Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

I was wondering, why do we like to wear heels? For me it is mostly for comfort. I mean the arch the heels position my feet in just feels better than mens flat shoes. But there is a part of me that also enjoys the feminine feeling they give me. What are your reasons? Does anyone know how I can turn this into a poll?

i wear heels because my legs are too short to reach the ground.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

i wear heels because my legs are too short to reach the ground.

Hahahaha I've hurt my sides that one made me laugh so much it's unreal :winkiss:

I voted 'other' as I wear them for the thrill, I enjoy being alternative and yeah I do enjoy the femininity associated with them. Plus my girlfriend is really turned on by them so that's a major bonus too.

I love my boots!!

They make my feet look smaller which is for me the most important. By using my 4" or 5" boots, I`m finelly comfortable to look down on my feet. I always hatet to look down to see my size 44/45 feet. It might sound weird but I always had a mental problem to look down and see those big uggly shoes.. :-) Therefore I`m not really into the stiletto type of footwear for myself, I like more the thicker heel since in my mind high heeled footwear with thicker heels also can look masculin...well, I might be a little brainwashed :-)

Hi, I started to wear heels because: - for comfort -- after (and during a few short breaks) sitting behind the computer for 8-10 hours a day (i'm a software developer) it feels like better relief for my lower back to walk on high heels than on flats - for fashion -- i'm a non-comformist and enjoy some little thrills - because i feel sexier on heels and my wife (thank god she's a non-comformist too :winkiss:) likes it So far i wear only relatively masculine heels, e.g. block, chunky, stacked, and feeling feminine is for me the last reason to wear heels. Happy Heeling k6ps

I wear heels because men's shoes tend to bore me, and they make me feel more in touch with the feminine aspects of my personality, especially my mannerisms.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Desire and its satisfaction are a very powerful and important tools we mortals severely underestimate in the socialization of each individual.

From the very core of who I am, there has always been a desire to wear certain types of footwear. It didn't matter that the social attitudes or the fashion experts had decided what I was suppose to wear, they were not me. Long before I knew about any social taboos, I found out I could wear the shoes I desired. Afterwards, inspite of the preachings and denials, all the opposition became mere opinions of others perceptions. I knew what I liked. If they didn't, so what. That wasn't my problem.

When they started to enforce their opinions, it only made my resolve to wear them more intense. Through this insistence, I learnied the art of deception as countermeasures, while thinking they weren't interested in promoting the reality of the truth. They were more concerned about the social embarrassment and social standing should they be perceived as condoning such a sociably unaccepted practice due to its social classification.

Suffice it to say, I wear high stiletto heels because they are with in my desired footwear choices to personally adorn my appearance. All the other benefits are great addendums to more fully enjoy this satisfaction.

What is a feminine feeling? I am a man so all my feelings are masculine even though most of them can or are shared with women. SO is a feminine feeling one that is exclusively women only? That would make sense. If that is the case I will never feel it as...I am a man. Will someone suggest some feelings that are feminine only ? I don't expect anything as trivial as wearing heeled shoes to be on the list! M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Histiletto! It sounds like you have experienced the very same trials that I, and a lot of us, have. And, like you, most of us have persisted and, in a long run, have achieved our goal of wearing any kind, type or style of footwear anywhere we want to. Good on you (and the rest of us)! :winkiss:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Always been attracted to heels both to watch and also in jealousy - why can't we. Also found with my neck/shoulder injuries the posture change works faster and longer than any pain killer. It's not to be feminine, I don't do girlie mode, I want my/our mode. Al

Also found with my neck/shoulder injuries the posture

change works faster and longer than any pain killer.

Good point Alsheels :-)

I am flatfooted. Wearing heels is helping me a lot: No more ankle fatigue at the end of the day.

Before your post, I never realized I was wearing heels for a medical reason !!! :winkiss: LOL

For me it is for three reasons. 1: I love them for the styles I can wear, 2: I love them for the comfort of walking in them, 3: This may seem a bit crazy, but I also love to wear them because the help relax me by walking in them. I cannot explain why, but I become really relaxed when I am walking around in my high heel boots.

Why do I wear heels? Well there´s a lot of reasons why I do it. Living as a woman my high heels is now a part of me, in the same way as are my skirts/dresses, my makeup and all the thing. I´m supposed to wear heels, I look good wearing heels, my figure get a better postures. My fiance like it, me wearing high heels. I wear heels as much for my self and for him as well. We going out I´m wearing heels most of the time. Its makes me feel a bit longer. Being a short person, wearing high heels making me appear a bit taller. Even in my high heels I´m shorter then my fiance, even if I´m wearing 5" heels he´s taller then me. Wearing high heels also making me feel a bit more important, a bit more powerful. Working as I do in a man´s dominated office I need to feel a bit more powerful. I´m not saying I´m a powerful person but my high heels and me wearing a nice outfit a nice makeup, yes I feel more powerful, more at the same level as my male colleagues. At the same time, feeling a little bit more powerful I feel a bit vaulnurable too. Its hard to explain. I feel my male colleagues takes notice of me more if I´m wearing high heels. Somehow I feel they seeing me, lissten to what I have to say if I´m having a nice outfit on, good looking heels on. They surely hear me coming, clicking my way down the corridor or clicking my way in to having a meeting. Somehow I try taking this as an advantage for me, trying get them to see me, to lissten to me.

I voted other here because for me, I still get excited wearing heels. While I can wear them for hours without being sexually agog, there is certainly a sexual factor for me.

I wear high heels because I love the way they look and feel. It is a thrill to me to shop for heels as well. I enjoy the reactions I get from most people. There is no feeling I can describe like walking into a store and talking to a lady about heels while standing there in a pair of heels. My wife is very supportive of my choices. Although she thinks my heels are to high for her taste. I look for the day when stores start selling mens heels. I only hope they will be as tastefully made as womens are now.

I love heels first and foremost because I love women feet. Wearing women's shoes feels natural for me, they are beautiful and most of them comfortable. I think that fashion is somehow out of touch with men's feminine side, and I'm happy if more and more men reveal to the world their love for sexy heeled shoes. I hope fashion readapts and more and more heels for men become available.

I wear heels because: 1. They are Freaking Awesome! 2. They Fix my Posture 3. I had surgery on my ankle and the arch in them helps alleviate the stress. 4. because nobody likes being "normal" :winkiss: and 5. Because they are Freaking awesome!

I enjoy wearing heels for many reasons. There is a feminine feeling that I enjoy but I tend to think that it's a universal feeling that is coded as feminine because of the limited emotional territory that men are supposed content themselves with. There is definitely a comfort factor in that I love my alignment in heels and no other type of footwear force me to adhere to it so strictly. There's another factor. Wearing heels forces me into the moment. My mind doesn't wander off into next week or some concern about recent event. When I'm in heels I have to be right here right now, and I like that a lot. -MJ

some woman asked me that once while was out wearing my fetish boots and leather in public. my answer was this " because i want to". and thats the only reason that i or anyone else needs to offer. if we are getting aquainted over a beer in the bar or something, i might be more forthcoming...but then again,i might not be. depends on my mood i guess. and the realization that just because someone asks a question i do not need to give an answer

I like wearing heels because I could and have for a very long time with great comfort, good looks, and fashionable choices to choose from. I like the way they look, feel, and make me taller. It always makes my body aliments feel much better when I am wearing heels for long periods of time and makes me calmer and more in touch with my necessary feminine side which needs stroked from time to time., All is well. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!