Fall Fashions

BobHH

The newspapers had a review of the Paris fall fashion shows, and mentioned that Dior had stiletto platform shoes so high that one model fell on the runway. You can find pictures on the Elle magazine or Style.com websites, under Fall Fashion shows. Select Christian Dior and select "Details." The shoes aren't exactly stilettos, but they seem to be basically open-toed platform pumps, with tall platforms and very high heels. They are decorated with multiple straps and buckles, including between the platform and the heel! Sort of strange looking!

They look like they are no higher than the stripper shoes styles sold under names like Stiletto and Jante in places like United Footware and on many web sites. That's a lot of straps. The top designers are flirting with Bondage themes again by the look of it; though D&G have never really left that subject alone.

Hmm. Those shoes sort-of remind me of the mega platforms that Vivienne Westwood did about 10 years, or more, ago. The ones that Naomi Campbell famously fell off.

Makes you wonder if they're trying to put the foot into bondage, or the shoe!!? :rofl: :drinking: :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Bubba, you are allowed to endorse me. But as a moderator and resident goddess, I cannot officially endorse anyone else. Typically. :wink: It's a political game on this level... But I do endorse Coca-Cola, and would gladly have them as my sponsor for some free product every week...

Just seen those pix, I wouldn't buy a pair of them in a million years! I'm with Laurie on this one, I do not like platforms! No wonder that model fell on the catwalk, the surface looks like glass!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

I'm going to disagree with Laurie, and say...

FX: ZAP!

Ouch - what happened there? Anyhow, I quite liked those. I'm not sure I'd wear them myself, but I liked the pics, and I liked the shoes.

(Edit - D'oh - just got the joke in the post title. IRL: slaps self on forehead)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I quite like em... wouldn't wear them myself though. And I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'll think what I like about them! :wink: And I'm not surprised she (or even a he?!) fell, look like they need some getting used to to be able to walk in them properly. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Very funny, Yamyam, very funny.

Glad you liked it. Couldn't resist a chance to tease you :wink:

If only that were a power I could use for real...

*zap*

Chris - best invest in a lightning conductor, just in case :D

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"