Tipsy/hung over and in the guys forum

Amanda

I don't write in here so much these days, especially not in the guys only bit. There's only so much one can say about shoes. I think they're great. better than flowers or chocolate even. But I'm not sure I'm up to going into so much detail. However when I do wander on to the site It's usually make silly comments and make fun after a glass or two of wine. Nonetheless I have to say that I think you guys are all very nice even if you do like wearing womens shoes. Perhaps that's "Par for the course" I don't know. I don't mean to be rude at all. Anyway, while I'm here, I'm interested to know what your opinions are, in general, of the women who visit this site and their motivation for doing so?. Do carry on.... A :unsure::clap::cow::prize::silly::w00t2::winkiss:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Amanda Snake, I just wanted to tell you that I am writing this and I am pretty tipsy myself. I love your thought and opinions and I for one enjoy your posts. Every now and then I like to play "devils advocate" and post a reply that contradicts you just to "jerk your chain." But you are an intelligent women and have obviously solid critical thinking skills and can defend your thoughts. I for one wish more women would post to the guys forum and the guys would simultainously get over not posting to the girls forum. You are a true asset to HHplace and I repsect your thought tremendously. I hold high opinions of anybody who post on this site, regardles of gener or orientation. I would love nothing more than to hear more thoughts and input from women on this site - including the guys forum! I hope I hit all of the keys correctly, I just had a wonderful evening out (wearing a dress and fantastic shoes I mist add...)

Style is built from the ground up!

That's really nice of you Happy feet. Thanks. I like your postings too and I have a soft spot for a devils advocate. And yes you did push all the right buttons..lol! Now what do you think would motivate women to visit this site and talk about shoes with you?

Well, Ms. Snake, may I call you Amanda (I am pretty buzzed...for give me) I would think that women would have to appreciate any man who could talk about shoes in general. For example, I was out tonight in a pretty cool outfit (you have to visit the "Happy Feats of HappyFeat" later for more details) and I met several women who wanted to atlk about my shoes. Most were saying how uncomfortable they must be, but I told them they were remarkably comfortable. I have yet to meet a woman who doen't ant to talk about shoes or fashion, etc. For some reason a guy who seems to appreciate it is pretty cool. Basically since I could dance all night in 4 inch heels, I was never without a dance partner... Now, I will say this. It seems to me that a lot of guys online are interested in somebody to share their "urges", though I am not willing to conceeed that such men are members of this site. I think the whole online message board can be a major turn off to women. For example, I was out tonight in open toe pumps and ran into the woman who did my toes years ago. She didn't know that I loved heels but we spebt an hour talking about shoes and clothes and may go shopping together. But online forums, under the shrowd of annominity allows people to behave a more base, thus may turn off a lot of women. I think as long as we treat eachother with repsect and have a nice open discussion everything will be cool. I think that all of the guys would love women's opinions!

Amanda Snake and Happy Feat! Very interesting discussion. I will add my $0.02 (2 cents) worth after a few other members post their thinking. I am also very interested in what they have to say. Now, that is said.....I enjoy both of your postings very much. I find both of you extremely articulate, open minded and very intelligent. It appears once a female "gets beyond" the idea of men wearing women's shoes, it's all "up hill" from there. Thank you both very much for the invaluable contributions you've made to hhplace. :winkiss: And I, for one, hope neither of you choose to "disappear" anytime soon.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Now, that is said.....I enjoy both of your postings very much. I find both of you extremely articulate, open minded and very intelligent. It appears once a female "gets beyond" the idea of men wearing women's shoes, it's all "up hill" from there. Thank you both very much for the invaluable contributions you've made to hhplace. :winkiss: And I, for one, hope neither of you choose to "disappear" anytime soon.

Very well put Bubba136.

I actually think that all three of you are highly valued contributors here at hhplace.

Amanda, perhaps for some women it is curiosity that brings them here. How did you come about the place?

Hi Amanda Snake!

I'm not tipsy right now but the day is still young. . .

