Dressing up for the Races

Its the Grand National on Saturday and with the glitz and glamour of horse racing comes the dressing up!

All I can say about the following link is "nice heels shame about the faces"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1167073/And-theyre--Birthday-girl-Coleen-leads-fashion-pack-Aintrees-Ladies-Day.html

I particularly like the last picture, some very nice patent stilettos!

a lot of ladies appearing in those pictures and not one dress or pair of heels the same. One of the reasons I particularly like women's shoes is the large selection of models and styles. A large choice. :winkiss: The "really-big" gal in the flowerdy dress.......reminds me of a multi-color Goodyear blimp....with orange hair. :silly::clap:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It looks from the first picture on that page, as if she has just read my thoughts on exactly how she looks in that dress. It's the sort of thing one might be forced to wear to get oneself noticed on the cheap seats.

Its the Grand National on Saturday and with the glitz and glamour of horse racing comes the dressing up!

All I can say about the following link is "nice heels shame about the faces"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1167073/And-theyre--Birthday-girl-Coleen-leads-fashion-pack-Aintrees-Ladies-Day.html

I particularly like the last picture, some very nice patent stilettos!

my ex went to that race a couple years ago wearing a tight pencil skirt, 5.5 inch black non-platform stiletto heels, a hat with a veil, a corset and long evening gloves.

my ex went to that race a couple years ago wearing a tight pencil skirt, 5.5 inch black non-platform stiletto heels, a hat with a veil, a corset and long evening gloves.

You didn't take her there?

Amanda Snake, you talked about American women being kinda hefty in another post. Now then, take a look at some of the gals in these pics. It appears to me that women in the UK don't have much room to criticize. Some look to me like they took one bite too many from the kidney pie, too! :winkiss::silly: (they are a bit chunky, aren't the?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Amanda Snake, you talked about American women being kinda hefty in another post. Now then, take a look at some of the gals in these pics. It appears to me that women in the UK don't have much room to criticize. Some look to me like they took one bite too many from the kidney pie, too! :winkiss::silly:

(they are a bit chunky, aren't the?)

I agree, Not only pork and steak and kidney pies but fish and chips are to blame. Scottish women are generally heftiest here.

• 10 months later...