Flat shoes

roz

I love my heels, but I love shoes, and I've probably got about 15-20 pairs of flats. How about you guys? Generally I (really, really) hate ballerina flats, but I've got two patent bow-fronted pairs from Miu Miu. Other than this, I've got a pair of Ugg boots which I know everyone here hates, but I think they look nice with a denim mini (similar to the one in my avatar), loads of flip flops and lots of trainers too. So yeah, about 15-20. Probably closer to 15 actually. How about you lot?

Nope!

The only flats I wear are my male shoes... though I must admit my guilty pleasure is a pair of knee high Ugg style boots...

You know, flats could pass as male shoes....just saying ;-)

Unless they have any look of femininity in them, like a bow or bow-tied string. Even then, people really don't give a 2nd glance at you.

Formally "HHDude"

I have quite a few pairs of flats. Mainly boots. It is the only thing I can wear to work. They don't look very feminine, but they are definitely different from those of the mens department. If only for their size. (I have small feet). But in the other side I have much more choice, and I find styles that I like much more. If you are in a busy street and just look at peoples shoes, the big wide square ugly shoes are nearly all mens shoes. I don't see anything charming in them. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

All my shoes are female shoes. with high heels. I have about 20 pair of high heels, pumps and sandals in different colours and different hight. Most of them are between 4" - 5" high. Got 5 pair of boots in the same height, knee high and ankle boots. The only flat shoes I have is three pair of bow fronted low vamp ballerina shoes in black white and pink. Then I have two pairs of training shoes, flat I use them when I´m out running. My fiance tells me, "love you don´t have to buy more shoes for the next five years or so". He thinks my closet is full of shoes and clothes as well.

I got a few pair of ballet flats. They are very easy to slide on and off when you have to leave quick. The upside is they are inexpensive, which means you can buy a lot of different styles and colors. The downside is they normally don't have that much of an arch support, which means you can't really wear them for a long time and/or lots of walking.

Other than this, I've got a pair of Ugg boots which I know everyone here hates,

Ugg boots ... aka "ugly boots" :w00t2:

With respect to flats ... I don't see a need to buy girly flats for me. For me the only reason to put on women's shoes are the heels! Ok, except for maybe those platform sandals from Payless last year ...

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/10780-i_like_wedgies-2.html#post164115

... that have a 2" platform and a 4" heel, therefore pretty much felt like flats ... with the exception that you can fall off them easily if you don't watch your steps ;-)

Ugg boots ... aka "ugly boots" :w00t2:

With respect to flats ... I don't see a need to buy girly flats for me. For me the only reason to put on women's shoes are the heels! Ok, except for maybe those platform sandals from Payless last year ...

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/10780-i_like_wedgies-2.html#post164115

... that have a 2" platform and a 4" heel, therefore pretty much felt like flats ... with the exception that you can fall off them easily if you don't watch your steps ;-)

Golly! You wouldn't believe how hard I stared at those long ago!

Now I look back, and I'm just...."By God, I liked those at once? Ugh!" I would agree though. They look like they could go as flats, and I would probably try them on Now. But it's too late :grin:

Formally "HHDude"

i have: boots (heeled & not) shoes (heeled & not) uggs crocs sandals the enjoyment for me comes from many factors, and having a high heel is not mandatory. flat shoes can be a lot of fun. just enjoy whatever flips your switch!

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

I have a couple of pairs of Ballet style flats that I keep in the cars for driving. I hung onto my wellies until about 2 years ago. I loathed throwing them out for sentimental reasons but they were just too uncomfortable for me to walk in anymore and seemed to be of more use to spiders. So, I've not a lot to write about flats. Both of my pairs are inexpensive, both have bows on them. Neither of which would I want to be seen stepping out of my car in. (although I almost have before now). Perhaps I'll revisit this thread in a few years time once I've trained my feet to wear them again. When I expect to have hundreds of pairs and plenty to say. Until then....what is there to say about them?, they're flat...like leftover champagne in the morning, a car tire on your holiday or a dinner party to which you invited all the wrong people. ;-)

Until then....what is there to say about them?, they're flat...like leftover champagne in the morning, a car tire on your holiday or a dinner party to which you invited all the wrong people.

:w00t2:

Ohh, but you can still manage to pull "fun" out your behind. ;-)

Formally "HHDude"

I have a couple of pairs of Ballet style flats that I keep in the cars for driving.

I hung onto my wellies until about 2 years ago. I loathed throwing them out for sentimental reasons but they were just too uncomfortable for me to walk in anymore and seemed to be of more use to spiders.

