steel tips fitted properly ???

Reef

Hi , i just got my plastic tips replaced with steel tips at the cobblers, but when i got them home i have just noticed that the steel pin that holds the tip to the heel is sticking out about 3 milimeteres ?? Is this normal or should they just wear down over time ?? It just seems the pin is the only part of the heel thats making contact on the ground and i dont want the tip coming off or breaking What are your thoughts Thanks

How much should these cost to do? I have a couple pairs I'd LOVE to have metal tips on...

it was £5 for plastic tips or £6 for steel tips and for the sake of a pound i thught it was good value !!!

ive been walking hard in them to see if pin would go further in them but it hasnt ?? thanks for the advice Lee what do you think i should do ???

is it worth taking back ??

How much should these cost to do? I have a couple pairs I'd LOVE to have metal tips on...

I appreciate your in the USA Stilettoscot, but in December 2008 the UK's repairs did a national survey of prices & Metal stilettos came out with an average price of £6.25 rubber came out at £6.05

Lee what do you think i should do ???

is it worth taking back ??

YES! doesn't make for safe walking! it might be worth going somewhere else, it depends on the policy of the "other" repairer!

If someone brought these into me, I'd sort them out with no charge as it would probably gain me a loyal customer.

Lee

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.

• 1 month later...