Summertime = Sandaltime !!!

SF

Spring is here and summer is around the corner. The warmer weather means it is sandal time. Even in California, winter is too cold for much sandal wearing (except for so-cal, and that's another story). A lot of the posts here talk about hh boots but not much about hh sandals. All my fem shoes are sandals -well, one pair of clogs - that I wear all the time (in public), weather permitting. Who else is into hh sandals? It's pedicure time!! Take care... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I truly love high heeled sandals and own about a dozen pair that I wear in public. A few of my outfits wearing sandals are posted in my gallery album. I like boots but one of the things I love about heels is freeing my feet and what could be better for that than sandals? For me, pedicure time is year round. Traditionally I got a nice clear coat of polish, but this winter I have been getting color. For me, I have found that a deep color really makes sandals pop. I don't know if I will continue to get color on my toenails this summer, but I will surly be be out and about in my sandals.

Style is built from the ground up!

Sandals are by far my favorite kind of shoes. I love the warm summer sun on my feet when I wear my high heels. I have been looking forward to summer all winter long. I can hardly wait to strip off the socks and slide my feet into a cool pair of sandals. I have never had a professional pedicure but am thinking of giving it a try this year. I do however at times wear a light shade of polish on my toes. It just seems to compement the overall look.:winkiss:

I like sandals too, and women's sandals tend to fit me much better. Not to mention that guy's sandals are boring. I have a pair of Steve Madden "Quesst" wedges I've worn outside, and I just picked up a pair of Steve Madden "Sohoe" sandals. I've worn sandals with toe rings, but can't say I've had colored toenails outside. Maybe that's something to try this season...

http://www.zappos.com/product/7470046/color/665

http://www.zappos.com/product/7398089/color/216

Hey, radiodave, love the wedges and also love the gladiators. Very cool, I have the MIA Rome style and love them for casual days and doing lots of walking. Keep up the good work.:winkiss:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I love the summer time, and I own two pairs of strappy wedge sandals, brown and blue in colour with 3 inch heels (my red ones have gone missing) I will find them, they date back to 1974 and I still wear them.

life is not a rehearsal

I agree: summertime = sandaltime :winkiss: To be ready for summer, I just bought two pairs of Glatiators sandals (see below). They are not high-heels sandals but they will still be a perfect match with my beige and black capri pants :silly:

post-14338-133522883771_thumb.jpg

I agree: summertime = sandaltime :winkiss:

To be ready for summer, I just bought two pairs of Glatiators sandals (see below).

They are not high-heels sandals but they will still be a perfect match with my beige and black capri pants :clap:

While those sandals look a bit like woman's sandals, they are not overly femenine to a point where you would raise a reaction while wearing them anywhere, anyplace and with any outfit. :silly:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, MINE are very similar to those (in black too) & I figure it just goes to show you, that style can ALWAYS change genders, even after more than 2,000 years! (what I mean is this: it they were good enough for Gaius Julius Caesar to wear while conquering great parts of western europe, then they are good enough in the 21st century for MEN to wear AGAIN!!) the mere fact that they somehow are sold as WOMANS styles is what I'm saying, since anyone who knows ancient history will see them time and again as MENS, worn by-you guessed it-MEN, not women!!!:winkiss:

Hi,

I've seen low gladiator-style sandals sold as "men's" as well, e.g. Vagabond has a few models in their SS'09 collection, for example: http://www.vagabond.com/vagabond_product.aspx?ItemNr=2769-301&color=

These haven't yet arrived at stores around here. But my favorites would be something like these: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CM-239721&page=19&cgname=OSSHUSDLVIL&rfnbr=5989

Happy Heeling

k6ps

...the mere fact that they somehow are sold as WOMANS styles is what I'm saying, since anyone who knows ancient history will see them time and again as MENS, worn by-you guessed it-MEN, not women!!!:winkiss:

This is so true. Why do we have to shop on the women's side to get a good looking gladiator's sandals ?

The ones you see on the men's side are ugly, heavy, bulky and not as comfortable. Why is that ?

Those are very nice but I guess you could not wear them easily with male clothing...

Women wear them with masculine clothing, so why can't men?

This is the $50000 question and here is the simple answer: Because these sandals are made for women.

Unfortunately, we are the only ones here to say "they are only shoes after all".

Since they are made for women, they are "forbidden" to men. Simple as that. Silly isnt-it ?

...it's OK for women to look masculine but not for men to look feminine? Bah!

My next question have been asked many times but I ask it again:

Why can't we wear shoes which are better looking, comfortable and "feel" better ?

As I previously said, most of our shoes are ugly, heavy, bulky or not as comfortable...Too bad :winkiss:

To be ready for summer, I just bought two pairs of Glatiators sandals (see below).

:: in thick Australian accent ::

Those aren't gladiator sandals! These are gladiator sandals (in black)! ;D

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

In March, I can't wait for warm weather so I can wear sandals; in August, I can't wait for boot season to start. I've never been much for wearing heeled sandals in public, except, perhaps some thick wooden soled ones from the seventies -- I'll have to try to find some pictures of them. I'm afraid I mostly wear various forms of this forum's much hated flip-flops: Fit-Flops, platform flip-flops, Japanese geta, and when I want to really annoy everyone here, plain old flip-flops. I can't stand mass-market men's sandals with the wide band across the forefoot and white socked toes sticking out (or maybe even worse, black socks!).

Flats, heels, with polish, without polish, masculine, feminine...who cares? Wear what you like and how you like to wear it, whenever you like, wherever you like! Men wearing wearing heels is pretty cutting edge in the first place, so do it however you like it. I for one am thinking a pair of flat gladiator style sandals are a must have for this summer. But I also wear heeled sandals when I like to. Just do it your way and enjoy! I plan to.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...

I too like to wear sandals in the summer but dislike most of the heavy, clumpy styles available in men's sizes. Women are really spoiled for choice when it comes to light, open styles, whether flat or otherwise - I do wish they could be found in larger sizes. Last year, I bought a pair of these Birkenstock Madrid style in size 45 (UK11) from Amazon (about the only source in the UK above size 9) and find them really comfortable: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418549wKKxL._AA280_.jpg.

I don't think anyone would regard them as other than a simple unisex style, totally acceptable for men. But, because they are listed by Amazon in the women's section and available in a wide range of feminine colours (although only in black in the sizes above 9), one woman reviewing them took exception to a couple of male customers who had bought and recommended them. How sexist is that? As one of the reviewers has now pointed out, wellies are unisex footwear and their availability in pink or multi-colours for the girls does not stop them being traditional rugged male wear in black!