WHM 2010: Bristol- Note Date Change

Dr. Shoe

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to say thanks to Dr. Shoe/Tara for taking on organising the event. It means a great deal to the members that attend these meetings. The chance to meet other folk with the same interest is easy if you are into vintage radios, steam trains or vintage buses, but a meeting for heel lovers and admirers is a rare (even though we have had quite a few of them) opportunity. Thanks again, I have not been to the venue, but trust your judgement, pencil me in for a fleeting visit as I doubt I would be able to make the whole event.

The angels have the phonebox.

looks like a good date for me (non school holiday) so its a possible no jetting off or back at stupid hours. When do you want confirmed numbers???? Al

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

...but would hate the thought of appearing in a local newspaper so that the sponsors could get their publicity.

I doubt whether anyone would baulk at paying £5 for a good meal. That is the sort of price we're looking at.

What you so instantly dismissed as an idea, without further debate, was to be an offer of sponsorship that could have involved the following:

Estresmodes and Omano to finance the food; (upto £5 per person).

Provide complimentary drinks and show a full range of samples for members to view and try on.

Local newspaper appearances were never part of what we considered appropriate.

• 1 month later...

What you so instantly dismissed as an idea, without further debate, was to be an offer of sponsorship that could have involved the following:

Estresmodes and Omano to finance the food; (upto £5 per person).

Provide complimentary drinks and show a full range of samples for members to view and try on.

Local newspaper appearances were never part of what we considered appropriate.

Sounds good to me.

I'll leave it in your capable hands then, thanks for volunteering. Just keep me posted.

I heard about Bristol, that there are many TS and TG. It'd be a pleasure to meet some of them. Does anybody has contact about it?

Thanks

The owner of the property is a full time TV and I will be there too. There will possibly be more there too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The owner of the property is a full time TV and I will be there too. There will possibly be more there too.

Is this going to be a heel meet or is it going to be a heel/tv meet? Are the other people attending members here? not that you have to be a member here of course.

The mixing in of the whole TV element was ALWAYS a pet peeve of mine during my days organizing the WHM's. The strength of this forum lies in the narrowness of it's online niche: men who like to wear high heels--yet appear as men. Mixing the broader TV community with the narrowness of the hhplace community always made me think that the WHM's lost their real world niche: a safe place for men to appear as men and wear high heels. The WHM's wound up never really standing for something unique: men in heels and as such, never really stood for a special unique category in my mind. This is one major reason why I stopped promoting them all together. Naturally, whoever organizes future events has every right to promote the meets however they see fit, this is just my opinion as derived from 4 years of seasoned experience.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Is this going to be a heel meet or is it going to be a heel/tv meet? Are the other people attending members here? not that you have to be a member here of course.

No, not as such.

There is a TG meeting at the same venue after we finish but WHM delegates are welcome to stay on and meet them if they so wish. However, the owner of the venue is a TG and of course, as usual, I will be there too.

The mixing in of the whole TV element was ALWAYS a pet peeve of mine during my days organizing the WHM's.

The strength of this forum lies in the narrowness of it's online niche: men who like to wear high heels--yet appear as men. Mixing the broader TV community with the narrowness of the hhplace community always made me think that the WHM's lost their real world niche: a safe place for men to appear as men and wear high heels. The WHM's wound up never really standing for something unique: men in heels and as such, never really stood for a special unique category in my mind. This is one major reason why I stopped promoting them all together.

Naturally, whoever organizes future events has every right to promote the meets however they see fit, this is just my opinion as derived from 4 years of seasoned experience.

The big problem is that there are not enough heelmen to go round at the moment. We are too scattered across the globe to make a serious impact at a heelmeet.

I know we have some diehards who make a special effort to come along, many who come great distances. I know that it is the dream of many (myself included) that heels become an acceptable part of male fashion but when that happens then the heelmeet will be dead. This is because when men are wearing heels as a matter of course then there will be no need for heelmeets and when you consider how many members we have here (with more joining every day) this day will come sooner rather than later.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The big problem is that there are not enough heelmen to go round at the moment. We are too scattered across the globe to make a serious impact at a heelmeet.

It has always happened in the past and I think it would have been fine again this year. Heel meets small or big are always a success, it should never be down to numbers attending, bring another group of people along from other forums with different ideas to bulk up numbers was never what it was all about.

We dont need to make a serious impact, we just all need to have a good time doing what we do.

I'd say the very fact that there is a TG metup right after is farrr to convenient, and seriously off-putting for many who might be sitting on the fence. This is very much sounding more and more like a TV/TG meetup, and guys in heels are welcome to join in.. Surely, with a TG meetup right after, they will all just turn up anyway and it will just be one big heel meet / TV-TG meet.... Sorry buddy, but for what its worth, really really bad idea.... :blinkbigeyes:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I can't do a lot about it and it wasn't my idea. The owner of the venue had actually forgotten about the Heelmeet when she booked the TG party which is actually a fairly regular event. (Bi monthly) For what it's worth, the Heelmeet has not been promoted anywhere else other than here and if I ask Davina to keep mum about the daytime meet then the first of the girls won't start arriving until about 5.30 and they will be turning up in boy mode anyway as they come early to change.

• 1 month later...