I personally (and daresay virtually all of the other guys on HHplace) have absolutely no issue with your visiting us here in the guys' forum. We love the women who participate in HHplace and we value their opinion -- it is a truly unique woman who will come here and put up with our endless babble about shoes. You see them differently from the way we do -- to you heels are just articles of clothing but to us there is still a bit of a "forbidden" aspect to them. Even those of us who wear heels on a regular basis know we are "pushing the envelope". The "fashion police" may criticize a woman for wearing certain heels at certain times but a man may fall to criticism for wearing heels at any time.

And, no I'm not going to go on about double-standards or lack of fairness but I do believe the "forbidden" aspect of certain items may render them more desirable. I really believe part of the reason many of us guys want to wear heels is because society tells us we're not supposed to. It's a bit of a rebellious streak within us -- a slap in society's face.

I think I'll crack open a Killian's tonight and raise it in your honor. Do come join us again.

Have a happy time!

I like women visiting the forum and it's nice to know that there are open minded ones out there that can accept that an unorthodox choice of footwear is just that. Plus it adds a bit of variety to the conversation and it's good to get a woman's perspective on things. I'm happy for women to post anywhere on the site, I think it's sad that the girls' section had to be closed to guys, but as some of us had proven that we couldn't be trusted to behave in there and we lost some female members as a result I can see why.

At least you are all are sitting down, unlike this poor thing...:winkiss:

post-143-133522883504_thumb.jpg

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I don't write in here so much these days, especially not in the guys only bit. There's only so much one can say about shoes. I think they're great. better than flowers or chocolate even.

But I'm not sure I'm up to going into so much detail.

However when I do wander on to the site It's usually make silly comments and make fun after a glass or two of wine.

Nonetheless I have to say that I think you guys are all very nice even if you do like wearing womens shoes.

Perhaps that's "Par for the course" I don't know.

I don't mean to be rude at all.

Anyway, while I'm here, I'm interested to know what your opinions are, in general, of the women who visit this site and their motivation for doing so?.

Do carry on.... A :unsure::clap::cow::prize::silly::w00t2::winkiss:

Welcome. If you want to understand guys, I highly recommend the book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands" and "Woman Power" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. She understands "nice" guys very well, and if you have a significant other it will help you understand how you can appreciate him.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Proper-Care-Feeding-Husbands-Successful/dp/0007194498/ref=ed_oe_p

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Woman-Power-Transform-Your-Marriage/dp/0060833637/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238955515&sr=1-11

That even includes him liking to wear heels.

Frodo

At least you are all are sitting down, unlike this poor thing...:winkiss:

Ouch!

Let us not forget Dean Martin's perspective:

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."

Have a happy time!

If you have to be tipsy to be of a sound mind than I have been all my life with out the aid of alcoholic lubrication. For those who responsibly enjoy a bit of the liquors and/or the ales, bottoms up and over the gums. Amanda Snake, Happyfeat, Bubba136, and others Your volley of thoughts do make for some interesting posts, thank you all for taking your time to share a bit of who you are with us. Although the note for using the guys thread is unnecessary, I appreciate it just the same. Apparently, a former thread did have an impact. Please any of you, don't be a stranger!

Wow...I barely remember writing these posts, but I think I like what I said. Maybe sometimes its fun to be a little bit tipsy. I should have skipped the last glass of wine... Oh well...

Amanda, perhaps for some women it is curiosity that brings them here. How did you come about the place?

I stumbled across this place when I was online shopping for shoes.

I often hunt for shoes I've already tried on in the high street for a better price you see.

Anyway. Being inquisitive I had to browse a few of the threads I also had to raise an eyebrow. When I get a window into something strange, fascinating or hidden bits of human behaviour, I simply have to explore it to its conclusion or at least what satisfies me to be the conclusion.

I signed up and posted here and there, in an effort to understand I suppose.

I found people here to be friendly on the whole and some very interesting.

I don't visit so very often these days. I do poke fun sometimes and can be abrasive and generally unhelpful. I am very frank and not easily offended by internet babble.

