Next Year's WHM - Alternative Venue?

Dr. Shoe

Well this years WHM is now gone and it is never too early to plan for next year!

I propose that the heelmeet be held in Bristol next year.

The advantages are:

*It is a much more laid back city than London.

*It is a city with a long history and cultural heritage and boasts the finest zoo outside of London, a 4* rooms less than 100GBP.

*We should be able to make a limited amount of free accommodation available (PM for details).

*You can fly direct to Bristol from US and all major European airports.

*Hotels are cheaper.

*Only 120 miles from London (so a day trip is possible).

*An excellent venue right in the heart of Bristol's bustling Docklands, right next to the famous SS Great Britain.

*Excellent shopping.

See here:

www.visitbristol.co.uk/

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, the fact that people are even talking about doing another World Heel Meet suggests to me that my efforts paid off. I was looking to create momentum that would keep itself alive independent of my direct involvement and honestly hope that others are able to continue the WHM's....

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

We did have Euroheel meets in 2001 and 2002 in Brussles and London with about 15 people as I remember and another one in Paris, so I'm all for continuing that trend too. They were only called Euroheel as they were in Europe and no guys from the US or further afield could make those. So we have a fair history on the international meet ups side.

Hey guys how about New York City for next years WHM ???" It would be a nice change for everybody>

Playing silly buggers a week or two ago, I sent off for a Queen Mary 2 cruise brochure from Southampton to NY.

Synchronising that with a NY heel meet would have cool points in most places, except my wallet !

Xa

all are good ideas, as soon as it will be decided i wont hesitate to book my flight and be pending hoping no mayor duty will appear on my calendar again, By the way this location that I will be about to tell you may do that more than one person to imagine the fun.......LAS VEGAS....... imagine all of us there in boots no one will say a thing in annegative way, we will be able to club, to play, to eat, to WALK, to swim and TAN, to SHOP, to watch a show, maybe checking out a cabaret or two, there are masages etc, the alcohol flows like water for all of those that wlaks better in 5inch stilletos with more than 5 drinks. The hotels are so cheap if there is agroup that will be booked in advance, try to think the possibilities, in heels for a weekend, 24 hrs x 3 days, in dress or in rubber whatever you want it LAS VEGAS WILL BE ALWAYS LAS VEGAS..... (this is not an informercial, lol) AND... what happens in las vegas stays in Las Vegas. Who is up for this one? although Bristol and NYC are good options too.

V. Morpho

Love the idea! How about this: 2010... Bristol 2011... New York 2012... Las Vegas 2013... Berlin 2014... Los Angeles/San Francisco etc... etc...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Looking at the organization and lineup for the Chicago heelmeet this weekend, it appears that, judging from the list of people that have indicated they are going to attend, Chicago might turn out to be a very active venue for high heel activity. Perhaps that city might be kept in mind as a location for a future event? I am looking forward to hearing reports on how the meeting went.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I propose that the heelmeet be held in Bristol next year.

Here's a tentative YES from me. ;-)

It's way too far off to be 100% positive about it though.

If other suggestions are being sought, how about Oxford or Birmingham?

If no good for the International Meet, I reckon we should do some interim mini-meets at those places anyway.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Beginning of Feb is a slightly better time, maybe the weekend before Valentines. It's a bit colder but there are still some excellent booted footwear bargains in the sales, if we have a shopping spree. If you get into March they've got the spring fashions out, and not so many of us wear the strappy sandals and wedges.

• 2 months later...

Earlier, I'd heard Dr. Shoe mention a list of cities for the WHM, as well as differentiating the WHM from the EHM. How about we pick, well in advance, a WHM to be held in either Europe or the US, alternating years, and varying places, as suggested. Then, individuals could schedule regional heel meets (RHM) in various locations, with some sort of agreement not to schedule it within three months either side of the WHM. Thus, we could have a single WHM in, say, Las Vegas, balanced by several RHM which may become annual events in the other locations.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I really don't think we need to co-ordinate so exactly as most heelmeets arise out of individuals kind of saying: "I'm going shopping on saturday, anyone wanna meet up?" and they grow from there.

I really don't think we need to co-ordinate so exactly as most heelmeets arise out of individuals kind of saying: "I'm going shopping on saturday, anyone wanna meet up?" and they grow from there.

The issue is that such events are usually planned at most a couple weeks out, and those who might have to travel need longer planning time. Let's compare: England has 50,346 sq mi of land area. Texas has 268,820 sq mi. Even the entire UK is only a little more than 94k sq mi...

It's not bragging rights - it's a matter of driving distances, time, overnight lodging/accomodations, etc. I think most people outside the US don't appreciate the enormity of our country. Even Germany only has 137,847 sq mi of area - half the size of Texas.

I just spent three days driving from St. Louis to Colorado, and both are in the same general area of our country.

Colorado is "out West." So is San Francisco. Thus, having a RHM in SF does me little good when it would take an entire week just to drive there and back! It's 20 hours, one way. That's three days. And three more for the return!

SF to NY? 3,000 miles, one way. 6,000 miles both ways. How many people living in England who drive their cars to work every day do 6,000 miles in an entire year?

So, no offense, but I think a better organized RHM process, planned well in advance, and coordinated with the other RHMs, would be of tremendous benefit, as we cannot exactly drop everything and "go shopping on the weekend."

I think it'd increase participation quite a bit!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

This is true but I don't think that there is a need to organise coincidental events as suggested. It would probably be better to have a "season" of heelmeets either starting or ending with WHM. That way we can have regional and local meets as and when. This also means that people who come to WHM also have the opportunity to go to other meets as well. You say about the US being so much larger than the UK but it does compare with Europe though and as you know we do get people coming from all over Europe too.