Would heels worn by a woman still be attractive if ...?

heelma

"Sexy heels worn by a girl" - still attractive if guys wore them to the same extent?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. "Sexy heels worn by a girl" - still attractive if guys wore them to the same extent?

• Yes. Sexy heels worn by girls would remain as attractive to me as they are now, even if they were equally commonly worn by men and women.
    • No. Heels would not be as sexy/attractive to me as they are now if men were accepted to wear the same styles as women all the time.
    • I am already not much attracted to a girl wearing heels, so there is no difference for me.

Just read radiodave's "curious" poll ...

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12095-curious.html#post183015

... about the hypothetical question how often I would wear heels if heels worn by men were as commonly accepted and seen as heels worn by women.

Here is another one along those lines: Let's assume that this would really be the case and guys wearing 5" strappy stiletto sandals would be as commonly seen and accepted as if this is the case just for women now. Just imagine: you walk through a mall, through a shopping street, a store, a museum, ... whereever you want, and you see heels everywhere, worn by guys in the same extensiveness as by women.

Would you still have the same excitement to see a pretty girl wearing sexy high heels as you probably have now? Or, do you think that heels would lose their "sexiness" and their specialty, their attractiveness, as they are worn by both women and men to the same extent, no matter what style, including those styles commonly attributed to be "very girly"? In other words, would it get boring to see heels, could it reach a point where heels on a woman just look like a white shirt worn by a woman nowadays? Or, more drastically, like flip-flops and sneakers nowadays?

When I see a girl in heels I think that they enhance her sexiness considerably but it's not the heels themselves that are sexy it's just the fact that she's wearing them that make the whole thing sexy. I love heels because of the way they feel but I do like the look in the mirror too but it's not the heels that are sexy...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I think widespread acceptance of male high-heel wearing would "defeminize" them quite a bit. For me, that would lead to them being less of an attractive sight on the high-street. ;-)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

In the world of the female, fashion is determined by the "overall" look of the outfit. Regardless of the event that females are dressing for, the look has to be complete...with hair, makeup, top center and shoes closely coordinated to appear "correct" to wear. The entire ensemble looking "together." My wife spends an inordinate (to me) amount of time insuring that each element of her ensemble looks correct. Her hair always perfectly arranged. Make up applied in just the right manner. Clothing, doesn't matter if it is sports wear for mall shopping or dressing to attend church or wedding....all perfectly matched. Lots of hard work and attention to detail required. Besides there are far too many different styles of skirts, dresses, tops and slacks, not to mention hair styles, colors of make up, and jewelry to keep track of. I just don't see many men being that fastidious in/with their dress habits to ever compete with females on an equal basis. High heels come in eleventy-eleven different styles, colors and heel heights, with straps, no straps, boots, etc....it's difficult enough for any man to keep the different styles straight. So, bottom line, it wouldn't matter one bit if men wore high heels.. There are enough "frilly, girly" items of fashion that not many males will ever wear, to keep the genders separated for eons to come.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

When I see a girl in heels I think that they enhance her sexiness considerably but it's not the heels themselves that are sexy it's just the fact that she's wearing them that make the whole thing sexy.

I love heels because of the way they feel but I do like the look in the mirror too but it's not the heels that are sexy...

I agree with you also.....

Just wanted to add an example,

Jeans..... were made exclusively for laborers on the manufacture industry as uniform, then cowboys adopt it, then it became a trend for men and then for women, the styles are evidently different, .... who cannot agree that a curvy girl in jeans is not sexy?,.... now put the same jeans to a guy, .......it still looks as a guy. right?.... maybe in skinny jeans, like the rollingstones, is that sexy? for many no for other maybe yes, ...buuuutt we are talking here about femenine sexyness, unless I am misunderstanding the question.

well same for shoes, hypotetically speaking....if the heels were kept being used by males until now and the designs would be evidently different according to sizes and trends, then girls will still be looking good as today, with long legs, excited calves, straight tights and their walk would be also the same as today, whereas a guy in heels is totally different, look at any guy in male mode with heels )in the mirror and tell me if he is better than Angelina Jollie in her best days. A girl is a girl (including TG's and TS's offcourse) and a guy is a guy (in male image)

V. Morpho

If i saw a guy and a girl walking in the same heels i would only be looking at how sexy the girl may look...the guy might look good in them but not sexy! And no i don't think i would get bored looking at footwear,not everyone has the same tastes and or motivation to be in the same styles all the time.So like most things a case of a time and a place.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I voted "yes". "Looking sexy" is a whole picture, shape, motion, dress, shoes, hairstyle, make-up etc . A woman can be sexy in flats; I like seeing heels, stiletto's in particular. A male wearing heels is not sexy to me, but good looking and brave. It would not change my perception of female sexyness. Greetings Hans

