Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

I wear heels for many reasons, here are just a few: 1) I love the look of them ( stiletto heels without platforms ) 2) I simply love the way my feet feel when I wear them ( higher the better ) 3) I love how great they make my legs look 4) It brings out my feminine side 5) They are fun to wear:happy:

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

I liked your 4th reason you wear them Xtreme Heels. Guys that say they don't have a feminine side do. It's written into their very genes (chromazones).

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I voted for the feminine feeling. But like many others who already replied, there are more reasons for me. High heels look much more attractive than what is usually worn by men. They are sexy, and very often women look more attractive in heels as well. And there is my desire to try myself the shoes which attract me so much on ladies. It's not always the comfort. Walking in them can be tiring. But at least standing on heels gives me a good posture. It feels good anyway, and it's fun!

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

• 2 weeks later...

The feminine feeling is undeniably awesome. The added height is quite helpful since I'm only 5'5". Comfort isn't really an issue for me, as I can wear them for hours without my feet hurting, though I bet part of that is owed to the fact that I've only worn platforms. And I completely agree with hhthglvr, it is unfair.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

4) It brings out my feminine side

I also agree with this reason. I don't deny expressing my feminine side when I wear heels, in fact, I enjoy that aspect of our passion!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Question:

Do women express their masculine side when they wear pants and flat shoes ?

:smile:

Now there's a darn good question! Heh!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yeh, I voted "for feminine feeling" when I meant to vote for "both".

It is just something about the non-flat feeling. Most high heels are very stylish and are comfortable. They just feel sexy to wear!

I can because I'm a women's US 9 and very narrow to boot (someone on this site must have used that one before!). I actually find most women's shoes too wide. Image the torture of my alpine climbing career when I could not get a boot which would be narrow enough to stop my toes taking all the force (especially downhill). Anyway I go for high heels for, to be honest, a bit of turn on, but also a lot because I prefer to see my feet look (even) smaller and I love the huge choice of styles. I mean, just factoring the heel type into it adds a gazillion options. What more? Adding 10cm to my height gets the top of my head to just over 180cm and makes conversation with my Dutch friends easier :-). Another: the heels mean I watch where I am putting my feet, to the point that I stumble less than sometimes I might do in trainers. And finally, ach, I'm comfortable be a bit of a non-conformist.

What more? Adding 10cm to my height gets the top of my head to just over 180cm and makes conversation with my Dutch friends easier :-).

A 10cm heel doesn't add 10cm to your height unless you also have a 10cm platform. If you don't believe me, try measuring yourself and you'll find you're only just over 5cm taller with no platform.

I'm sure you can work out the maths: continental drift multiplied by the ambient temperature minus the trunk diameter of the second oak tree from the left and the square of the glacial erosion of the Mississippi during February. Sorry, couldn't resist that one. :smile:

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Hey Tacchi, I can't believe that it needs a 10cm platform to get me 10cm higher. That would imply that a higher heel has no effect at all! But then you rescue yourself. As an architect often on site I have plenty of triangulation to do in the day, so I like to switch off in the evening :-).

It's just simple: Your ankle joint is higher off the floor than your toe joints and quite a bit forward of the back of your heel. The only way a four-inch heel would raise you four inches without a four-inch platform would be if your ankle joint were a hinge right at the back of your heel. Just one of my personal hang-ups. You see so many times that people imagine a six-inch heel without platform will raise them six inches. It will actually raise them very little more than a four-inch heel. To those who doubt - measure it!

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

Sorry Tacchi, you're not making sense. I could wear flat shoes with four inch platforms (and heels) and I would be four inches taller. But if I have four inch platforms with four inch higher heels in addition I am going to be even taller. Not by four inches obviously; what I am trying to say that the platform height is a separate issue from the heel height. I think we're on the same line but getting stuck in interpretations!

• 4 weeks later...

When I slip into a nice pair of stockings and slide my feet into any pair of nice heels, a feeling of ecstasy overcomes me. Wearing other women's shoes such as flat sandals or sneakers, do nothing for me. There is something about the heels and the femininity of particular style that arouses me. Walking in them is something I enjoy immensely. My wife is jealous that I can walk in higher heels than she can. She can't understand how that is possible.

When I slip into a nice pair of stockings and slide my feet into any pair of nice heels, a feeling of ecstasy overcomes me. Wearing other women's shoes such as flat sandals or sneakers, do nothing for me. There is something about the heels and the femininity of particular style that arouses me. Walking in them is something I enjoy immensely.

My wife is jealous that I can walk in higher heels than she can. She can't understand how that is possible.

You said it exactly!

Transformation. As well as comfort and femininity. I feel transformed. Something happens. Physically , psychologically even spiritually. Sort of feeling authentic and genuine. The person I really am is revealed. And I'm complete. Healed. Words don't seem to convey the effect. But it's a powerful feeling for sure. Sorry for the incoherent chatter Oh yeah and as pointed out earlier... because I can. And because I can I will.

• Like 1

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik