Gloves for a black tie event

lil_becs

i should really rephrase that title as im not sure if its black, white or just a formal event. Everyone at work has been invited to a girls wedding dinner, the wedding is for a high up boss that no one really knows, ive only met her once. Because only family and friends are going to the wedding and reception, she is having a party for all the employees under the works umbrella It is classed as very formal (they say, for a change) and peple are buying fancy hats and dresses, i havent actually bought a dress as i had one in mind but found out it was very expensive so am thinking about using a dress i already own, but to make it a bit more glam i was going to add long gloves. yay or nay

That glove page was hilarious, no offence but I have never or ever will look that deeply into the simple act of wearing gloves haha.

A good read though

I cannot find a picture of the dress I'll be wearing but this one is similar

http://www.additionsdirect.co.uk/rf/add/p.do/women/dresses/occasion/wrap-dress?Nao=0&groupId=497687127Ν=this_product&SNtk=&Np=1&SN=151+4294484651+85+4294485515&Ntt=497687127&D=497687127&Ntk=group_search&Dx=mode%2bmatchall&thisprod=497687127&N=151+4294484651+85+4294485515&Nty=1&Mis_item_id=15&Mis_item_loc_id=1&product=497687127&pageSize=96

only mine has no belt, is in black and has a cowl neck, i dont think it is as 'a' line as this one either

And the gloves I haven't bought yet

Long gloves would look great with that dress! For some real, over the top class, look around for a leather pair. I've seen (and bought) some real bargins on e-bay.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Yes lil becs long glove would go so very very well to a dress like yours. I would go for long satin gloves too. Black yes, I´ll agree with you perhaps not over your elbow. What I can see from the pictures and the way you describe it, your dress looks fantastic. Gloves is a must. Perhaps a nice little jacket too. Have consider wearing a hat too. A wide brimmed hat looks very classy, matching your dress, the gloves too. I can very well recomended you wearing long gloves and a wide brimmed hat too. I had added both the long gloves and a wide brimmed hat to my outfit for a wedding Michael (my fiance) and me was invitated too. All my outfit was in purple, my dress, my jacket, my hat, my gloves, my 5" pumps and my little sating hand bag as well. Go for the gloves and don´t forget the hat.

Sorry about the update being so boring but the night was terrible. Online one person from work went that I knew and the everone was outcasted at the reception. All the tables were miles away from the bride and grooms tables and the music part of it was so quiet and (to be blunt) shit I wore the gloves and me and Sam looked great but a real dissapointement. I will probably be in the background of the brides photos looking glum haha