new shoes

dheel

I just got these shoes from Nine West. I love them! I normally wear a men's 10 wide - these are women's 10-1/2. They are a bit narrow, but not uncomfortable. And they are leather, so I'm sure they will stretch. Other than that, they fit great. I have never worn women's shoes in public, but I can almost see myself wearing these out somewhere. Almost. Here are a couple pics - you can also see them at www.ninewest.com under "casual" - they are called "goodgirl". What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

"No matter what they say"

Hello, nice heels! I really do like the style! After I took a look at the picture on which you are wearing them with jeans, the only thing i could say is: go ahead and try thme outdoor - it really shouldn't be a problem with this combination! best wishes Joak

They're beautiful. There is a lady at work who wears a similar shoe with a slightly lower heel. I think you could get away with wearing them in public since they resemble a man's dress boot when worn with long pants. I wish I could wear modestly-heeled shoes like those but most of them do not fit me (I am a men's size 10EE). My wearing of extreme heel heights is a sort of rebellion against this fact.

Michael

Would you wear these barefoot, or with socks, or with nylons?

I would wear them with black socks. Maybe after getting comfortable enough wearing them in public, I might try barefoot. Of course, I haven't yet worked up the courage to wear them outside at all. And I have never really considered wearing nylons.

They're beautiful. There is a lady at work who wears a similar shoe with a slightly lower heel.

Thanks, mk. I have seen a similar style also, with a slightly lower heel - maybe the same ones you've seen. A girl I know has them, and she got them at Ross. If I had the guts to try on women's shoes in a store, I would have bought those (assuming they had my size.) They probably would have been a lot cheaper!!

"No matter what they say"

Socks or no socks: I wear my clogs outdoors with socks in the winter. But beginning in the spring I get really reckless and wear them barefoot. I'm trying to screw up enough nerve to wear my boots outside too. I have worn clogs to go grocery shopping and occasionally to work. I currently own two pairs, both in size EU 45. My Anna clogs are in dark brown leather and the Tessa clogs are in black leather. Both have wood bottoms with heavily-treaded rubber soles. Clogs are more of a unisex footwear than they are women's shoes. However I have not seen many men wearing them since the end of the 70s. So I guess I feel pretty adventurous when I wear my clogs outside the house, especially without socks. Some women and young girls have even asked to try them on.

Michael

Great heels, dheel! I would say go for it and wear them with a fairly casual outfit. My 3in wedges are fairly similar, although they have a closed back, and I've had no problems wearing them anywhere. Those ones you've bought look very male... just go for it! You'll get away with those without a problem! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hi dheel,

your shoes look very nice, but I prefer to wear (ankle)boots. :D

My favourite pair of boots are these:

http://www.ninewest.com/store/product-detail.html?viewcategory=SHOES&viewsubcategory=BOOTS&style_name=NWDEEN&ticket=jPvaB7pioM83.6t9&prox_sq=1439081222

I have a pair like these weared outside about 2 weeks ago :D

What a pity, ninewest do not deliver to germany :wink:

HeelHolgi

(Excuse me abuot my bad english)

If you like it, do it!

Hi dheel,

your shoes look very nice, but I prefer to wear (ankle)boots. :wink:

My favourite pair of boots are these:

http://www.ninewest.com/store/product-detail.html?viewcategory=SHOES&viewsubcategory=BOOTS&style_name=NWDEEN&ticket=jPvaB7pioM83.6t9&prox_sq=1439081222

I have a pair like these weared outside about 2 weeks ago :D

Hi HeelHolgi,

I just took a look at the Ninewest-sites. Do you really dare to wear these high blade heels in public? If YES, my congratulations, you are as crazy as me!

But why are you so shy? You need not to excuse yourself for your English, it's nearly perfect. I already answered to you: Don't care about it as long as you will be understood!

I found only one fault in your contribution: the "abuot". Obviously an typing error! I'm definitely sure: some anglo-american postings contain much more grammar faults than your postings.

But now I've become a little bit curious: What do you anglo-american guys think about the helpless stammering of us German guys? Or of the Spanish or the Scandivians guys and....? Understandable or only a sheer catastrophe? I know, it might sound sometimes a bit clumsy. But for all of us English is a foreign language and not our native language.

