"Solutions for disagreement and issues of HM 2009"

morpho

As promised you can solve your differencies here, hope there will be stronger bonds between all of you after this thread concludes. no ideas for me now, I really dissapointed, hope the actual thread of the HM take shape and will be atractive again. MORPHO

V. Morpho

What differences? Some people came and enjoyed it, some people boycotted it and some didn't come and wish that they had. You can please some of the people some of the time... So far no one has offered any suggestions of how it could be improved.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I really dissapointed, hope the actual thread of the HM take shape and will be atractive again.

No chance of that, what with it being locked now!

I too would have liked to see a few testimonials & reports about it, as per the previous few years.

It certainly appears, from the lack of reporting, to have been a bit of a 'damp squib' this time around but I expect the majority of attendees did actually enjoy it. I would have enjoyed it if I'd been there - spending a Saturday afternoon in the pub wearing heels & talking to a group of likeminded people about heels - that can never be a disappointment can it!?!

IMO. the change of date was the key factor in the 'failure' of IHM 2009 as it sigificantly reduced the number of attendees. That this was going to happen could, of course, never have been foreseen - various calendar conflicts and 'sods law' issues seem to have played a part.

That said, do not be disheartened fellow HHP Members! Another meet will be sure to come along soon. ;-)

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Indeed... it wasn't an unpleasant experience in the slightest but it would have been seriously enhandced by more attendees... especially all of those who live in the London area. As far as reports go, there isn't a lot to say really because we just sat in a pub chatting with like minded friends... I did get out a pair of very high wooden mules at one point which a few guys tried on but apart from that not a huge amount happened. It was still brill though... in fact for the first time I found it interesting enough to stay and not go shopping as in previous years!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Ugh... so what happened? The original thread has been removed? // EDIT now the access works again, although it is locked. Anyhow, seems the thing has gone mainstream if the kids start fighting. BTW... I once set up a heelmeet in NYC and no one showed up on the agreed time. So nothing new under the sun.

What's all the fuss about?

I don't think there was any problem. Sometimes meet ups are 9/10, sometimes 6/10. It just depends on the dynamics of who was there and how you were feeling at the time. This is the same for any gathering for any type of event whether it be heels or anything else. To be honest, I wasn't exactly the life and soul of the party on Saturday. I'd been working all night on Thursday and Friday was a busy day with lots of beer drunk and stuff done. I still enjoyed Saturday, but Friday was better for me. I think for a future meet over a weekend, we could organise one or two things to do for those that want, other than beer and chat. Ideas may include: 1. On-going Chess or Pool ladder/tournie 2. Best walking in heels competition (we have done this before - quite a laugh) 3. Excursion to play crazy golf or amusement arcade if suitable venue. 4. Street photography competition. 2 hours away from venue to get your best streetheels shot, and then a vote for the winners as viewed on a laptop. 5. Your suggestions etc.

Indeed... it wasn't an unpleasant experience in the slightest but it would have been seriously enhandced by more attendees... especially all of those who live in the London area.

As far as reports go, there isn't a lot to say really because we just sat in a pub chatting with like minded friends... I did get out a pair of very high wooden mules at one point which a few guys tried on but apart from that not a huge amount happened.

It was still brill though... in fact for the first time I found it interesting enough to stay and not go shopping as in previous years!

Dr. Shoe has said it all really. Had there been more people there it might of been a lot better but the heel meet was a success. This heel meet gave the chance for new HHP members to wear their heels in a pub but in a safe place with like minded members. I think there were at least 4 new faces at the heel meet. I myself made some new friends which is always good.

I would like to thank Kneehighs for planing this heel meet and Iloveboots for the Friday meal. I do understand why you both could not make this heel meet but you would of been here had you been able to.

I also like to thank Tara (Dr. shoe) for helping me with getting my heels repaired.

No chance of that, what with it being locked now!

