Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

I dont know about anyone else, but to me it just feels right, especially high leather boots for me, love the feeling of them on my legs. x

Amen. I love boots and love to wear them. I even used to wear them out on a few occasions. I remember one salesgirl at Home Depot kept looking down at my feet. She never said anything though.

• 3 weeks later...

Transformation.

As well as comfort and femininity. I feel transformed. Something happens. Physically , psychologically even spiritually. Sort of feeling authentic and genuine. The person I really am is revealed. And I'm complete. Healed.

Words don't seem to convey the effect. But it's a powerful feeling for sure.

Sorry for the incoherent chatter

Not incoherent at all. I get a sense of self fulfilment, placation & I also feel quite sexy.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it just feels more comfortable and gets me going! I love the feeling heels give you when you walk, I love how they force you to move in a certain way. I'm into cross-dressing as well as just heels so there's also the feeling of becoming more feminine that I can't go without! It confuses me sometimes as they're technically less comfortable than flats but all I know is that I'm sat typing this in knee high boots and it feels....right. The way they encase my lower legs feels secure and the heels remind me that I'm making an effort for myself. They're also denting the carpet though... :wavey:

i feel a little of both as i look down at my feet in heels depends on the number of straps and how secure they feel. i have noticed that when a lady is wearing heels and sitting down like on a bench seat she does look down at her pumps or sandals and tends to move her feet around at different angles to see her shoes and how they look. i would call that a type of fixation that i like to do myself so i think that is a feminine side of my wearing heels and yes when i slide my sandals on my feet they feel good and especially when i first wore my ladies high heel shoes it did make me feel very good about myself and yes a little sexy at that. still feel this way and when i walk in them i like how they tend to make me correct my way of walking and that has improved my posture and as should say i tend to wear my heels in the house but have gone out a few times once in the morning to the mall to go shoe shopping at bakers. still wanting to go more out in public. i feel i did not specify that in my introduction about myself. the heels i wear sometimes fit great while others were tight in the toes but not to where i could not walk in them. but back to the question after work i get home and put on a pair of heels and that relaxes me and my wife likes to see me in a good mood which high heels tend to do also heels help tone my legs so that is good excercise that is a good reason to wear them so basically i like the way they look on my feet .

• 3 weeks later...

High heels look,feel and sound fantastic.I think they are one of mans greatest creations.They make me feel soooo good and no way should the girls have exclusive rights (man ,they look good in them too).They add a new and wonderful dimension to an otherwise average life.

I'd have to say some level of femininity is involved, but having worn them for years inside my own home, without any feedback from others, I'd also say it's simply an extension of who I am as a human being.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say that I wear them specifically for the comfort. I wear them for the look, the femininity, and the way it changes your stride. Comfort just determines what heels I wear. Uncomfortable shoes are a deal breaker. I don't want to dread walking in the shoes I love so much. That's also why I tend to prefer at least a little platform.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

So, after my first evening in boots, doing very 'normal' things (we watched TV, played Monopoly, ate dinner) I found that the boots themselves made me feel a bit feminine. The change in my walk, the way I sat (I wanted to cross my legs with my feet up, so I could look at them)... It just made me feel a little feminine. So, although I wear them for comfort, I feel there will always be that feeling-feminine aspect to it.

My answer is: why not? Whatever is the reason i can't figure it out, perhaps after couple of years passed in heels. Probably all the things put together that many of you have mentioned here and in other topics suits me too.

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

I like wearing them for style and comfort around the house. Plus it lets me get in touch with the feminine side of me. To me they are just shoes to wear. Its just like wearing pantyhose all day long, a piece of clothing. Just stylish.

• 3 weeks later...

For me I just think say an ankle type of boot with a 3 inch heel just looks so much better than a flat heel on a man or women. I wear my ankle boots with 3 inch heels most days and I have only been asked once why I wore them, that was by a gentleman in a shop and he just said fine ok.

life is not a rehearsal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know how to describe the sensation.. I just love the look of a feminine shoe, I appreciate the styles, the format... I find them amusing, differently of man shoes, which I treat just as a normal thing... The sensation of wearing a women's shoe is also a great experience... they are so different than men's. The heels, the pointy toes, the peep toes, the boots, the slignbacks, etc... So many different styles. And looking at them from the first person point of view is also something awesome. It is just a taste of something I can never attain, which is being a complete woman. (Not that I really want to, I really like my manly daily life) But definitely a delicious taste.

I'm confused by the 'for comfort' part... wouldn't be flats be the most comfortable? Physically, anyway.

Not necessarily. As an example, I have naturally narrow feet and high arches. I never knew what comfort was until I stepped into a high heel. I'm sure there are others here with a similar situation.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I voted for both... it is indeed comfortable for narrower feet (mine are, too). Female shoes fit just like they are "hugging" the feet, not to mention the top quality ones, that have excellent materials such as soft leather which feels really good on The heels (if not extremely high) are also a good exercise for the leg muscles... try walking around in heels for a day, and you will feel the muscles getting tough just like you were exercising in a gym... for a lazy one like me, this is really good... But none of these compare to the look of a nyloned leg with heel pumps on... the feminine look and sensation are AMAZING... As I usually say, GIRLS HAVE IT ALL... curiously, the only good thing men have, are the GIRLS...

I wear them because they are soft and comfortable. I cannot wait to get home to put them on and the best ios my wife alows me to wear them at home and certain ones when we go out even better we wear the same size shoe so I got a. Choice of about 50 pairs. To little time to many shoes. Just a shame here in South Africa we cannot dare to wear high heels out in public. I did it once or twice but that is block boots with a 4" heel under very long jeans. You guys are so luck there on the other side of the blue dam.

I wear heels because I like the feeling of wearing high heels and I also enjoy the way they look. I suppose there is also an element of expressing my feminine side in heels, however I'm still a man wearing heels and have no interest in cross dressing beyond wearing tights with heels.

Anybody else listen as you are walking in your heels to that sexy sound that the heels make when they come in contact with a hard surface. When I hear that sound any other time I am waiting for that that confident and commanding personality to walk into view. I think that is a reason why I like wearing heels.