Walk a mile in her shoes

Bootking

Today I walked in the "Walk a mile in her shoes" walk in Danbury, CT which is an awareness walk for abused women. The participants were mostly college kids, particularly from one fraternity and the walk was entirely on the grounds of the college campus. They had shoes for loan, mostly pumps (donated by Payless - very nice of them) black, peach etc. but I had my own so I didn't use theirs. There were lots of cameras and eventually, one of the press.

This was the first time that they had sponsored the walk and as it actually was not a benefit, I made a donation and bought a raffle to help out the sponsor, a women's safety organization.

I wore my black leather Nine West Bhavino boots, 4" heels, under my skinny Levi's 511 jeans. One of the college girls asked me, "Are they boots?" When I replied yes, she said, "Nice!!!!" I have no doubt that she would have taken them from me if they were not on my feet!

What was really nice was heeling for a good cause. I would really recommend that they guys take a look at the site, http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/index.html as it is worthwhile.

post-9697-133522882116_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522882125_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522882166_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

In the walk I was walking with a professor (most were college kids) and he remarked, "Wow those are pointy!" He was wearing Payless rounded black patent pumps and I was wearing the Nine West boots. I told him that the boots gave better support than the pumps. In reality, the pointiness of the high heels are not a problem, it is the slipping due to the heel height but these boots have a good fit for me.

The walking was actually a little difficult because all of the paths had pavers instead of concrete or blacktop; then at one point we went back inside through the school itself and the floors were quite polished but no problems.

It's all about the heel!

Today I walked in the "Walk a mile in her shoes" walk in Danbury, CT which is an awareness walk for abused women.

What was really nice was heeling for a good cause. I would really recommend that they guys take a look at the site, http://www.walkamileinhershoes.org/index.html as it is worthwhile.

I did, thank you! I found there will be a number of events along a route between my home and my son's!

Looks to me like my April is all planned out! And given the nature of the event, I'm quite sure I'll enjoy having breakfast in heels, wearing them around town, shopping, lunch...

Oh, and of course, for the event in question. ;-)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 7 months later...

Dang! I missed it. There was one close by on 10/28. =( I saw this on the news a while back, and thought, Wow! that's really cool. Definitely for a great cause, and also for people like me who are still in the closet about wearing in public, it's a great start. Thanks for the post! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next event.

Howdy, Way to go, man. A great way to go heeling and support a cause while you are at it. Nice boots too. I would have been nervous that I would damage the heel in the cracks between the pavers. I messed up my heels a little bit on a side walk crack last weekend. They were cheap (unlike Nine West) and I have a back up pair that will be delivered shortly. Have fun, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!