......I expect the majority of attendees did actually enjoy it. I would have enjoyed it if I'd been there - spending a Saturday afternoon in the pub wearing heels & talking to a group of likeminded people about heels - that can never be a disappointment can it!?!

IMO. the change of date was the key factor in the 'failure' of IHM 2009 as it sigificantly reduced the number of attendees. That this was going to happen could, of course, never have been foreseen - various calendar conflicts and 'sods law' issues seem to have played a part.

That said, do not be disheartened fellow HHP Members! Another meet will be sure to come along soon. ;-)

Euchrid's hit the nail on the head here. If the people who turned up enjoyed themselves, then the day wasn't a failure.

There has been a real emphasis on getting the numbers up in past years, and if you're judging the event on how many turned up, you're setting yourself up for failure. What's important is that people met and interacted and enjoyed themselves and each other's company.

Indeed. from the point of view that we had some great company there it was actually a huge success... quality rather than quantity. As I said, it was actually more interesting than it was in previous years... However, it was something we could have done just by meetiing up in a pub. Then again, that's not much good for the "shy guys'...

As far as locking out the other thread, I have to plead guilty to that. It was rapidly turning into a mud-slinging competition that won't do anybody any good. It sounds like the people who attended had a good time and that's what it's all about anyway.

Have a happy time!

As far as locking out the other thread, I have to plead guilty to that. It was rapidly turning into a mud-slinging competition that won't do anybody any good.

It sounds like the people who attended had a good time and that's what it's all about anyway.

I thought I locked it! lol

This is all very interesting. Can we form a friendly society now, with a subscription, so we can have some cash to help those of us that can't afford the trip? We could then hire better venues and attract some fashion and press coverage. The hhplace community needs to reach out to the thousands of men and women who are unaware of it's existance and need our support, and start to raise awareness around the globe, in a bigger way. Ultimately we should have some goals in mind...fashion freedom and liberty? I don't feel that we have enough to tie us together without the formality of an asscociation of some kind. I like the idea of meeting around the world...a different place every year is great.. I am sure there will be some feedback about this idea! M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

This is all very interesting.

Can we form a friendly society now, with a subscription, so we can have some cash to help those of us that can't afford the trip? We could then hire better venues and attract some fashion and press coverage.

The hhplace community needs to reach out to the thousands of men and women who are unaware of it's existance and need our support, and start to raise awareness around the globe, in a bigger way.

Ultimately we should have some goals in mind...fashion freedom and liberty?

I don't feel that we have enough to tie us together without the formality of an asscociation of some kind.

I like the idea of meeting around the world...a different place every year is great..

I am sure there will be some feedback about this idea!

M

The problem is if there was any chance that the press was going to be there then many attendees wouldn't come. Quite a few locals were too shy to come as it was, I know we have sufficient membership to have filled the venue completely just from members based within 50 miles of London. The main reasons they didn't come were 1. They were worried about encountering someone they knew and 2. they were worried about someone finding out about their "hobby". Press coverage is sure to keep people like this away.

Yes, fashion freedom is a goal but the restrictions are totally in your own head. You could wear what you want. Don't leave it to everyone else to fly the flag for you.

The main reasons they didn't come were 1. They were worried about encountering someone they knew and 2. they were worried about someone finding out about their "hobby".

3. Although they live in London they were a long way from London at the time.

Some may say that this isn't an adequate excuse. I went to the 2006(?) heelmeet at The Miller and enjoyed meeting other folks from the forum.

Press are not interested in things like this apart from maybe running it as a "freaky" story. If it's not mainstream, then it has to be twisted into a laugh story. This is how they sell newspapers. The best thing you can do is get out and wear your stuff. There's plenty of fashion freedom and liberty to be had, but not enough people with the courage to claim their rights.