So, now you're stuck with me, I don't know why but somehow I feel like I sort of fit here.

I'm not a part of any other interactive internet sites.

And God only knows what my friends, family and associates would think if they knew I was a member here!!!.

Would be my downfall for sure.

I wonder how many others who visit here would be in trouble if they were seen to be participating or even expressing interest?.

More than one or two I should think.

But then that's also part of the attraction as JMC mentioned above.

You're all bad and i love it.

Who knows maybe come the male heel wearing revolution I could lead you all into the fray like boadicea.

And then after having won a bloody and historic battle, would find myself stuck with a lot of disillusioned guys who are bored of wearing heels because it's ok to do so.

Now that would be just typical of one of my exploits.

Also would be typical of me to leave this site once I have all the gold stars by my name.

I'm rambling....and my trumpet is overheating.

:winkiss:

Nice to see you on form Amanda and so nicely(?) put.

Is men in heels just (male mode)

a rebellious streak

acting out fantasies

equality issues

or

other factors unrelated or undecided

I claim 1, 3 and a bit of 2, 4 is ????

I think I've/we mentioned this before < the understanding of of heel life,

soft grass etc.

And that is what we are learning and female feedback is great.

Especially the laughter!

like hoverflies picture

embarrassed for falling

annoyed for the breakage

laughter cos it one of those things (and not a sacred CL)

Keep on visiting Amanda there's no locked doors here, you are always welcome

Al

Greatings Amanda :-)

I could not agree more with jmc who resumed it so well: (Happyfeat, Bubba136, and others too)

"to you heels are just articles of clothing but to us there is still a bit of a "forbidden" aspect to them"

So I guess this may be one of the main reason why girls don't post here in the guy's section.

Take care and please keep posting !

Amanda Snake:-) I totally agree with all that has expressed their feelings here and quite agree that we need the input of a female such as yourself. Your postings are of great value to us all, so please keep posting here with all of us guys, and this coming from a most sincere non-drinking, long wearing high heel person. It is good to hear from you once again. I , for one, cherish all of the girls posting here and hope they continue to have input for many years to come. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Amanda Snake:-)

I , for one, cherish all of the girls posting here and hope they continue to have input for many years to come.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I don't know who "all the girls" are. Roz has just left,mainly because of all the pervy stuff, the shoe sniffing and heel crushing and guywomen postings.

there's a handful of actual women that drop by once in a blue moon and then there's dozen or so guys who pose as girls.

I really don't think it's a site for females. Maybe it was once but it certainly isn't any longer. It seems to me to be be getting worse but I'm not sure whether it's just my exposure to it.

I don't know who "all the girls" are. Roz has just left,mainly because of all the pervy stuff, the shoe sniffing and heel crushing and guywomen postings.

there's a handful of actual women that drop by once in a blue moon and then there's dozen or so guys who pose as girls.

I really don't think it's a site for females. Maybe it was once but it certainly isn't any longer. It seems to me to be be getting worse but I'm not sure whether it's just my exposure to it.

While I agree there is some unusual or "strange" stuff taking place here, I am not sure how much more our moderators can do to make it any better than they've made it.

It's the nature of the Internet that allows a large degree of "anonymity" to users while on line. This "anonymity" permits users to explore strange feelings and habits in the open to a degree never before permitted. Is this good or bad? That opinion is up to the reader and, like objectionable material provided in any media, the reader can always choose not to read it.

Or, at least, object to the modcrew and let them know your feelings. But, in the final analysis, refuse to allow the "few" to drive you from the forum. This is your forum every bit as it is "their" forum. And, if they are not able to contribute positively to the content, then they are the parties that should be (forced?) to leave. Keep in mind, however, that what is thought by one set of readers as being "perverted" practices are thought of by some other readers as "normal" behavior. That, the Internet will never be able to get rid of.

An old acquaintance of ours, SashaTS from Australia, always reminded us that the Internet is entertainment and as such, nothing should ever be believed. Or, at the very least, "believe at your own risk."

