Would heels worn by a woman still be attractive if ...?

heelma

"Sexy heels worn by a girl" - still attractive if guys wore them to the same extent?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. "Sexy heels worn by a girl" - still attractive if guys wore them to the same extent?

• Yes. Sexy heels worn by girls would remain as attractive to me as they are now, even if they were equally commonly worn by men and women.
    • No. Heels would not be as sexy/attractive to me as they are now if men were accepted to wear the same styles as women all the time.
    • I am already not much attracted to a girl wearing heels, so there is no difference for me.

I have always said my "dream date" would be a woman dressed in suit, tie, fedora, and stiletto high heels and me dressed in the identicle outfit. I have not met this woman yet or experienced this dream. But I would still find the woman attractive in high heels and hope to match future outfits with high heels in the future.

High Heels would remain just as sexy for me when worn by a woman and my feelings would not be diminished if they were worn by more males.....I also like skin tight jeans on a woman....but don't think about them on a guy...some things just look sexy on a woman and thats that...for me anyway...but its different strokes for different folks....and we all have our own opinion:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Just read radiodave's "curious" poll ...

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12095-curious.html#post183015

... about the hypothetical question how often I would wear heels if heels worn by men were as commonly accepted and seen as heels worn by women.

Here is another one along those lines: Let's assume that this would really be the case and guys wearing 5" strappy stiletto sandals would be as commonly seen and accepted as if this is the case just for women now. Just imagine: you walk through a mall, through a shopping street, a store, a museum, ... whereever you want, and you see heels everywhere, worn by guys in the same extensiveness as by women.

Would you still have the same excitement to see a pretty girl wearing sexy high heels as you probably have now? Or, do you think that heels would lose their "sexiness" and their specialty, their attractiveness, as they are worn by both women and men to the same extent, no matter what style, including those styles commonly attributed to be "very girly"? In other words, would it get boring to see heels, could it reach a point where heels on a woman just look like a white shirt worn by a woman nowadays? Or, more drastically, like flip-flops and sneakers nowadays?

There are many women that wear men's clothing, cut and style their hair as men have traditionally done, occupy positions of employment formerly considered for men only, continue to seek liberation and equality, and they still haven't become men and lost the attractive qualities men have desired since the beginning of time. Now you want me to consider the idea many men wearing the same stilettos would compromise the attractiveness of their "girly" footwear.

Shirley (I know "Surely") you jest. This is all in the social conditioning that we even have the likes of these questions before us. The social idea of what men and women are doesn't really correlate to reality. Men can be just as feminine and women can be just as masculine. For convenience, society made a blanket standard and disregarded all the exceptions. Then as the exceptions did show their differences, they were and are ridiculed, persecuted, and demonized just for being who they are, epecially when they are men. A double standard emerged though, for many women were accepted in their quest to show how manly they could become. Due to the hard line of these standards, another effect caused some of the feelings that men and women had, to be misinterpreted, which has been the catalyst for a lot of contention concerning the relationships between them.

O.K. Getting off the soapbox.

An attractive pair of stilettos can be diminished or enhanced by the person who wears them, depending on the perceived fit and comfort or the lack of. Wearing stilettos demands the heeler radiates movements of grace and bearing. So whether a man or woman puts on a pair of stilettos, the same rules apply. If the heels are too high and prevent walking with the perception of charm and dignity, then an adjustment to lower heel heights or increase platform heights should be made to achieve that goal. What we wear should be a matter of personal choice, not a social decree.

• 2 months later...

I voted yes, I think if we would have been wearing heels as long as women we would a vastly different fashion available to us as women now have. The shoes are only 1 part of the package, how a person looks in heels along with the outfit is going make the statement. And girls will always hold an exciting edge, just because! My mind runs wild thinking if men had designers like McQueen, Ford, and others-many others had time to develope lines of clothes. I not suggesting that mens should be the same but is an area which has not seen much expansion of concepts and ideas. The point being, heels would and could stylized a person, man or woman. Mtnsofheels

I voted Yes: I love to wear high heels at home everyday. My wife is fine with this and we will even do things around the hose - both in our heels. We have sex in our sexy outfits and heels. I love to see women in sexy heels and they always make me turn my head when I hear those heels coming. I also feel guys should wear what they want. Bern

Just read radiodave's "curious" poll ...

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12095-curious.html#post183015

... about the hypothetical question how often I would wear heels if heels worn by men were as commonly accepted and seen as heels worn by women.

Here is another one along those lines: Let's assume that this would really be the case and guys wearing 5" strappy stiletto sandals would be as commonly seen and accepted as if this is the case just for women now. Just imagine: you walk through a mall, through a shopping street, a store, a museum, ... whereever you want, and you see heels everywhere, worn by guys in the same extensiveness as by women.

Would you still have the same excitement to see a pretty girl wearing sexy high heels as you probably have now? Or, do you think that heels would lose their "sexiness" and their specialty, their attractiveness, as they are worn by both women and men to the same extent, no matter what style, including those styles commonly attributed to be "very girly"? In other words, would it get boring to see heels, could it reach a point where heels on a woman just look like a white shirt worn by a woman nowadays? Or, more drastically, like flip-flops and sneakers nowadays?

Heels on a woman are heels on a woman no matter what men are doing. If you want to know if men in heels are sexy to me the answer is NO.

• 1 month later...

