Way to increase awareness of heeled men

Tljakes

So as most of us read, there where too much "Issues" around the world heelmeet. However! By placing pictures of the event on either a blog or by adding it ti the gallery of HHPlace, don't you think more people would become aware and "tollerant"?

Why tiptoe through life only to arive safely at death?

The speciality here is heels though, not men in heels, so I don't think it's necessarily keeping it in the niche to post pictures here or in the blogs on this site. You have to start somewhere.

I would tend to agree with Arctic. Putting pictures on blogs or forums might do something for a small crowd, but wider exposure needs wider physical exposure - being out there in public and milling amongst the crowds. Go out and be you, wear your heels with pride, and don't let any naysayers get you down. Shoe designers are starting to take notice, and make heels bigger. Fashion designers are putting more heels on guys, whether it be to incorporate into an image, or just make a statement. It's picking up steam, and eventually it'll be mainstream - it's just a matter of time. Of course, even in this day and age, you'll get the backwards thinkers, but let them just live in their own world.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I have an idea for increasing exposure...we could have an international heel week or day or something. During the day, guys from all over the world agree to wear heels on the same day and do something, anything publicly. A blog could be set up for participants to report their experiences, post images, whatever and the URL could be sent to major news organizations with the outside possibility of one of them picking it up. Of course there is risk of bad publicity, but from what I have read most of the publicity of men in heels is bad publicity anyway, so there may be little to lose. Some of the more visible, senior members could even volunteer to be a spokesman and the female members could express their support. I would suggest it be done independently of HHPlace, simply because as Roz points out this site is about far more than men in heels. But it is a great starting point. The Web is such a powerful tool today, it is just about harnessing it. Just an idea...take it for what its worth.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 months later...

The speciality here is heels though, not men in heels, so I don't think it's necessarily keeping it in the niche to post pictures here or in the blogs on this site. You have to start somewhere.

i couldnt agree more Ros, we have to start somewhere so baby steps here are as good a place as any :winkiss:

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

• 3 weeks later...

This is something I have thinked also. But I think it is better to add in this day or week also mens who like to wear skirt. I don't wear skirt only heels but in this way we can get more peoples together.