***GIRLS ONLY*** Platforms: Yes, no or maybe?

roz

Your opinion on platforms  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on platforms

• Platforms are my favourite style
    • I like platforms and own a few
    • I like the style of platforms but don't own any
    • Undecided
    • I don't like platforms

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like the looks of those really high platform shoes though. Just not my style. Smaller platforms are much better. Looks more natural than someone wearing high platform shoes.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

• 3 weeks later...

I know wider platforms is supposed to give me more control but I still feel way more control in heels. Also, if you watch dancing, people never wear platforms, always heels or no shoes at all. There is a reason for that and the reason is control.

I like platforms but ONLY if they are approx 2 cm. If they are higher than it's not for me. I don't own any yet but I'm working on it so I can't give you any impression of my experience but I like the added height it gives you and it makes the lenght between me and my boyfriend when he is wearing heels (especially platforms) a bit less. I espeically like the that the spiked heel in stilettos is making the impression that the heel is higher than it really is in reality wearing them. But as I said earlier no more than 2 cm platform higher than that is just making the shoe looking to clumsy I think, but that's my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that it is summer and it is less slippery outside, I find I am more daring in wearing boots that are a combination of platforms and heels. The platforms give me less control but with it being less slippery, I can look taller :wave:

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 6 plats of 1" to 1+1/2". I have to be a little careful in that I use crutches and wear one shoe. The higher heel tends to flex a little as I step down on it. Not a problem but something for me to be aware of. I prefer non-plats, but in a plat I feel more in control, and at times more feminine.

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself wearing platforms more often these days. Platforms (.5-1") seem to be the trend and I see a lot of them in the stores lately. I have quite a few platform pumps and sandals. Then there are the 'other' platforms that I wear which are more indoor use only that have 2-4" platforms.

Hidden platforms for boots and sandals make me feel comfy and protected. (as no platform at all make me feel the sensation of touching the dirty streets) Girls, platforms allow a higher heel (dont forget Pithagoras theorem):smile: So, i love stripper platforms specially in thighhighds boots to dance in a disco. :D

Elegance is my second name

I must say I like both and tend wear platforms of around 1 inch with a 5 inch heel or plain soles with heels up to 4 3/4 inch for day time, But if we are going out for the evening or to a function then its turn on the glam time with the highest heels that suit my outfit.

• 3 weeks later...

yes! and, so crazy, this is why they feel really acceptable and wearable for public now (ok it depends on the style)- but still nothing I would have said about platforms of that height e. g. some 4 years ago.

I love platform heels. And even better platform sandals. Very sexy, sassy and easy to wear. High heels are not always practical. But Platforms you can wear anywhere all day and your feet won't hurt.

• 1 month later...

I love platforms and long may they stay in fashion. if you are not very tall they are an absolute necessity. I don't wear platforms all of the time I do like the good old stilleto court shoe and I wear them a lot too but platforms are a must for me. Maybe things have changed - court shoes are always in fashion and rightly so, but may be platforms could be too - please - especially as courts with a platform are very fashionable right now. Being short wearing platforms under trousers or jeans allows me to "fake" being taller. I have what I call my silly shoes - very high platforms -my husband calls them stilts - and with trousers on I feel much better - I think you have to be short to appreciate how it helps.

With a lot of shoes that have really high heels, people tend to focus on your high heel and not notice that you have a platform as well. I have had comments from people saying "wow, you can walk in 5" heels" when in fact, they were 3" heels with a 2" platform. hehe

I really love platforms.

I am now branching out from platforms, but as a fairly new heel wearer they allow me to go into the higher heights with a little more ease. It also doesn't hurt that they are really on trend right now.

and Dollybird said

I love platforms and long may they stay in fashion. if you are not very tall they are an absolute necessity

I totally agree. I also love big platforms (stripper platforms :) ) for special occasions

Elegance is my second name

• 3 weeks later...

I like platform shoes. They are not my favorite style but I like them. I have few pairs with platform height from 1" to 4". Some of them are for special occasion, especially when the platform is very high (see attached). I love these one ! Kiss Sab

post-26028-133522947616_thumb.jpg

High heels are the most exciting thing of life silly.gif !

• 8 months later...

I don't like really high platforms, because I think wearing them is a lot more dangerous than wearing normal high heels. 1-2cm is quite ok, but anything higher than 2cm is beyond my walking-skills :unsure:

I think platforms just look so clunky and chunky.

I did however invest in a few pairs with small hidden platforms more recently.

(sneaky ones)

They are more comfortable without a doubt. I invested in some D&G Mary Jane Leather pumps only last week, they have about a half inch platform. I'm actually reluctant to take them off but running out of outfits to match!

I used to be very against high heels with platforms, because, as Cindy said, they feel like cheating. It doesn't help that poorly made platforms seem to be everywhere in the shops I go to. Then I found a pair I liked and now I will on occasion notice something nice about platform heels. I just don't like the "stripper" look as I prefer an elegant, streamlined look. Like Amanda Snake, I own a few hidden platform heels and what I value most about them is their heel height and "sneaky" platforms rather than the comfort or ease of movement because by the time I bought them I was well at ease in heels. I also am starting to like those more showy platforms that are covered in mirrored metallic material. The actual platform height that appeals to me depends on the shoe in question, as I feel some styles look fine with more platform that would be disastrous on another pair.

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I find it difficult to get spiky heels these days without a platform , so tend to use various so called ''fetish'' sites for heels over 4 inches. I can walk in really high heels but still feel like a carthorse in platforms , that is just a personal observation.

• 5 years later...

Platform heels are definitely more comfortable than normal heels because they provide better support, but when it comes to high platform heels I opt for wedges, as high platform heels don't go with every outfit. Along with giving the support, wedges look stylish and feel comfortable. Nowadays, I am getting obsessed with a combination of wedges and platform heels, Jaunt platform wedges from OTBT, check them out here: https://www.otbtshoes.com/products/jaunt-mocha-otbt.

Juant Mocha OTBT Wedges.jpg