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Nearly everything on that website is advertised as having a 2.5 inch heel, even though some of it looks a bit higher. Is it a typing error or is all their stuff low heeled?

Micha asked:

What do you anglo-american guys think about the helpless stammering of us German guys? Or of the Spanish or the Scandivians guys

I'd much prefer to try to figure out what you are trying to say in english than try to understand it in German :wink: - Besides, your english is really very good (don't sweat the small stuff)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Socks or no socks:

I wear my clogs outdoors with socks in the winter. But beginning in the spring I get really reckless and wear them barefoot. I'm trying to screw up enough nerve to wear my boots outside too.

I have worn clogs to go grocery shopping and occasionally to work. I currently own two pairs, both in size EU 45. My Anna clogs are in dark brown leather and the Tessa clogs are in black leather. Both have wood bottoms with heavily-treaded rubber soles.

Clogs are more of a unisex footwear than they are women's shoes. However I have not seen many men wearing them since the end of the 70s. So I guess I feel pretty adventurous when I wear my clogs outside the house, especially without socks. Some women and young girls have even asked to try them on.

Actually an awfull lot of European Truckers wear them because they tend to drive in stockinged feet (:wink:) and it's an easy matter just to slip them on just before they get down from the cab.

As much as I like clogs and own a couple of pairs, it's not a practice I think I will adopt because:

1. I make too many stops (up to 20 per day)

2. the floor of my truck gets so dirty and grubby that I'd end up with dermatitis or something!

3. I wouldn't be confident that I could control the vehicle properly.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Actually an awfull lot of European Truckers wear them because they tend to drive in stockinged feet (:wink:) and it's an easy matter just to slip them on just before they get down from the cab.

As much as I like clogs and own a couple of pairs, it's not a practice I think I will adopt because:

1. I make too many stops (up to 20 per day)

2. the floor of my truck gets so dirty and grubby that I'd end up with dermatitis or something!

3. I wouldn't be confident that I could control the vehicle properly.

In the US at least, there seems to be some homophobic thing about men wearing anything that even remotely resembles women's apparel. About 50 years ago the US Marine Corps considered outfitting their troops in berets but this idea was rejected because they would look too "foreign and feminine".

Michael

Nearly everything on that website is advertised as having a 2.5 inch heel, even though some of it looks a bit higher. Is it a typing error or is all their stuff low heeled?

I think it is the way they measure their heels (inside probably). I have been to Nine West stores several times and tried on some shoes and boots of them. Many of the heels are 3 inch, in some cases 3.5.

I find them to be good quality shoes. Usually I can get half a size smaller than I get at other fashion stores. They seem to be sized on the large side.

I'd much prefer to try to figure out what you are trying to say in english than try to understand it in German :D

I see, you understood me very well! Encouraging me to continue my stammer :D

But back to the topic of the thread:

In the late seventies I had a pair of clogs with a wooden sole (at the heel nearly 2'' high) and brown suede leather. I loved them because of the the feeling to walk on heels. Until I purchased my beloved light brown plateau ankle boots. With 1'' soles and block heels higher than 3''. Nearly ABBA style!

Squirrel Heels, this could be interesting for your latest college outings:

I wore these clogs also in the auditorium and the seminars of my university (as student of physics!). I had a lot of doubts about it although clogs became fashionable for guys at that time (~1976). But I don't remember if I had the guts to wear there my plateau boots (?!).

Nowadays I would like to wear such clogs again. The summer is coming soon!

But I can't find them in my size (EU 44/45 rsp. UK10/11 or US 13). With a wooden sole and at least a little bit elevated heels :wink: Anyone of you knows a link to an internet shop?

micha

Nowadays I would like to wear such clogs again. The summer is coming soon!

But I can't find them in my size (EU 44/45 rsp. UK10/11 or US 13). With a wooden sole and at least a little bit elevated heels :wink: Anyone of you knows a link to an internet shop?

micha

Here's what I bought:

http://www.tessaclogs.com/blackmountain.html

I'll probably order another pair in brown. They also have more "feminine" styles, but the Black Mountains seem virtually indestructible.

Michael

Thank you very much for this hint :D ! The most I like the nubuck styles, especially the antique brown model. But sh.. always the same problem: only available up to size 41. The most beautiful shoes again only for women :wink: micha