeans were primarily made for women, but they're not women's trousers - they are mine!.....just like my footwear!

I agree.It is the dummest fashion idea out there. Some women wear pants and jeans so long they fray at the bottom.I do like heels to show so I hem up or find the right size. Ive even been told my pants are to short but my beautiful shoes have to show.

As Barbara touched on, the long trousers are fine worn with heels but I saw a girl wearing a pair with ballet flats today and the bottoms of the trousers were a mess, filthy and frayed from being walked on. The rest of her looked nice and smart but the trouser bottoms were wrecked.

I like that style. On me, I think it looks good, but I prefer the understated look. On women, it leaves a bit of mystery, and that definitely is something I enjoy. If they want you to see the heel, they'll sit down and swing a foot out.

I went out today and was planning on wearing a certain pair of trousers. They had an average inseam, but when I tried them on with my heels they just didn't look right fully exposed. So, I switched to jeans with a longer length. In my opinion it just looked like I was wearing high water pants with my heels. They would be fine with flats, but not with heels. As for women wearing pants that are too long, until I started heeling I would have never really understood that either. It is funny how I have several pair of jeans and trousers that are exactly alike, except one pair is longer than the other. I think there are a lot of young women who are still learning how to dress or are building a wardrobe. My hat goes off to women for the effort it takes to get their look just right - something that I could have only learned from heeling.

Style is built from the ground up!

From my point of view there is nothing more intruiging and exciting than to find out what height and shape the heel is or what the shoe looks like. Like a little tease and entice. I pretty much like to wear heels the same way. Keep the people guessing and looking all the time to find out if it's really a heel or not!

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

• 2 weeks later...

I went out today and was planning on wearing a certain pair of trousers. They had an average inseam, but when I tried them on with my heels they just didn't look right fully exposed. So, I switched to jeans with a longer length. In my opinion it just looked like I was wearing high water pants with my heels. They would be fine with flats, but not with heels.

As for women wearing pants that are too long, until I started heeling I would have never really understood that either. It is funny how I have several pair of jeans and trousers that are exactly alike, except one pair is longer than the other. I think there are a lot of young women who are still learning how to dress or are building a wardrobe. My hat goes off to women for the effort it takes to get their look just right - something that I could have only learned from heeling.

OK, $64 question. What length skirt would you have worn with the same shoes?

• 4 weeks later...

its just like why do tall women wear heels if they already have that height? people like wearing heels because it gives them confidence and makes them look nicer. sometimes i wear denim jeans but im not feeling tennis shoes so i wear heels.not every person in heels has the intention of modelling their shoes in mind when they choose footwear for the day

Fashion wise, it looks nicer and more aluring. I catch myself wanting to catch a glimpse of their high heels under their slacks. I show about a third of my high heels when I wear them in public under my slacks. I'm sure I was inspired by this look from the ladies.

For me, it's exciting that it leaves more for the imagination and becomes a guessing game as to exactly what kind of heels are making that clicking sound under those pants. Also, like Laila Lily say's, you gotta wear shoes so why not heels. No other reason.

real men wear heels

I see lots of girls and women wearing fancy, tall heels and boots but they wear long pants with like bell bottoms to them to cover over their feet. Why do they bother wearing heels and nice shoes if they just cover their feet from view of them?

To drive you nuts ;)