"Bound to happen..."

Stilettoscot

Well, a little over a month ago I decided to put a video of myself walking on ultras on You-Tube, and even left the part on that shows my face. Since then, I have posted 2 more vids of the same. Knowing, from the start, that it's on the web for all to see, I also knew that the very few people I used to fear would find out would. Many (most) of my friends, co-workers, family (etc) know, and that's fine. Many other people from my other "circle" (angling) know also. No biggie. Well, a couple people whom I had once feared would find out have, indeed, discovered those vids. These are the type of people that would use anything about someone to try and cast something negative with those they do not like...or are jealous of...or have had problems with...etc. Hearing, now, that everyone is finding out from these 2 people, I find it strangley liberating. After a week or more of many, many questions (and of course finding out who told them) from all kinds of people, it's become more of a lesson in life. More of a "this is who I am, and this is why I love shoes so much...", usually comparing the shoes to someone who derives extreme excitement from sitting behind the wheel of a super-charged sports car just before a drive. Most get it, some don't. None (to me face or directly to me) have gone the negative route. The pair in question feel they have something to use against me. The only problem is I genuinely do not care, and it shows. Oh well, it was, indeed, "Bound to happen...". I'm still alive and the sky hasn't fallen. I also feel strangely liberated...;-)

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Just for giggles, turn it around on them. Tell those that came to you "Wow, they must have had to do some really in-depth searching to find that video. I wonder why they were searching for 'men in heels'?" The power of suggestion will certainly get them thinking!

Fantastic survival message in this Stilettoscot. Sounds like you have handled it well and ready to take on the world. I bow my head to thee Al

Perhaps only one of your acquaintances found your You Tube postings and spread the word to other acquaintances? To find out the actual route that the information took, you'll have to trace it back to the "first one," which might cost more time than you are willing to devote. But then again, as you say, what's the difference. You knew what you were letting yourself in for when you posted the pictures, and are obviously comfortable with the results. Good for you. Congratulations, "it's not a secret anymore," :w00t2:;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks Stilettoscot for sharing. As you have pointed out, if we are going to be active heelers, we should be responsible and prepare ourselves and those who matter to us about the possibility of our becoming exposed heelers.

It's like so many of our members have posted before: The more you wear heels out in public, the less concerned you are about someone you know seeing you wearing them. And, the less aware you are to anyone reacting to seeing you wearing them. And, that is the truth!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

JMO the world/society evolves and changes as time goes one people will become more tolerant of what can be looked at as ''different'' there is a very good lesson to be learned from this story, and its a great story, and thanx for sharing!! it took a lot of courage to post the video clips knowing that sooner or later they would be noticed!! am not there yet!! we planing on doing some public heeling in future, and its true the sooner it comes out the sooner the stress of it being discovered and being an issue disappear just this morning we saw some shoes that will be discreet the other way that I see things, friends that have an issue with heels, are not true friends if they are prepared to judge on just shoes, that is after all what they are, just SHOES, even if they are different from what the main stream man wears!! ;-):thumbsup:

Thanks all!;-) Update, Well, not only was it forwarded to nearly everyone who knows anyone in my "angling" community, it was also posted on another forum I used to belong to under the title "Anyone guess what Big Carphuna (my screen and nick name) has been up to since he left NEF??"! A couple of them (old friends from the other forum who let me know) have commented on the vids themselves (One calls me "Carpy"), which is how I knew it was up on the other forum. Of course, I was sent all the replies to it on this forum, most were joking variety (loose forum and lots of clowns on it, but mostly good people) , I was given the option from a friend to have the Admin take the thread down with the links. I declined. Instead left a "mission statement" which basically said that this wasn't a joke (most thought it a ploy on my part to be funny...), I really do have a fetish and love for heels. I compared what I thought was "weird" with a couple of the other members to this, saying that while they may think this weird, I find it normal, and also find their interests weird. I also basically told them, a couple times, that if you look around, everyone's weird in some way. Also, you only live life once (a lesson which has helped me accept this aspect of me)! Apart from a few inside jokes here and there, the response has been fairly accepting over the last 24 hours. I know a few who love knowing this info about me, but most realise it's just shoes. Even knowing how fast things can travel around the internet, I was shocked at how many people now know over just several days. The sky is still hanging up above, and I'm going fishing with my dad today. Things are A-OK. Thanks for the help in reaching this point, Scott C Osmond

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

Congratulations Scott. I find your story and experience very inspiring. I have been with the forum for quite a while but I haven't posted in a long time. I have been really struggling with my heeling quite a bit lately and am in need of as much help as possible. Even though my wife fully supports me and encourages me, I am just too nervous about the consequences, so if anything I have tended to stick to in the house. Sharing your recent story is definately a boost for me and I'm sure everyone else. Thanks, Jim

Looking at that video I wouldn't have recognized myself in such poor lighting! Makes me wonder how others could have found you!