I love women, I love their femininity. High heels add to that femininity of being a woman I am attracted to the heels and a feminine petite foot. Men on the other hand have bigger feet and definitely not petite, I just don't cant see the attraction to that type of foot, regardless whether is on a sexy high heel. Now, there are exceptions, I have seen some men that have very petite and pretty feet that i have been attracted to. But always with the thought it was a woman's foot. Once i realize it was a man, then I lost interest. .

• 1 month later...

I voted yes because if you transpose the same situation to other items you may find that women are already wearing (too many!) pieces of the male wardrobe, and yet they remain attractive no matter if is a woman or a man who's bearing it. imho it has to do with attitude. Sexyness is another thing. A very sexy piece can come an absolute disaster with a bad attitude, and the simplest thing can transform into magic with a drop of personality.

• 1 month later...

i think exactly the same as many others women wear many things designed for man example cowboy boots women look sexy in them but this is typically mens shoe. women wear sports caps they look feminine in them but they were provided for jockeys and other.. there are many thing jeans - for gold diggers it is just the same way as with everything else if you were heels as a man it is not strictly connected with the other sex But it could make women to change habits in some way because they often were sth to look sexy and different than man, on the other hand thay were everything they find

And sometimes they don't wear much at all leaving very little to hide. If we would do the same thing, we would get arrested quickly, but they get away with it. It's a double standard world for us guys. Cheers--- Dawn HH.

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 5 weeks later...

That's a tough call. It's like asking if the world would be the same after WWIII. You can't really make a good case for this until it really happens. Maybe if we petition the shoe designers on this, they would have something to say?

Gonna have to go with Morpho on this one. Jeans have come a long way since their inception, and although they're everywhere now, they've evolved into "men's" and "women's" jeans. If (hopefully when) it does become acceptable for men to wear heels regularly, they won't look like the heels women normally wear. I think men's heels will start with chunky heels, blocky squared toes, etc. to preserve the slender, curvy, feminine aspect for the women. There would be "men's heels" and "women's heels" just like we have with jeans. If men and women alike regularly wore similar heels, then yes that would take away from the attraction. But I don't see that happening. So yes, I would still find women in heels very beautiful and alluring.

WobbleWobble, There are many men right here in this forum, myself included, who wear jeans that are supposively fitted for women, because they fit better than jeans for men. I also understand your sentiments concerning stilettos for men and you have the right and I stand by your decision to choose that way for you, but please don't deny me the right to choose stilettos for me. By the way, women will always look better in stilettos as far as I'm concerned.

I voted yes and love to see women wear high heels. After all that's what got me started to wear high heels when I was 12. I was hooked as soon as I tried on my 1st pair and walked around in them. My wife and I both wear heels out. We have identical 4 inch stacked heel - just under the knee high boots that we both wear at the same time on our Harley. Love the looks we get when I put my boot down at the light. Walk tall

• 7 months later...

I voted "yes" - no matter if guys wear heels or not, I will always find women wearing heels sexier than hell! I look at it like thongs. Both men & women wear thongs (myself included) - but I'm still turned on at the sight of a woman in a thong as much as I ever was.

Of course they would.

I agree, besides, I really have not seen a young attractive girl in high heels since the time my ex wore these sexy stilettos to high school (and got told to take the off so they would poke holes in the lino!). Girls here just seem to like these stupid looking flat boots that look like slippers or ballet type flat shoes (pumps?). Only the women (30 ish and up) wear heels.

• 2 months later...

I agree, besides, I really have not seen a young attractive girl in high heels since the time my ex wore these sexy stilettos to high school (and got told to take the off so they would poke holes in the lino!). Girls here just seem to like these stupid looking flat boots that look like slippers or ballet type flat shoes (pumps?). Only the women (30 ish and up) wear heels.

I don't agree with that, at least the part of the country where I live. I see many, many more younger women wearing high heels than mature women. And the most negative responses I have received when I wear high heels in public is from the younger women who, I'll bet, wear high heels.

What you say is partly true here in the U.S. One need only look at the latest Steve Madden shoes to see ugly, flat, combat boot looking monstrosities amongst the more stylish ones for the gals. I remember when I was a kid it was a popular insult to say "your mother wears combat boots". LOL

What's up with ladies wearing flat rubber boots now? We have a gal in the office that does this even in the heat of summer. Her feet must be soggy when she takes them off at the end of the day.. yuk..

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I had another though, if a woman doesnt make an effort for her legs to show well or her overall outfit doesnt match it may just kill the look and the sexy idea of what is considered atractive woman, whereas if a man, even with a nice designer suit and incredible leather stilleto boots, he will look even much more kinky and better for women, as well, masculine look not at all but that is not on disusion.

V. Morpho

• 1 month later...

Yes, but... Just as there are women who dress rather incongruously to their natural appearance, men should be mindful to select footwear that suits their physique. We're all grown men here, so I hope this doesn't hurt anyone's feelings... Let's just say that the footwear and the wearer should stir a similar level of appeal (albeit for different reasons, of course).

• 2 weeks later...

I think no matter what a woman wearing high heels is just about the sexiest thing you will find, however I have seen men, ie normal men and transexuals, wearing heels and i cant say I was disgusted. The fact that i still looked says it all. High heels are alyays sexy.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just my opinion, but I don't think that just because I love heels that heels worn by a woman automatically make her attractive... and by the same reasoning, just because I'm not attracted to guys that doesn't mean that a guy wearing heels automatically makes the heels unattractive. Shoes are shoes and people are people, and when the two come together I think the attraction is more about heels as part of an overall image and expression of character and personal style. Therefore I think yes, heels would still be just as attractive regardless of who is wearing them.

If you like it, wear it.