12" heels with 5" platforms:how to walk?

heelsfeel

I have two pairs of high heels with 12" heels with a 5" platform . I can only sit in those. My late gf helpt me by walking, but now she is gone I don't know how to walk in those shoes. And I like them very much. I now have to use crutches for walking. I have a pair of armpit crutches and ellbow's. I prefer the armpits. Is there anywone who knows how to walk on my favourit shoes? heelsfeel

Practice. If you have lower plats, wear those and get used to them, then work up to the higher ones. If you don't have lower plats, consider buying them. Most 8" Pleasers are $35 or so, so pick up a pair of those, learn to walk and even jump in them to build your confidence up. Consider getting some 12 inch heels with higher platforms. 7" difference is quite steep, if you can't walk in them, maybe you just can't. I have 12 inchers with 7" platforms, maybe that's a more realistic target to aim for? If not, just walk carefully. Use your crutches, but then rely on them less-and-less - carry them, but don't put your weight on them, you know, kinda like stabalisers on a bike. And be careful. It's really no different to walking in normal heels, but it's the equivilent for you of 7" heels which depending on the size of your feet is steep by any standards, let alone with the 5" disadvantage of being on plats.

7" heels with no plats are tough enough, I'm not sure if 12" x 5" shoes are walkable. At least for me. You should try, IMO, to buy a pair of 7" (no plats) like Hollywood Heels just to see if your ankles will even accomidate you being able to walk in such an incline.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

hello Roz and Stillittoscot, Thanks for your reply.Of course I do have shoes with a lower platform and I wear 7" heels (hard to find nowadays) but I like my 12" very much. They remind me of our "wild days". And of course Roz I'm trying not to "hang" on my crutches but try "to walk alone", but it is difficult. As I told, I miss the arm of my late gf. I could walk on so well. Thanks

Hi, sam455 My oxfords I bought by a catalogue. I don't remember the name of the firm. I didn't have a computer in those days. My courts I won on ebay. I think from bobandangie. Hear or see nothing anymore from that side. have a nice day heelsfeel

Hi, sam455

My oxfords I bought by a catalogue. I don't remember the name of the firm. I didn't have a computer in those days. My courts I won on ebay. I think from bobandangie. Hear or see nothing anymore from that side.

Mind taking a pic? I'm just curious to see what the 12 inch heels look like. I've never seen anything like that before. ;-)

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

Below the text screen (where your words go) in your reply, you'll see a button named "Manage Attachments". Click this. It will open a new screen into your computer to search for files to put on this reply. Find the pic(s) you'd like to attach and click it. This will automatically add the file to the "Manage Attachment" screen. Hit the "Attach File" button, wait, and it will complete the request and attach the file (pic) you selected to the reply. That's good, as I'd love to see them too.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

hello samcar455,

I adressed you wrong last time. Excuses.

I would like to show you my shoe collection, inclusing my 12". But I don't know how to put pictures on the computer. I'm a digibate!!

Nice day

heelsfeel

don't sweat it heelsfeel. I didn't even notice. ;-)

So, others have explained how to add pics. Do you have a digital camera and know how to get them on your computer? (Sorry if that's an insulting question)

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.