First of all, thanks for all the votes and replies here. I think though that each of us has to distinguish between the attraction of a girl due to other aspects besides her heels, and the attraction mainly due to her heels. I agree that a girl's total appearance (face, make-up, other clothes, etc) has a great impact on if I think the girl is attractive ... in addition or instead of her wearing heels. However, I actually did not mean to ask if you still would be attracted to a "pretty girl" even if the guy next to her wears the same kind of "sexy, girly heels" as she does. I really meant more the attraction of the heels themselves. So yes, let's take the example where a girl or woman who most people would not put in the "is very pretty" drawer, wears very sexy high heels. I personally could still see myself looking at her heels and follow her walk with my eyes for a while. I assume that most people here would still do this, and I assume that we also know why we do it. I think that at least in my case, it's because sexy high heels are still not as common as I'd like to see them. Think of this scenario: I hear the sounds of heels on the street behind you (or in a RR station, etc.). This immediately makes me take a look at them. And then, in many cases, I am sort of disappointed to see that they are either very low or otherwise "boring" heels, or it's even a guy who just happens to wear noisy men's shoes. I would figure to experience the same kind of disappointment if it's a guy wearing heels, if this were a very commonly seen scenario. I could figure a saturation effect if many many more girls/women, not to even mention men, would wear them.

I agree with most of what was said here.

Even if we could wear high heels and be accepted, women would still remain sexy. I'll never look as sexy as a woman, not a problem for me. It would be nice to have the same fashion freedom as women though.

I think women look great in almost anything they wear but , yes, it depends on how they behave.

I saw an older woman this weekend in high heels and found myself quite repulsed by her behaviour and attitude.

I've seen numerous young women in gorgeous boots, that I'd love to be able to walk around town in, but behaving like muck.

Having said that, I have seen young and mature women in boots and high heels, behaving with the grace and elegance that only a woman can pull off and I melt everytime.

No, men wearing high heels would not deminish a women's attraction to straight men. (Please,no offence intend to anybody!!!)

Like women surfers, I'm not going to look at male surfers and think they look feminine in wetsuits, or vice versa.

It's the way women move!!

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/3987/48_2007/rbilsshoes.jpg (One example of a well dressed woman)

I really HATED the fashion trend about 4-5 years ago where young woman thought it was cool to walk around in boxer's boots. You know the look I'm talking about? I really hated it... http://www.nzboxer.com/images/nz_boxer/nzbb.jpg - yeah.

I agree with most of what was said here.

Even if we could wear high heels and be accepted, women would still remain sexy. I'll never look as sexy as a woman, not a problem for me. It would be nice to have the same fashion freedom as women though.

I think women look great in almost anything they wear but , yes, it depends on how they behave.

Having said that, I have seen young and mature women in boots and high heels, behaving with the grace and elegance that only a woman can pull off and I melt everytime.

It's the way women move!!

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/0/3987/48_2007/rbilsshoes.jpg (One example of a well dressed woman)

I agree totally.

One of my huge turn-ons is to go shoe shopping with a close girlfriend of mine ... she doesn't know of my secret desires ... but she loves that I can spend all day "helping" her choose shoes, I watch her walking in the store, imagining my feet and legs in the same shoe .... *mmmmmm*

Excellent poll! From the results, I doubt if people are really reading past the first response or considering the ramifications of the second response - yet it remains as applicable as whether or not certain female body types can get away with wearing string bikinis. Men and women have different body styles. Why in the world would be wrongly (IMHO) believe the same heel styles would look equally good on both?

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Excellent poll! From the results, I doubt if people are really reading past the first response or considering the ramifications of the second response - yet it remains as applicable as whether or not certain female body types can get away with wearing string bikinis.

Men and women have different body styles. Why in the world would be wrongly (IMHO) believe the same heel styles would look equally good on both?

I agree ... but right here, we have plenty of examples of guys who call themselves "very masculine" but wear "very girly" heels ;-)

I think sexiness is as much attitude and persona as it is attire. I can think of several women I've known that, on first glance, appeared attractive, but had a bitter, almost hard bitten look on their face, that just spoiled the whole thing. And I've learned that this look isn't just on the surface. When I've talked to them I found that it reflected something going on in the mind. Not for me, been there, suffered through that. And I've known a couple that were not necessarily beautiful, but had a magnetism that couldn't be ignored. I worked with one that was a bit heavy, although she wore much of the excess in the right places. Still, she had a look in her beautiful blue eyes that just drove me crazy. No, I don't think men in heels would diminish the sex appeal of women. Heels are only one part of a complete picture.

