Hello from MI/IL/IN/OH

I live in Michigan currently. But in the Michiana area which is southern Michigan and Northern Indiana. Occasionally traveling to Chicago area. Likely moving to Dayton/Cincinnati area. I do PC desktop/network build/repair/consulting mostly. But hobby in PC gaming, Tabletop gaming, Military hardware. Worked in residential construction, security, event setup. I've gone to school for Computer science, Design Drafting (Table/Computer), Tool and Die, Machine shop, machine design, aeronaughtical design. I'm a natural with physical science...I just know the stuff. I've got over 20 pairs of shoes, all but 3 are over 3" heel. Having a size 7 womans foot makes finding shoes hard due to it being an over common size...flat-2.5" size 7 3"+ size 8. For those that didn't know when getting heels of 3"+ get them a size up round up to the nearest whole size. So a 6.5 womans would get a size 8, otherwise things like the toe box and strap lengths will be too small....not all manufactures are the same, some run small/narrow or large/wide. So before being any, try them on if you can't research as many reviews as you can. 2 Ballet heels (Devious and Punitive) From an engineering point of view the Devious IS too long of a heel for the toe/foot if the shoe size is under a size 10 woman's then again too short if over a size 14 woman's. Pleaser with their Devious have a set length for theirs at 8" measured correctly from the round of the heel though listed 7". Punitive on the other hand match the heel length to the shoe size, albeit ALOT (over 3 times that of Devious) bit pricey anyone looking at walking in them get the Punitive ones. I can work up a drawing of angle measuring for the Devious boots showing what can be done with out throwing out weight stress balance. I have 2 winter knee boots with a 3" wedge. A tennis shoe with a 3" wedge. Harley Davidson steel toed boots with a 3" heel. 3 sandal's 3"-5". An Espadrille 3". Several pumps with various designs open/closed toe, ankle strap w/wo 2"-5". A couple other shoes biking, running, beach and what not. Plan on picking up some gladiator styles and many others. High heels are just the most comfortable shoes...unless working around inclined surfaces, lots of grating, or soft dirt/sand (at least a wedge can beused with grating or dirt/sand but inclined if the heel really does need to be 3" or less. HEED these warnings for the ballet heels, if you are heavy enough and have not cut off enough length on the Devious's heel the heel might bend or break due to the weight stress being at the wrong angle...natural forces will push them selves to level off adjusting the heel to a sloped back angle. If you walk heavy enough own weight excluded but PSI pressure on the downward motion of stepping can actually bend the heel into the toe instead of out from the toe box even if you have already shortened the heel. These can be prevented by putting a cross support between the toe box and the heel.

Welcome to hhplace, JandraElune :w00t2: Your shoe collection sounds a lot like mine except I don't have any balette heels. Don't really care for them. Glad to make your acquaintance and hope to read more about your adventures while wearing high heels. ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to this board JandraElune :-)

I like your technical background and the fact you also like high heels.

Did you ever calculated the ground surface force exerted by a stiletto heel ?

Note:

I just noticed this is my 500th post on this forum !

I guess you are the lucky one JandraElune :-)

I hope you will enjoy your stay amoung us ;)