Had new steel tips fitted and.....

The repairer has cracked the heel where the tip pushes in. The heels on these shoes are not covered and Evans only had them for sale for a very short time so Ic ant get another pair. Is it practical to have the whole heel replaced or what should I do. We went back to the repairer and he refunded the tip fee and offered to buy the shoes off us for the purchase cost, but these are the only proper stiletto's I have had the confidence to go out in public in and they are a little sentimental... They are 4" Black Patent Oxfords Any thoughts?? Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

The repairer has cracked the heel where the tip pushes in. The heels on these shoes are not covered and Evans only had them for sale for a very short time so Ic ant get another pair. Is it practical to have the whole heel replaced or what should I do. We went back to the repairer and he refunded the tip fee and offered to buy the shoes off us for the purchase cost, but these are the only proper stiletto's I have had the confidence to go out in public in and they are a little sentimental...

They are 4" Black Patent Oxfords

Any thoughts??

Andi

What a bummer! ;-) It should be possible to replace the entire heel without too much trouble. However, getting heels that match the original may be a bit of a problem. The shoe repairer should be willing to do this, or at least pay for the cost at a different repair shop of your choice.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Heels can be replaced on certain designs, but it takes a competent cobbler. That guy should pay for having the shoes re-heeled . . . by somebody else who knows how!

Have a happy time!

In this instance I think your repairer was VERY far, he was willing to give you the value of the shoes without quibble. To replace the heel blocks on a pair of evans shoes would cost more than the shoes are probably worth, so his offer was more than he legally had to offer, because "technically" he could have offered you what the shoes where worth at the time of repair. Now given you had worn the heel out, which is why you was having them replaced they wouldn't be worth a lot at all! good customer service from this repairer I feel. Its should be possible to do an almost invisible repair on the existing heels anyway. without weakening the shoes in anyway so it might be worth giving them to a different repairer & seeing what they can do. Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

Actually they were brand new shoes with the price tags still attached, I just wanted steel tips on to make them harder wearing and as with all evean shoes of a mice style they didnt last long and are no longer available.. Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

then his offer to buy them off you was the correct offer to make. If you want them sorted out PM me & i'll send you my address, the only thing is with postage both ways it gets expensive! Its still a shame to hear such tails ;-) not good for my industry, as many of us try so hard to get our repairs "just right" Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.