YES!!!!! When I walk I listen. When I work and do what I do, I concentrate on what I am doing. When I hear what I perceive to be a women in heels I look up or turn to check out the sound I hear. I start my gaze low, if what I see is what I'm looking for (spike heels higher then 2"s ) I continue an upward look to see what motivates them, pass judgement on the whole picture then go back to what I was doing. If what I see making the sound is of no interest to me, then who is motivating the noise makers is also of no interest. All that to say heels are what I like.#1 gets my vote. I have yet to see another man wearing heels as I do. If I do see a guy wearing heels as I do, I would like very much to say HI, buy him a cup of coffee, and introduce him to my wife so she knows I am not the lone male heeler around here.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I agree ... but right here, we have plenty of examples of guys who call themselves "very masculine" but wear "very girly" heels :winkiss:

Exactly. However, that's utterly beside the point, as the question isn't asking about what they would like to or actually do wear. It's asking if a heel that's normally worn by a woman still be attractice (i.e. attractive on the woman) if that heel were worn by men as much as it was worn by women.

Frankly, if the stiletto pump became unisex footwear it would loose most of it's sex appeal as worn by a woman, in my eyes.

I'm all for blurring the lines, but I personally am attracted to certain things about females, and am not attracted to males. It's suppose it's the differences.

I think a lot of the responses given thus far have to do with why some men wear heels, and fall amiss of the intent of the original question.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

i don't think it would decease my attraction to heels.... i think i like footwear in general an like a lot of the styles that emale wear.. including flats..... i think i just apprciate a nice pair of shoe on a nice pair of leg with a nice body :winkiss: so i definitely won't like heels less if they are unisex....

YES!!!!!

When I walk I listen. When I work and do what I do, I concentrate on what I am doing. When I hear what I perceive to be a women in heels I look up or turn to check out the sound I hear. I start my gaze low, if what I see is what I'm looking for (spike heels higher then 2"s ) I continue an upward look to see what motivates them, pass judgement on the whole picture then go back to what I was doing.

If what I see making the sound is of no interest to me, then who is motivating the noise makers is also of no interest.

All that to say heels are what I like.#1 gets my vote. I have yet to see another man wearing heels as I do. If I do see a guy wearing heels as I do, I would like very much to say HI, buy him a cup of coffee, and introduce him to my wife so she knows I am not the lone male heeler around here.

I also agree its all about the heels, not who is wearing them, as long as they are in good taste and look good with the overall apperance of a man or woman when they wear them. I like the look that a nice pair of heels give with my jeans as well as when my wife wears hers with her jeans. Heels just "complete" that look, and give a certain type of class that just looks good. I too would like to run into another guy sporting heels such as mine and would also buy the coffee. lol

I even beleave that my urge for seeing a woman in heels could be stronger since there are more heels out on the streets. I also beleave if I saw a man in a pair of nice boots, I could ask him where he bought them... wow, this sounds weird..hehe

While I actually voted no, I have given this one some thought as of late, and if I were to vote again, I would likely chnage my vote. While I have to admit that I wouldn't be thrilled by the sight of most guys in heels, I would enjoy seeing a guy wearing shoes that he enjoys, and would certainly be jealous of him if the shoes were to my liking. Certainly, I don't think we'll see stiletto heels for men in the mainstream, but wouldn't be shocked to see chunky heel styles for guys. And seeing guys in chunky heels on a regular basis would not change my attraction to a woman in a pair of sexy, feminine heels. My problem is that, while I enjoy heels period, my real focus is those very feminine styles, and that is what I enjoy wearing personally. That what makes it so difficult for me to venture out in public, as the shoes I want to wear certainly would not be mistaken for a mens shoe. I wouldn't still enjoy seeing a woman in some nice heels, as long as the look remains feminine. Several years back when stilettos disappeared and women we wearing chunky loafers, I hated them something fierce. But more recently, the loafer style, and even those with chunkier heels, become much more feminine (i.e., lower cut vamps, more foot exposed, which to me differentiates them from a mans style), has actually become a favorite of mine, as long as it is of the definitely feminine style.

I agree with many here on this one. It is not just the shoes that make one sexy. I love the look of a lady in high heels, but I dont think that I look sexy in heels. Dont get me wrong I like the way I look in heels. I think that it is the entire package that creates the sexy look. In the 70's men wore platform heels and I dont recall any of them looking sexy to me. Thats just my opinion.

