McCarthy's Website gives guys in heels the thumbs up

loveheel

I got this from the Jennie McCarthy web site where she advertise for Candies Shoes:

And guys, as much as you would probably like to wear Jenny's shoes, society might laugh at you if you did. However, you could still go out and buy a pair as a gift for your sister, mother, or girlfriend. And if you don't care what society thinks, get yourself a pair too and wear them with pride!!!

http://www.jenny-mccarthy.com/candies.html

Just go to the web site and scroll down to find this

Just too bad Candies doesn't have shoes larger than a size 10.

(Message title edited. Reminder- please make the titles descriptive - "Read this" is not descriptive :wink: FF )

Yeah... ok last time I knew they only went up to a size 10. I need a 13!! :wink:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Well, I followed up on Ms McCarthy's advise today and went shopping at a local outlet mall (Wrentham Premium Village for those New Englanders among you). I did the usual thing going from store to store checking out what they had, mostly to be disappointed by their lack of sizes for me. Just before I was going to leave I walked into the Candies outlet store, even though I knew they don't carry size 11 (my usual size). But what the heck, always fun to look at great shoes. After a few minutes in the store a young sales lady comes and ask if I need "assistance". I told her I looked for a size 11, but couldn't find any. She goes: "Oh, but why don't you try the size 10, they are often large enough". Of course, i could not pass that up. For the next hour I had more fun than I had in long time. Turns out this girl was a real shoe freak and took me all around the store trying stuff on. I don't think she cared for a moment that I was guy. When I tried on clogs or sandals she would even bring me the socky things they usually have in stores. It was great. She seemed even more excited about shoes than I was (difficult !). Every time another customer came in, she waived at the other sales girl to take care of them. So i had a personal shopping assistant. This was great fun. Of course, I bought two pairs, one of which I proudly walked out of the store with.

I will surely go back there.

Here is a link to the boots (in black)

http://www.candies.com/popup_image.html?destiny_L.jpg

and the clogs

http://www.candies.com/popup_image.html?canyon_Tabacco_L.gif

WOW, You need to walk...no, run back in there and marry(!) that young lady before she gets away!! That is unless you're already attached. I hope you thanked her profusely?

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

WOW, You need to walk...no, run back in there and marry(!) that young lady before she gets away!! That is unless you're already attached. I hope you thanked her profusely?

Hi Azraelle. Yes I am married, and happily so. I even told my wife about my shopping trip. She takes it all in stride. Unfortunately, she doesn't share my passion for shoes, but we have enough other things in common ...

Yes, I did thank the lady profusely. Several times actually. Probably to the point where the guy in line behind me (returning shoes it seemed; maybe another lurker ?) was getting impatient. See, what happens when I go back in a couple of months. Actually, I don't know if I can wait that long.

One thing I noticed is that when I walked out I walked much more confidently. Even though my heels were clearly showing, nobody seemed to notice. Just before (I was wearing other shoes) I felt that everyone was staring at me. It all seems to be in the confidence you display.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you are absolutely right Emery. People are so impressionable. if you walk confidently, even in fully exposed 3 inch heels, you are sending the message that this is "normal". It is when I get less confident (and do stupid stuff like turn around when I see people come that might laugh at my shoes), that people definitely look. It is the same when trying on shoes in a store. When you start walking around with boxes in a store and hode in some corner to try on the shoes that your behavior arouses much more attention than when trying on the shoes in plain sight.