So, I've not a lot to write about flats.

Both of my pairs are inexpensive, both have bows on them. Neither of which would I want to be seen stepping out of my car in. (although I almost have before now).

Perhaps I'll revisit this thread in a few years time once I've trained my feet to wear them again.

When I expect to have hundreds of pairs and plenty to say.

Until then....what is there to say about them?, they're flat...like leftover champagne in the morning, a car tire on your holiday or a dinner party to which you invited all the wrong people.

;-)

Just for grins why don't you show us your flats? You might be surprised at the responses.

I have quite a few pairs of flats. Mainly boots.

It is the only thing I can wear to work.

They don't look very feminine, but they are definitely different from

those of the mens department. If only for their size. (I have small feet).

But in the other side I have much more choice, and I find styles that I

like much more.

If you are in a busy street and just look at peoples shoes, the big wide

square ugly shoes are nearly all mens shoes. I don't see anything

charming in them.

Y.

I agree. Even flats from the ladies dept are mostly more attractive or interesting than those from the men´s side. I often wear knee-high boots to work, but can´t wear high heels there so the heels are only an inch or two. Nobody notices or cares, and the feeling of the boot shafts around my legs is nice. ;-)

My flats are the low heel closed toe clogs I bought while in Germany, several pairs in several colors. Heel height ranges from 1" to 2". I don't have anything less than the 1" heel. The other footwear are clogs, sandals, boots of 3", 4" and 5" heels.

• 3 weeks later...

-holds on to thread- Barely.. :clap: Has anyone seen those clogs that make a slightly louder sound than normal clogs do? I think they're a little slimmer and an inch higher than the regular clogs are. I saw them on a lady the other day, and by golly! They looked like they fit her look well, and complimented her feet as well, small as they were :unsure: And I kinda prepped myself before she went past the aisle I was in because I heard them coming. They had a sorta heel-clicking sound to them, and she was walking as if she were in heels! If I could find out where they could be sold at, I'd get them definitely :winkiss: If anyone could help me out, that would be appreciated :w00t2: Any other flats or low-heelers out there? Even if they're your alternative footwear in the closet, post here :silly:

Formally "HHDude"

• 4 weeks later...

I have been wanting a couple pair of flats, but have been unable to find anything in my size that I like. I find it ironic that as a guy who wears a size 11 (US) that I can get all the 4 inch heels I want, but when it comes to flats, they are so difficult to find!

Style is built from the ground up!

Happyfeat, I totally agree. Heels are easy to find in larger sizes 11-12. But, when it comes to flats, it's difficult! I've been looking for gladiator flats in 12 for like a year now and I can't find a reasonably priced pair. I got a few pairs of flats in the past years but even those were hard to find.

Nope!

The only flats I wear are my male shoes... though I must admit my guilty pleasure is a pair of knee high Ugg style boots...

You too.....they maybe ugly but so comfortable. When not in heels I've become a devotee of UGGs.

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of pairs of Ballet style flats that I keep in the cars for driving.

I hung onto my wellies until about 2 years ago. I loathed throwing them out for sentimental reasons but they were just too uncomfortable for me to walk in anymore and seemed to be of more use to spiders.

So, I've not a lot to write about flats.

Both of my pairs are inexpensive, both have bows on them. Neither of which would I want to be seen stepping out of my car in. (although I almost have before now).

Perhaps I'll revisit this thread in a few years time once I've trained my feet to wear them again.

When I expect to have hundreds of pairs and plenty to say.

;)

There's some who like leftover champagne and I'm one of them. I would relish seeing you in your flats if only while driving the car. May not float your boat but mine is rising just thinking about it.

You know... is there anyone willing to take a picture of themselves' feet, wearing flats? As someone said long ago, who knows? You just might appeal to some of us curious-eyes >.> <.<

Formally "HHDude"

Mickey can no longer wear heels because of the condition of her legs and feet, so we have purchased her a few pair of cute ballet flats in various colors and materials that she likes, although she would much better like to wear heels but can't. I still do not own any flats yet myself, but who knows what the future may bring for me on that subject. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

This is a few years old, but here are pics of me in my Coach flats:

I like them. Any more want to donate to the collection?

Mickey can no longer wear heels because of the condition of her legs and feet, so we have purchased her a few pair of cute ballet flats in various colors and materials that she likes, although she would much better like to wear heels but can't.

I still do not own any flats yet myself, but who knows what the future may bring for me on that subject.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

D: Very sorry to hear. But flats can be just as enjoyable, I bet. Just imagine a heel on them ^.^

Formally "HHDude"