"Obsession with high heels lasts more than 50 years"

MetalTips

Hmmm, I just turned 53 and while I'm not a woman, based on that article I have another good 10 years to wear my highest heels. I guess I'd better get busy and wear the more often to take advantage of every moment. ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes it does last more than fifty years, I was interested in girls shoes from the age of four or five, and still wear girls shoes age fifty seven, but they now have heels. I will carry on in my own sweet way.

life is not a rehearsal

I wonder what the age vs. height profile would be for people here. It seems a bit different as many discover the magic of heels early but only at a later age start some serious heeling. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

It's worth reading the full article and the on-line comments, so far women mostly either condemning high heels or reluctantly admitting that they are not so easy to wear at 50+.

Interesting that the on-line piece is slightly different from that printed in the paper. Especially that the former used metric heights and suggested that women start with 2.5cm at 12 and peak with 13.5cm at 23; the paper said 1" (same) and 5" (= 12.5cm, so lower). Loose writing and probable exaggeration yet again!

The spokesman for Debenhams quoted in the on-line article said that the company is '... certain that there are still many elderly women who still insist in stepping out in super high heels, defying age to trip them up. If so, we'd love to hear from them. Finding out what all of our customers want to wear, regardless of age, is the secret of success in retail.' Perhaps its potential male heel-wearing customers should hold him to that last thought!

Quite right about loose writing. I couldnt help but think soon they would have 'Best before' dates on the bottom of soles or have ages printed on them like baby clothes! ;-)

Quite right! They should come with a note that says something like, "Best if used after age 13 and before summoning undertaker." :w00t2:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

Yes it does last more than fifty years, I was interested in girls shoes from the age of four or five, and still wear girls shoes age fifty seven, but they now have heels. I will carry on in my own sweet way.

Wow, I also started at 5 and Thigh High still published today was the way and today the best feet-strapped open toe pumps are worn by actress Kim Raver at the 2005 Golden Globe red carpet awards and Google those pics...Enjoy, JB