I still havnt found em.. Whats the acct name ;-)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Wow, amazing pair of shoes you have there ;-) I've got two seperate youtube accts. One for a few test vids I spit out related to my interest in firearms, the other for heel related vids. The odd part is I used the screen name I use everywhere else for my kink life (rockpup) for the firearms vids, and balletbootguy for the heel/kink vids. Ought to just put em all in one acct. Only msg board people I've met maybe once would know.. so no real danger.

(formerly known as "JimC")

Well, a little over a month ago I decided to put a video of myself walking on ultras on You-Tube, and even left the part on that shows my face.

Since then, I have posted 2 more vids of the same.

Knowing, from the start, that it's on the web for all to see, I also knew that the very few people I used to fear would find out would. Many (most) of my friends, co-workers, family (etc) know, and that's fine. Many other people from my other "circle" (angling) know also. No biggie.

Well, a couple people whom I had once feared would find out have, indeed, discovered those vids. These are the type of people that would use anything about someone to try and cast something negative with those they do not like...or are jealous of...or have had problems with...etc.

Hearing, now, that everyone is finding out from these 2 people, I find it strangley liberating. After a week or more of many, many questions (and of course finding out who told them) from all kinds of people, it's become more of a lesson in life. More of a "this is who I am, and this is why I love shoes so much...", usually comparing the shoes to someone who derives extreme excitement from sitting behind the wheel of a super-charged sports car just before a drive.

Most get it, some don't. None (to me face or directly to me) have gone the negative route. The pair in question feel they have something to use against me. The only problem is I genuinely do not care, and it shows.

Oh well, it was, indeed, "Bound to happen...".

I'm still alive and the sky hasn't fallen. I also feel strangely liberated...;-)

You definitely seemed to have handled this situation very well.

This reminds me of the thread http://www.hhplace.org/guys/10364-fears_about_being_caught_camera_phone.html#post156824 ; just that in your case, you put your video on YouTube yourself. I actually thought that by doing so, you were aware that some people who know you and don't know you're heeling but don't really like you ... or generally people who you better not want to know will find out sooner or later? So, by openly posting your video, where you can clearly see that it's you, it's clearly an "outing to everybody", isn't it?

As I posted in the thread linked to above: if you don't want certain people to know, then don't post it in the way that you'll be easily recognized. In my case, as most of you know, I want not to be recognized in heels by anyone who knows me. I posted a few videos onto Youtube also, but I only show my lower half and don't even want to post the link onto this website here. And right now, I am postive that even if someone would tape me and post the video somewhere, nobody would be able to guess that it's me. But that's just my personal way of dealing with this.

And, so Stilettoscot, "The Beat goes on!:w00t2: The sun will continue to come up in the East and travel across the sky and set in the West. The fact that things for you, "post revolation," mightn't ever be the same --- and that's not all bad. So, People know about you and high heels. So What? If it were not for the "stigma" current society places upon people with different tastes and habits, the apprehension you have and the anxiety you feel about how you will be viewed now by those that know you the best, is bothersome at the moment. But that will fade with time. Especially when people realize that you are still the same person that you've always been. You've not changed. So, hang on and ride out the storm. In time the wind will die down and the seas will calm and your life will be just that much better. ;-)

well now Bubba136, THATS only because of the way that Earth revolves around the sun (for all WE know, there might be other "earths" that revolve in the OPPOSITE direction, thus giving said inhabitants a "sunset" in the EAST!!);-):w00t2:

well now Bubba136, THATS only because of the way that Earth revolves around the sun (for all WE know, there might be other "earths" that revolve in the OPPOSITE direction, thus giving said inhabitants a "sunset" in the EAST!!):w00t2::grin:

Please let me know when you intend to exit this planet in route to the next. The blastoff is really going to be something to witness!!! ;-)