So, while our "truth crew" continues to do their duty as well as they can, I believe it is our duty to support them in every way we can.

I certainly hope that none of our most valued female members allow these few to drive them from our midst. Roz, along with every one of our "true" female members are held in the highest esteem by all of the rest of us. I truely hope Roz re-thinks her decision to depart. She is, as are you, Amanda Snake, already a "gold" member. :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi Bubba, I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression with my last post. I believe that people here should be able to express themselves freely. I have no objection to that. I don't object to all the fetish type threads, they're simply not my cup of tea that's all. And no, I don't have to read them, you're right. However if I simply don't want to to partake in those subjects then that leaves me what seems to be increasingly little opportunity to post. I appreciate the anonymity and I also appreciate and support the moderators. I don't think females are being driven away. I simply think there's limited opportunity to express ourselves in the topics here. I hope that helps to clarify. :winkiss:

There is no doubt that the more bizarre stuff here at hhplace drives some of our female members away which is a real shame. The way I use this forum is similar to how I watch television. I turn it on and I browse the channels. If something interests me I watch it, if it doesn't interest me then I simply turn over and browse another channel. Some of the stuff here doesn't appeal to me but I simply ignore it and read any relevant content. There are many really good postings here at hhplace which are positive and offer great advice to both male and female members. Much of the content is in good taste and makes great reading. Yes, it is a shame too that guys have to post in the section just for women which only serves to irk our female members. Why is it that some people never learn :winkiss: I would like to make a plea to those female members who have recently left or who are thinking of leaving hhplace to re-consider their decision. Please stay Thanks Patentheel

*** I simply think there's limited opportunity to express ourselves in the topics here. ***

There's a whole sub-forum where you can talk about anything you like, free in the knowledge that only girl posts will be allowed.

Usage there has increased quite a lot over the last few years.

I simply think there's limited opportunity to express ourselves in the topics here.

I hope that helps to clarify.

:winkiss:

Cool, then tell us what needs to be done to improve things?

As much as we try, we will never truly be able to see things froma womans point of view, so your insight and feedback can really help.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, you might be the first woman to actually step forward and say something about this.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Cool, then tell us what needs to be done to improve things?

As much as we try, we will never truly be able to see things froma womans point of view, so your insight and feedback can really help.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, you might be the first woman to actually step forward and say something about this.

Hi Richie,

I'm not sure that there is any way to "improve" the site in this respect.

It is predominantly a Guys site and there's no reason why it shouldn't be that way.

I'm sure It's not often a guy can really express his passion for womens footwear so in my opinion what you have provided here is of great value.

Women will come and go.

:silly::winkiss:

Amanda,

Like you I was sorry to read Roz's post. A great contributor to the site and will be missed.

I too don't care for the "pervy" stuff on the board. It is nicely compartmented and kept very tidy and if you don;t like, then don't look works for me, however, the fact that it is there at all detracts from the site and must be off-putting to women. Were it not for my enjoyment of wearing heels and trying to incorporate them into my daily wear when appropriate then I would also pass this site by.

Richie, Seeing as you have made a heels4men board, which is completely overshaddowed by hhplace (more is the pity) as it has exactly the same facility in the Guys section, perhaps the time has come to split the relevant sections up and have a heels4girls board and a heels4anyoneelse moderated by the particular group it is aimed at. I know it is all down to cost and bravo to you for doing this for us, so this suggestion is just a load of hot air really.

Then again as girls are not just interested in shoes, but everything else that goes along with the look, then maybe their section is a bit too limited to just one particular aspect of their wardrobe.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

What I dont understand is this air of "dont say anything until its too late" then just up and leave. If people dont like certain things, then why on earth do they just keep quiet about it and leave? What exactly does it take to get some feedback around here? If you dont like any pervy stuff, then point it out and show us. If members actually bother to show us what they dont like, we can deal with it, but if nobody is reporting anything, then we are to assume your all perfectly happy with everything on the website???

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!