Metal heels

teeza

My opinion of metal heels is that they are a bit too sexy for me to wear. A bit sort of strippery if you know what I mean. Whether or not they will make a noise depends on what the tip is made of.

• 2 weeks later...

Independent of the "slutty" factor, the issues with metal heels are twofold: 1) they make a lot of noise when walking on hard surfaces which brings a lot of attention that you may not want, and if you have hardwood floors in your home, they WILL damage the floors! 2) they are much harder on your feet than regular heels because there is no "give" in the heel when you walk. I can only last a fraction as long in 5" metal heels than I can in "regular" 5" heels

• 2 months later...

Independent of the "slutty" factor, the issues with metal heels are twofold:

1) they make a lot of noise when walking on hard surfaces which brings a lot of attention that you may not want, and if you have hardwood floors in your home, they WILL damage the floors!

2) they are much harder on your feet than regular heels because there is no "give" in the heel when you walk. I can only last a fraction as long in 5" metal heels than I can in "regular" 5" heels

Aha, Now you're talking about metal heel tips. I was thinking shiny metallic heels. Of course all you mention above is true. But here's another way of looking at them:

I like the noise they make when I walk on hard surfaces. My floors are ruined anyway. I prefer the ground or floor to take the beating rather than my shoes.

It's the heel and insole, the very structure of the shoe that needs to have "give".

You should avoid walking too far in 5" heels anyway. There are taxi's.

I have a pair of boots with metal tips from Leatherworks and they make a distinct high tapping sound on any hard surface indoors and outdoors. They are quite narrow stilettos which I can feel give, quite a frightening experience the first time I wore them outdoors on an uneven surface. I am still trying to wear them in enough to wear more often but they are not footwear you can wear if in a hurry or feeling tired!

metal heels or metal heels tips can last longer, i don't see why not. Most of my boots have the metal heels or metal heels tips, those older boots with plastic heels tips, i bring them to the shoesmith and get them replaced

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love metal heel tips - I always replace my plastic tips with them when they wear out. They last FAR longer, sound really cool, and are just, well, sexier! As for actual metal heels, I have one pair at five and a half inch. They are extremely sharp tipped and can do an awful lot of damage to things. I find them easy enough to walk in though, and again, they're sexy!

Hi I have a really cute pair of baby pink stiletto sandals with 5.5" steel heels with teeny little tips and I wear them all the time! :) Yes they can look a little daring sometimes and yes they are very slippery on a lot of surfaces but all that just adds to their appeal I think! :) Have been meaning to buy some more metal heels too, has anyone got any ideas of who stockings them? Joanna xx

• 3 years later...

I'm the exception here I guess. I love the look of metal heels. I have black patents with 5" gold metal heels and a pair of red with silver and white with silver. I do have to watch the surface upon which I'm walking though. They will do a lot of damage!