Well yes, I take your points, but I am 'out there' have you seen my thread...'men get out there'..?? I just thought that the sooner higher heels become incorporated into fashion thinking for men, the sooner we can see some high street designs that will fit larger feet. I would think that the fashion industry needs to know about us? M

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Exactly. For every 100 men who see your heels 1 will think "looks OK"... for every 100 of them 1 will think "looks cool" and out of every 100 of them 1 will go and buy some and out of every 100 of them 1 will wear them on the street... 1 guy out of 100,000,000!!! Well, one guy will have to do a lot of streetheeling to get one other guy to do it, but 2 guys will only have to walk past 50,000,000 guys... But what if 1000 of us are doing it? We all only have to walk past 10,000 guys... that's say just over 900 a week! easily done if you commute to work in heels or go shopping in busy places... last weekend in Camden the three of us must have passed several thousand guys in the street! some of them have probably already bought their first heels... The rule is that the more of us that do it the more will pick up on it and eventually stores will be selling to so many guys they will be doing guyheels...

Well yes, I take your points, but I am 'out there' have you seen my thread...'men get out there'..??

I just thought that the sooner higher heels become incorporated into fashion thinking for men, the sooner we can see some high street designs that will fit larger feet.

I would think that the fashion industry needs to know about us?

M

The New York Times just ran an article on Androgynous Dressing for men, which included a photo of a man in high heels.

The current issue of Dazed and Confused, on the COVER no less, contains an article about how couture brands like Givenchy are using lace and feminizing menswear.

The media is already covering the "feminization" of menswear and the fashion industry is already receptive to men wearing heels (I hung out with two girls that work at magazines last night and both girls wanted me to wear my heels.)

I think Firefox hit it dead on when he said, "The best thing you can do is get out and wear your stuff. There's plenty of fashion freedom and liberty to be had, but not enough people with the courage to claim their rights."

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Press are not interested in things like this apart from maybe running it as a "freaky" story. If it's not mainstream, then it has to be twisted into a laugh story. This is how they sell newspapers.

The best thing you can do is get out and wear your stuff. There's plenty of fashion freedom and liberty to be had, but not enough people with the courage to claim their rights.

I would caution against seeking any form of press coverage. I remember Hiluc from years ago approaching the Belgian press to follow him in his transgender operations. Their take was the predictable 'what a freak' approach.

I'll tell a story from my childhood. My father and I were standing beside a fast-flowing river in which you could see the eddies and undercurrents. At the time I was learning to swim ( and eventually took after my father who was a very competent swimmer). I asked dad if he could swim in that river and he replied that it would be stupid to take the risk for no gain.

He said, "Water is a good servant, but a bad master. It will make your garden grow, but it will flood your house or drown you. Treat it with respect."

He also added that fire was also a good servant, but a bad master.

For my part, I'm minded to include the media as also a good servant but a bad master !

Xa

i just wanted to add that to anyone who has never been to a WHM before, and decided at the last minute that they couldnt, they really did miss a very relaxed atmosphere where for the first time (for me at least) i could just sit down and chat in my heels. Sure there werent many people but i got so engrossed in the conversations i was having, i didnt get a chance to talk to everyone! We can all disagree on whatever we want, but in my books if its that interesting and relaxed then were already doing the right thing...i guess it just a matter of where.

Whilst we do not insist on the wearing of heels because in the past we have had attendees that have not because, despite being in a safe environment, have been too shy to do so. I don't know whether they were concerned that they would end up on Youtube or elsewhere or whether other attendees would laugh at their choice of heels, It's hard to tell. For that reason we don't have a dress code as such. We normally ask attendees for their names on entry, both their nickname here and their real name as this weeds out the anyone coming in "On Spec" from the press say.

I'm pretty sure the press (newspapers) have better things to be wasting their time on, rather than spending the afternoon with 10-15 blokes who wear high heels and "outting" them. They can already watch loads of men (TVs and Drag Queens) in high heels in Soho every weekend if they want to.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

press involvement: as i see it: those who are out already cos of what they do dont care about the press those of us who aint: 1/ some dont care incl moi however 2/ others will be shitscared cos of family/work/friends and we are a group of friends at all levels, so lets not change the profile of attendees at the meets from a social gathering to a showcase for the media.....