Peep toes?

softer side

Peep toes with hosiery?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Peep toes with hosiery?

• NO - naked toes only!
    • YES - sandlefoot, no seams!
    • EITHER - let the outfit decide!

My wife and I stumbled across a sexy pair of lace-ups with a 4" heel and a peep toe. (similer to an ankle boot style) She suggested they shouldn't be worn with hosiery - thinking what's the point in having a peep toe with with hose. She didn't buy them because they didn't have a good feel but it raises the question... Peep toes with hose or no?

Moved thread to "For Everybody". If you are a guy, do not post in "For the Girls". If you are a guy, you can look but do not touch in "For the Girls". Do not start threads, do not respond to threads and do not vote in polls in "For the Girls" if you are a guy. Can I make this more clear?

Have a happy time!

i prefer the look of hose with almost ALL female shoes.

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

I always thought that hose with open toes are generally regarded as a fashion no-no, but I've recently seen catalogues with models wearing sandals with tights. Personally I like it, but then I do have a bit of a thing for women's feet in nylons! ;-)

More hose is worn with heels then with out. In colder weather it is even more commen. Though some recent fashion trends have made it workable to be with out hose even in cold weather. Though that would be more on the wearers tolerence for cold. I can tell you in snow, with out hose the snow sticks to the skin and is VERY cold to unberable plus it is melting on contact. But with hose, the snow doesn't melt on contact resulting in no cold feeling and can then be easily brushed off before going inside.

I wear mostly hose to my high heels. The only time I´m not wearing hose is during the summer months June, July and August, the wheter is nice and warm and I get the chance to get a nice sun tan to my legs. The rest of the year its pantyhose or nylons for me.

From what I've read, while most fashion sites would go with no hoes, most agree that, with peep toes, a pair of nylons is not a problem. So really, you can go either way. However, it would seem that it must truly be a "peep" toe, with a small opening, to qualify. It is mots interesting that, when I was younger, women wore hose with all shoes, even sandals. Just look back to the days of disco, and you will see that everyone wore high heel sandals and stockings. Then a number of years ago, someone decided that no stockings was the new deal, and now everyone acts like it was NEVER ok to wear nylons with sandals or open toe shoes. I'd like to know who made that decision, and who gave them the right to state that is was NEVER proper to wear hose with sandals when, through history, it most certainly was proper. I admit that I have gotten to the point where if I see a woman in sandals wearing nylons that it looks a bit odd. But I still believe that the shape of the foot with stockings looks much nicer than without. Many women have toes that splay out in odd directions when wearing heels without hose, and that doesn't look nice either. I think that, especially for a guy, unless your legs and feet are shaven, hose is probably a better choice with the peep toe pumps.

I say yes, but that's just for me. As a child I *hated* wearing any shoes without socks, and I still do. I'm that evil person that always wore socks with sandals. I just can't make myself *not* do it. :c

• 3 weeks later...

depends on the outfit, depends on how open the peep-toe is, and also how strappy the shoe is. i'm a huge hose fan. esp if there is no reinforced part (sandal foot hose). most shoes, you can do with hose, but a few rare ones are to be bare all the way. as a friend of mines does, she wears the toeless hose with her sandals to get the best of both worlds (should the sandal have enough coverage to hide the transition part) sadly, most gals think that hose are evil. one gal told me that after Michelle Obama spoke on THe View, she threw away all her hose and said that deliverance came! and now even in pumps, she refuses to wear hose at all.. kinda looks bad in my book, but she's now super happy! RPM

I will wear nylons with peep toes, but only very sheer nylons and only if the opening in the toe is small. In fact, I wore nylons recently with peep toe D'Orsays and thought it looked quite nice.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 1 year later...

Stockings with peep-toes in the winter. No stockings in the summer.

Perfectly put Bubba!

I would also say that only wear peep toes if your toes are done as well. I don't like the look of peep toes shoes with "naked" nails.

Style is built from the ground up!

Seems like there are quite a few threads on peep toes stilletos already. Interesting how they're popping up and I'm wearing one right now, lol. Coincidence, huh? As for me, I don't wear nylons with my peep toe shoes. I personally think it takes away the beauty of the feet. It's kind of like wearing pantyhose and sandals. That is fashion kill. I don't usually wear pantyhose, but when I do, I'll wear them with my boots or sometimes with my 5" stilletos. Wearing them in 6" is hard because my feet will keep slipping. Not that 5" is any easier, lol. So I go bare most of the time.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I voted 'EITHER' but not from a fashion standpoint. Some people just shouldn't be out bare legged. Plain and simple. Myself, I'm gonna wear something that will hide/reduce the scars and marks of work related abuse I've encountered over the years. The marks are not gonna go away - period. I'm likely to wear a darker color thigh highs, possibly fishnet, or something with a pattern to it. It's gotta diffuse or distract from what's underneath. Now - that being said, I did spot a young lady wearing a summer high cork wedge slingbacks and a short skirt this summer. As she walked by I noticed a kinda limp to her walk. As she walked away, I noticed a definite scare from some kind of surgical procedure below the knee and 3/4 down the back of her leg. Later, I spotted her again and asked her what happened. Seems she was in a car accident, and had multiple fracters in her leg. She now has pins etc. She said she didn't care what people saw, but that she walked better in heels than flats, and she was going to wear whatever she wanted.

No hosiery with peep toes unless...

its a sandal-toe stocking (or similar style)

cheers

Heel-Lover

I'm with you - if you do wear hose with peep toes then there cant be any seams showing.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

• 4 weeks later...

Like I said back in June: Stockings with peep-toes in the winter. No stockings in the summer. (Its difficult to reconcile not wearing stockings with peeptoe shoes in the winter especially when the ground is covered with slush, ice and snow -- even then, wearing them with stockings doesn't seem like a good choice.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

When I see peep toes they remind me of tiny shovels that can pick up small items and of other places for insects to have convenient access. Therefore, it has been a battle for me to even consider wearing peep toes with or without nylons no matter how attractive they can be. Then fashion applied peeptoes to boots. At first, it was appalling and right down disgusting. For me, that hasn't necessarily changed, but I can now see many of the reasons and some logic for perpetrating such an idea. Then again, who am I, a stiletto heel wearer, to say what should be?

• 2 weeks later...

Histiletto, Not a peeptoe guy at all here, yet got a pair of Dolce Vita peeptoe boots because they are lace-up all the way from the toe. The built-in adjustability was the only way I could wear Dolce Vita shoes.They run narrow for me; sadly had to return several other styles the were really nice. Peeptoe boots strike me as "crutchy"; unnecessary emblelishment to hold up a not-so-great design. UpBy5

I love wearing peep toe hels - either shoes or boots. I voted no - I never wear hose with peep toes. Must have a good pedicure to shoe off the toes. Just my opinion. I have many pairs of pep toe shoes and just started buying peep toe boots. Bernheels