Back pain

Brandy

This for everyone; please leave a note on your experience. I personally do not wear High Heels very much and when I do, not to exceed 3". So that makes me pretty pedestrian heel wearer. When I do wear it is off the clock so to say not at work. If I really wanted I suppose I could but I have no desire. Recently I have become bored and wanted to get out of the house. So I put on a nice ankle length skirt, shirt and jacket and go to the local Performing Arts Center. For foot wear I would use my over-calf black boots 3" inch heel. I like this but with warmer weather coming I thought I would find some ankle height boots or bootie shoes. I did find a pair of Sofft Rochelle that fit wonderfully. They have about a 3" inch heel and REALLY GOOD insole and sole. Flashback: when I was 13 years old I was on my bicycle and was hit by a car. My right leg was broken. Since this corresponded with a growth spurt my right leg is 5/8" shorter than my left. Back to today: I normally wear a 1/2" heel insert/lift. BUT back pain is a constant companion. Even with heels I still slip some kind of heel lift into the right shoe. This last week I have been at home walking a lot in the Rochelle's sorting out the size, etc. AND I have noticed that my back pain has lessened. Now doctors, podiatrists have all said High Heels are bad for your feet. OK I went through a lot of trouble to get a rounded toe box with enough width so my toes are not cramped. QUESTION: Has anyone else noticed an easing of back pain while wearing "Heels"? -- Brandy

Yes Yes and Yes.

After rolling the car in france and breaking my neck. most of the trauma was in the shoulder /neck muscles although the neck is sorted - fused and plated at C5-C6 apart from clicks now and again the muscles still give grief, mostly in autumn with the cold and damp, stress also has an effect.

Half hour in heels works wonders, changes the posture and just forget about painkillers - don't work so I don't use, just step into heels and be cool

Al

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I started having very bad lower back pain, being the person that I am never go to the doctor never take any pills etc, thought it would go away on its own, but I lived with it. Well after a few years I noticed I was having problems with my hip joints, some mornings I could hardly walk after getting up. So I went and saw the back man, he told me he has never seen anybody with such a stiff lower back and he started in 1990, over the years I had adjusted my lower body movments so I used my hips instead of my lower back, I am now on a course of lower back exercises, to try and start my lower back to function again, it is very slow going and painful at times, but it is working, my man tells me it will never be normal, but I am doing my very best to make sure it works now I know what the problem is. Anyway wearing heels makes no difference for my problem, I still have very limited movement heels or not, but my problem is not walking its bending over or trying to bend at different angles, putting my heels on is the problem not wearing them.

life is not a rehearsal

This for everyone; please leave a note on your experience.

I personally do not wear High Heels very much and when I do, not to exceed 3". So that makes me pretty pedestrian heel wearer. When I do wear it is off the clock so to say not at work. If I really wanted I suppose I could but I have no desire.

Recently I have become bored and wanted to get out of the house. So I put on a nice ankle length skirt, shirt and jacket and go to the local Performing Arts Center. For foot wear I would use my over-calf black boots 3" inch heel. I like this but with warmer weather coming I thought I would find some ankle height boots or bootie shoes.

I did find a pair of Sofft Rochelle that fit wonderfully. They have about a 3" inch heel and REALLY GOOD insole and sole.

Flashback: when I was 13 years old I was on my bicycle and was hit by a car. My right leg was broken. Since this corresponded with a growth spurt my right leg is 5/8" shorter than my left.

Back to today: I normally wear a 1/2" heel insert/lift. BUT back pain is a constant companion.

Even with heels I still slip some kind of heel lift into the right shoe. This last week I have been at home walking a lot in the Rochelle's sorting out the size, etc.

AND I have noticed that my back pain has lessened. Now doctors, podiatrists have all said High Heels are bad for your feet. OK I went through a lot of trouble to get a rounded toe box with enough width so my toes are not cramped.

QUESTION: Has anyone else noticed an easing of back pain while wearing "Heels"?

-- Brandy

Every person is different, so what works well for one may spell disaster for another. Plus, when you couple-on the fact that all pain is in your head (you really can't feel pain in yer back or anywhere else - it's all in yer mind) that leaves the door wide-open for all sorts of possibilities.

I sometimes experience some mild relief when I wear heels, but if I overdo it, I'm sure to let myself in for a big session with pain-killers.

If yer leg really is shorter, then I would suggest either adding an extra thick lift to the shoe for the short leg, or else continue what you are doing with the insert in the shoe.

Yes, statisticly heels are bad for you, and I'm sure that the medical people have the figures to back-up what they say. But statistics don't always tell the whole story. Once again, everyone is different. So if you want to join the statistics then you'd better get rid of the heels. But if you don't fit the stats, then stay here with us. :winkiss:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Wearing heels has tilted your spine into a different position when you stand and walk. All the bone, muscle and cartilage is all lined or piled up in a new position. It's very possible that your worn out/damaged painful bits are no longer a doing battle with gravity. :winkiss:

My bad back was caused by constant lifting of plasma screens, off walls etc for repair. After you repaired them you have to put them back again, (most times on your own) over a long period this is what has caused my back pain, anyway it does seem to be getting better, now I do my exercises twice daily.

life is not a rehearsal