WHM 2010: Bristol- Note Date Change

Dr. Shoe

The date is: Saturday, 19th June 2010.

Bristol 2010 is now in the advanced planning stage.

The venue is actually in the middle of Bristol Marina and can hold about 40-50 attendees. It is a glorious venue looking straight down the slipway where I went for my famous midnight swim in thighboots! It is right in the heart of the city with a major tourist destination right smack next door (the SS Great Britain).

I have chosen Bristol for a number of reasons:

1. I knew that I could get a fantastic venue.

2. It is a great city with plenty to see and do and boasts some of the finest restaurants outside of London.

3. It is close enough to London so that overseas attendees can either stay in London and travel down for the day, or stay in Bristol and travel up to London for the day.

4. Hotels are way cheaper than London

5. It has some fantastic shopping.

6. None of the locals give a hoot about guys in heels (In fact it is the unofficial Tranny capital of the UK)

7. You can fly direct to Bristol from the US and the airport is only 10 minutes from the town centre and the venue.

http://visitbristol.co.uk/

Please post any ideas or suggestions that could make Bristol 2010 a WHM to remember!

FRIDAY 18th JUNE EVENING MEAL FROM 7pm, RIVER CITY(see above schedule):

Dr. Shoe

Heelfan

Nigel

Firefox

Si

Loves Hi Heels

f private

Davina

mshighheel?

mikeheel?

SATURDAY 19th HEELMEET FROM 10.30am, BRISTOL MARINA (see above schedule).

It's also looking as if Davina might invite us on an optionalriver boat trip in the afternoon:

Dr. Shoe

Heelfan

Firefox

Si

Loves Hi Heels

f private

Davina

mshighheel

mikeheel

Cuban Nicky

mshighhells

djboot333

Alsheels

and Chris

maniboots

Heels For Men

geiger girl

and Andi

mikeheel

Sectreto?

Leigh?

Simcity3?

julieb1?

Silvikrin?

Please post on this thread any additions/deletions, as we need fairly accurate attendance numbers for the Friday restaurant and Saturday buffet.

Last minuters welcome (heels encouraged but not compulsory!),

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please do not schedule right before, during, or after London Fashion Week.

Airwolf

Bristol 2010 is now in the advanced planning stage. However the date is to be announced on the grounds that we want to co-ordinate with the local fetish club for a post meet evening out!

The venue is actually in the middle of Bristol Marina and can hold about 40-50 attendees. It is a glorious venue looking straight down the slipway where I went for my famous midnight swim in thighboots! It is right in the heart of the city with a major tourist destination right smack next door (the SS Great Britain).

I have chosen Bristol for a number of reasons:

1. I knew that I could get a fantastic venue.

2. It is a great city with plenty to see and do and boasts some of the finest restaurants outside of London.

3. It is close enough to London so that overseas attendees can either stay in London and travel down for the day, or stay in Bristol and travel up to London for the day.

4. Hotels are way cheaper than London

5. It has some fantastic shopping.

6. None of the locals give a hoot about guys in heels (In fact it is the unofficial Tranny capital of the UK)

7. You can fly direct to Bristol from the US and the airport is only 10 minutes from the town centre and the venue.

http://visitbristol.co.uk/

Please post any ideas or suggestions that could make Bristol 2010 a WHM to remember!

If not tied down by London Fashion Week, then I suggest somewhat later in the spring for better weather and temperatures. But not into the actual summer tourist season when flights etc. are more expensive. I suggest March/April/May time. Does that sound good? Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Any time between February and Easter would be a suggestion, that way we would not end up being more of the attraction than next next door, rooms would be pre tourist prices and there would be less traffic.... or after when it eases off again. oh hell, just hopefully when I'm not dragged away on another holiday elsewhere. Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If it is the end of April, we can make it. We have family not far from Bristol in Cheltenham and it would be really cool if timing is around the same time as the Badminton 3 Day Event....definitely will be a go for us if thats the case! We are looking forward to making it this year after missing the 2009 Meet at the last minute. Cathy & David

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

• 2 weeks later...

The cost for the actual event itself will be negligable as the venue is free. We only have to find the cost of the food etc...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

...but would hate the thought of appearing in a local newspaper so that the sponsors could get their publicity. I doubt whether anyone would baulk at paying £5 for a good meal. That is the sort of price we're looking at.

• 1 month later...

The date is now set: Saturday, 19th June 2010. Venue: Bristol Marina, Hanover Place, Bristol, BS1 8UH, Avon, UK It is a fabulous venue and considering that it is actually a private home it is perfect for parties of all descriptions. There is a large lounge area and a large balcony overlooking the Marina itself. The lounge includes a pole for people to practic their pole dancing! lol Catering will be either a buffet or a barbecue depending on weather. There will be a small charge for food which should not exceed £5 per person. Soft drinks will be provided and you may bring your own alcohol. There is plenty of free parking on site. Disabled access is available by prior arrangement.

http://www.premierapartmentsbristol.com/ every time i go to Bristol I've used these guys - there good value and in an excellent location for the centre. They're a shade tired but being an apartment mekes them really good.

Looking at their site, they cost £65 + parking per night (which is £:).

I should add the reason I've always liked them is becuase they're good for me, a shyer guy. They don't have a bar / restraunt so i expect thinking aout it may not be what everyone wants this time!

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-5622-novotel-bristol-centre/index.shtml is not far from here and agian relatively cheap (about £70) and fairly central this place does have a bar / breakfast.

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.