Just read radiodave's "curious" poll ...

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12095-curious.html#post183015

... about the hypothetical question how often I would wear heels if heels worn by men were as commonly accepted and seen as heels worn by women.

Here is another one along those lines: Let's assume that this would really be the case and guys wearing 5" strappy stiletto sandals would be as commonly seen and accepted as if this is the case just for women now. Just imagine: you walk through a mall, through a shopping street, a store, a museum, ... whereever you want, and you see heels everywhere, worn by guys in the same extensiveness as by women.

Would you still have the same excitement to see a pretty girl wearing sexy high heels as you probably have now? Or, do you think that heels would lose their "sexiness" and their specialty, their attractiveness, as they are worn by both women and men to the same extent, no matter what style, including those styles commonly attributed to be "very girly"? In other words, would it get boring to see heels, could it reach a point where heels on a woman just look like a white shirt worn by a woman nowadays? Or, more drastically, like flip-flops and sneakers nowadays?

The hypothetical or assumed world where both men and women are accepted heelers that heelma and radiodave wants us to visualize is part of the actual world I would love to live in, so please, let's make it happen for real. Imagine everyone having the choice of whether or not to wear high heels. Now, this is a social environment equivalent to and in harmony with our Maker's design and blessing.

An attractive high heel shoe will stay that way whether on a man or a women, providing they fit properly. Now, as to the attractiveness of the person, male or female, wearing the heels depends on the observer, female or male, and the wearer's personal appearance and their ability to coordinate the total look effectively enough for the observations. Another factor to consider as a matter of attraction would be the way heelers present themselves and how the presentation effects those around them.

Now, I will assume that everyone has been in situations where alot of the same type of heels are being worn. Did this seem to be monotonous and/or exhilerating? It would be the same for you if heelma's hypothetical existed where men and women were wearing the same kind of high heels. Of course, like today, there will still be a variety of personalities wearing their choice of heels, so the idea of everyone wearing the same styling of heels would be a remote possibility, but highly unlikely, unless it is staged in some way.

As a male observer, for the first impression and continued association, the attractiveness of a female may be enhanced by what she adorns her being with and stilettos can certainly spruce up any sight, but her real attraction comes from really getting to know the real her and both of us choosing to be a friend/mate.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to see women in heels, but I only stick to my own style. I am very fussy about my styles, worse than a women I think.

life is not a rehearsal

Of course it would. I don't see any correlation here. I currently do and will always love seeing a woman (especially my wife :winkiss:) in heels - as long as she's able to master them in a 'sexy way'. -softmover

I have a pair of flat New Rock Reactors which I think look sexy on a nice curvy rock chick, especially with black tights, and they're basically men's boots even though they're sold as unisex. Without wanting to offend anyone girls still look better in heels than guys do, plus as Vector said long hair can look good on a guy (I had it until it ran off the back of my head!) but it only looks sexy on a woman.

I think a lot of interesting posts were made in this thread, particularly in the first few posts. In general, it would not be very good in my opinion if men wear high heels because it would reduce the level of sexual dimorphism, which in my opnion at least is not desirable. I say this because I think the original reason I became attracted to high heels in my high school years is probably because I associated them in my mind with "feminity" and "uniqueness" or "suggestive" (but I am not 100% certain this is only specualtion on my part; it may also have been a bizarro response or overreaction to the fact that for me feet are usually the most unattractive part of a woman's body and certain types of heels--I am picky not just any pair will do--may compensate for that. Personally, i don't like high heel sandals, for example, but it would be tha much worse if guys wore them. Now that I am on this point I will make several other points: 1. A woman's overall look is important (for me at least), and yet unattractive women can become more attractive if they have really good legs and good heels. 2. However, it might not be good if even all women wore really nice high heels all the time , because it could reduce the uniqueness and the thrill of the chase. 3. Leaving myself aside and turning to the general public, most people would not like for men to wear high heels, because as I said, it reduces the level of sexual dimorphism, and most people would agree that is not good if it became widespread. Just like we wouldn't like it if men wear skirts, or bras, or had softer voices, or lighter features like women. 4. Turning to myself, most of the time I see or hear a woman in heels it does not much for me anyhow because I am peculiar. I turn or look but am not impressed. Still, we should not blur the lines. In conclusion, it probably would defeminize it for a lot of people and that wouldn't be good. Conversely, I wouldn't want heels to be overly associated with prostitution or pornography either (just as women's vibrators fell out of popular magazine advertisements once they were recognized as such.) But then, maybe I am a purist??