Peep toes?

softer side

Peep toes with hosiery?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Peep toes with hosiery?

• NO - naked toes only!
    • YES - sandlefoot, no seams!
    • EITHER - let the outfit decide!

Personaly I think peep or open toes are more for the ladies. FYI so do all the women I know that support me wearing heels.Leave the bows, and peeps for the ladies. But if u like em and think they look good. Go for it!

real men wear heels

I have a few pairs of peep toes an like them because they are very girlie. I think they should either be worn with a different coloured hose say pink shoes black hose or with no hose with the appropriate colour nail varnish on the toes. I don't think I would wear them out as they would be obviously noticable and probably attract too much potential negative attention but who knows when I do get round to wearing heels in public I may do it for the effect once I gain the confidence.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Personaly I think peep or open toes are more for the ladies. FYI so do all the women I know that support me wearing heels.Leave the bows, and peeps for the ladies. But if u like em and think they look good. Go for it!

Agreed.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Shoes with small peep toes just don't do it for me and I'm not keen on them for my lady either. If the shoe shows three toes or more, then great. But anything less looks like the shoe has has the point of the toe chopped off. I think think this style is mainly from the 1940s? On the other hand, I have quite a few stiletto strappy sandals which I love and they show all toes. I also have open toe court shoes and slingbacks with totally cut away sides which for me are an absolute "wow!!" I think this is because they show so much of the foot, which for me can be as sexy as any part of the human anatomy

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I agree with Johnie. Even though many of us here are pushing the boundaries of what society considers feminine in what we wear on our feet in public, there are some shoe styles that just look far more appealing on a woman, no matter how you slice it. This style of shoe is included.

I personly like the peep toe for men or women. It is sexy as you can see with my pic. showing toes is hot. But be carful some peep toe can be hard on the old big toe, untill it broken in. Have a good day. :-)

I like the shoes in your pic :)

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

No matter what my personal views regarding peep toes are, stereotyping them has the same affect as assigning any footwear to a particular group. Ones footwear should be their choice, especially once they reach the age of accountability. If a man or woman wants to wear oxfords, then by all means let them. I would prefer that everyone would wear stiletto heels as high as they can comfortably walk in, but no one else has to live in my world, nor should they be forced to. Likewise, neither should I be forced to abide in anyone elses.

What's so special about peeps that make them exclusively for women? If I make an effort to have well groomed feet - why can't I show some toes? If I'm going to dibble dabble with what is typically womens fashion from the waist down then I'm going to do it well, and for me that means peep toe heels are ok. I used to think 'wear heels - why not wear a skirt?'. Then there was 'everyone knows you're in heels, why not wear stilettos?'. Over time the heels got simultaneously skinnier and higher, and I'll wear any style heel provided it looks right with the rest of my outfit. Really, what is the discernable difference from across the room of a stiletto pump vs a stiletto peep toe pump... from a silhouete perspective the overall outline and look is the same, its just the detail/ variation that isn't - and this is only obvious from a closer look. The detail is whats missing from the typical male wardrobe... Anyhow - I'd much rather leave the strappy stiletto sandals for the gals... they're horrible things to put up with on you feet after a few hours...I'll keep all the rest for me.... Cheers Heel-Lover

What's so special about peeps that make them exclusively for women? If I make an effort to have well groomed feet - why can't I show some toes? ...

Well, if those are your feet in your avatar Heel-Lover, I guess I would be showing them off too :lmao: I just think peep-toes and a few other styles like them are further along on the feminine spectrum than I really like for my own tastes, but if they look good on you (and in fact, they do), what the hell, go for it. :)

Its just the nature of a thread like this asking for people's opinions, not everyone will agree of course.

I chose either. I have a fair collection of peep-toes (to the point I don't think I need another pair of peep-/open-toes), and all of them seem to have different occasions to wear them. For one, I have a pair from Bakers that are quite stylish, mainly set for a night out or a casual party. Then I have a pair that are half-boot, half-peep-toe, tan, and just seem ready for a good day, so they're definitely everyday-type heels to show off (stuffing the pant legs into them). The rest are open-toes, and I don't know if they're even the slightest related to peep-toes, but.... they're ready for a fetish party in the future :)

As to if hosiery should be worn with them, yeah, depends on the outfit. And the hosiery must be opposite from what you're wearing (i.e. dark-toned heels with very/light tan hosiery). Otherwise, it could/may not work with the same color. Unless, of course, they make quite the combo with a look (i.e. black shoes, gray socks/hosiery).

Now, I don't know what was wrong with this look I posted some months ago, but it caused quite an uproar, haha. Didn't mean to. I just thought it fit, but I guess not the right shoe to fit with. These are the tans I was talking about.

Formally "HHDude"

I enjoy looking at open toe and straps provided the toes compliment the shoes and own a few pairs of each but only for myself. I've been in town a few times in over 3in heels but only closed toe. for what its worth. With or without hose or socks again depending upon toe appearance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also really enjoy peep-toe shoes. Wearing them obviously requires confidence in the look of one's feet since that is where attention will be focused. If one takes the time to get a pedicure where the entire foot is cleaned and massaged then add some nice color to your toes then the peep-toe shoe is the perfect venue to showcase your efforts. I like seeing painted toes shining in the sunlight and appreciate the effort anyone puts into making their feet look nice irrespective of actual gender. Wearing heels is just an extension of that. HappyinHeels:wavey: