First time streetheeling - and telling

Pascal

Hi to all, Being tired of hidding my passion for high heels, today - 10 minutes ago - I walked with my leather boots outside - I even told my neighbor about it, while showing him the heels. He said something along the lines of "if you like to wear them, it hurts nobody. These are beautiful boots". Now, I know this guy is open minded, but is reaction was great news for me. It was also the first time I drove with my heels - it felt great. Some trucker saw me walking in my heels : he made a somewhat strange face, but I don't care. (maybe he looked at me this way because i'm not quite good walking in high heels...) I'm far more anxious about my family and friends reactions, however. I'm eager to tell them how I feel about it, and tell them that nothin' different except that I do feel very good in high heel shoes. Any suggestions or comments ?

post-17193-133522882873_thumb.jpg

post-17193-133522882882_thumb.jpg

post-17193-133522882888_thumb.jpg

post-17193-133522882895_thumb.jpg

Great boots, heretic_666:thumbsup: Congratulations :winkiss: Your neighbors reaction to your boots is not what anyone would expect, is it? As for the boots, while they would never pass as "male" footwear, you should be able to wear them anywhere without fear or invoking much of a reaction. So, put them on and get on with business.....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I got those boots from eBay. They are Colin Stuart brand. Not top quality, but great nonetheless. I don't know if they're available in size 14. Mine are size 11, loose on the foot and even more so on the calves, unfortunately.

heretic_666 –

Wow! Where should I start?

First – Congratulations on going out. You have already discovered that folks are tolerant these days. (Your neighbors comment was great)

Second – The boots look great.

I think I prefer the pants in the boots rather than the high cuff but either way shows off the boots. I really believe it is easier to go out and show off your boots rather than trying to hide them.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Frodo220, Colin Stewart shoes and boots can be purchased from Victoria Secret. Although I've only noticed that they only advertise up to size 11 in some styles, I do not know if they make any models up to size that large.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Anyway, what do I care what people think about my shoes?

I like those boots but unfortunately they are a little too big! :silly:

Well done heretic_666 (and nice boots too) :winkiss:

May I suggest you buy your next pair of boots (or shoes) in a real store and try them before buying ?

I know, it is easier said than done, but this way, you will be sure they fit and you won't waste your money.

Try Aldo or Spring, their sale personel is "open minded" (At least here in my area: not sure about your place)

And you are very lucky to wear women's size 10. You will have way more choice (I wear size 11).

BTW, the shoes from Aldo are narrow (their boots are OK). Shoes and boots from Spring are less expensive.

Happy heeling !

• Like 1

Don't worry too much about family and friends, the thing is they have known you for a long time and you have been thinking about heels for a long time also. So they we will realise its not a sudden change but that they have known a guy who likes to wear heels for some time. Of course they will ask questions like why you like them and stuff but them trying to further understand what you're feeling, have a think about what you might reply before maybe but don't worry too much you're still the same person.

• Like 1

Yeah, you guys know which words to choose! :winkiss: I totally agree with you Daniel, next time I buy shoes i'll get to try them before. I'm somehow already eager but also stressed out by this. I know it will be really fun. I'll visit le Marché Jean-Talon soon - someone want to come with me ? - there are lots and lots of business selling beautiful and sexy shoes there. Yeah, I wear size 10, maybe even size 9, however in most shoes I need a wider fit. As for telling my friends and family, you're right that i'm the same person, Duck. I'm just not that ready yet, but the idea spreads itself... and one day i'll be ready. :silly:

I totally agree with you Daniel, next time I buy shoes i'll get to try them before.

I'm somehow already eager but also stressed out by this. I know it will be really fun.

I'll visit le Marché Jean-Talon soon - someone want to come with me ? - there are lots and lots of business selling beautiful and sexy shoes there.

Don't worry Pascal. The first time you go in a store to try shoes is always stressful.

Maybe you could do what I did the first time: I asked the salesperson If I could try

them in the backstore away from customers (First time was in a Aldo store and manager said yes, no problem).

If they say no, just spend your money in another store ! Now I try them in the open without hiding.

But the next time it will be easier for you and so on...You won't regret it. It is a very nice feeling :winkiss:

Marché Jean-Talon: Are you talking about the one in Montreal or in Charlesbourg ?

As fas as I know, the Montreal one is a place only selling food and vegetables (It is not a flea market).

So I am assuming it must be the one in Charlesbourg which is "a little bit" too far from where I live...

• Like 1

I did not even think about asking the manager to try shoes in the backstore. Not a bad idea. I was thinking about all the businesses around the Jean-Talon subway station. There are a lot of businesses there.

• 2 weeks later...

A very nice pair of boots that you have there. Next time you purchase Colin Stuart boots, try a size 10 which might fit you better and be more comfortable for you to wear. Isn't it great to be able to get out in your boots? Just put them on and go about your daily chores like nothing is different and have fun in your heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• Like 1

High Heeled Boots Forever!

...Any suggestions or comments ?

Play around with your digital camera, and see if it doesn't have a timer. If it does, set the camera on the ground (or a chair), and takes some pictures from there. I know it's sometimes the best we can do, but the "I'm holding the camera at my face, shooting down at my feet" shot is in many cases a horrible picture. Even by yourself, in a dressing room, there has to be a way to get a better shot.

• Like 1