What heel hight do you normally wear?

misterd73

What heel hight do you normally wear?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What heel hight do you normally wear?

• 3" or below
    • 4"
    • 5.5"
    • 6"
    • 7" and above

Although the pole only listed 5.5 heels, rather than 5 inch, I posted that size because most of my everyday heels are at least 4 & 3/4 inch high. Today I've been wearing some Payless babydolls, that have a true 5 inch heel, since early this morning (about eight hours now). They are so comfortable I'll probably stay in them until bedtime. Unless I put on some higher ones! :cry1:

• 1 month later...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is looking for a beautiful pump that is closest to the quality shoes of the good old days I recommend the BCBGirls "NICE" A very sharp point and a perfect shaped heel. I paid full retail but love having them. I saw the last few pairs on the bargain rack recently. It was a sad sight but somebody got a bargain.

I wear nothing below 6" but prefer 7" on a UK9 foot. Have been a heel fetishist since my teens so my feet are well trained to being arched. Luckily my wife supports my fetish and I am encouraged to heel up often. I never miss a chance often spending upto 8 hours a day in my 7" heels, obviously I voted 7", my prefered height.

My average heel height is 61\2" on size 9 feet

Most of my shoes and boots are 3" and under. I do have a couple of pair with 4" heels. One has a 3/4" platform. The other pair has a stiletto heel with a pointy toe. I only wear these infrequently as I tend not to be to steady on that heel height.

5.5'' Would be a bare minimum as i wear heels for fundraising walks to raise money for charitys. for this reason higher is better as the extra height gets more attention especially when worn by a man. these are most likely to have a platform sole of at least 1.5 inches. i intend to (hopefully) walk a full marathon in a couple of years and as yet i have nor decided what heel type to wear. it is most likely to be a 3 to 4'' single sole or thin platform with a padded insole and very good ankle support with a chunky heel. an ideal style would be a pleaser divine 415

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite height is 5". After more than 20 years of part time "stealth" heeling, walking in anything under 4" seems as natural as sneakers (as long as the shoe or boot fits well). I still struggle with anything over 5 1/2". What a difference 1/2" can make!

After my experience this week I must add: Craftsmanship is very important. Having used 4" and 5" inch heels I must say that a well built shoe can be easy to walk in 5" and an other one dreadful with only 3". I believe Dr. Shoe will second me on this. Of course: practice makes the master...

• 3 weeks later...

I voted for 4" as I think that is my preference at the moment, being quite new to wearing heels. I just bought some 3.5" heel ankle boots today which are going to be my public heeling shoes for a while till I'm used to them, then I hope to go higher.

I went for 3" reaso being that what I wear when street heeling. I think the public much more willing to accept a man at those heights than say tottering around In 5" stelleito pumps. Plus at 3" can still maintain a some what manley walk or pose even im stelitos. If we are to be truley accepted then I think we should start small and build up. In private though 4 and 5 " are a hell of alot of fun :smile:

My favorite height is 5". After more than 20 years of part time "stealth" heeling, walking in anything under 4" seems as natural as sneakers (as long as the shoe or boot fits well). I still struggle with anything over 5 1/2". What a difference 1/2" can make!

I know what you mean. I just purged some high heels recently and I don't even have a pair now with less than a 4" high heel. I wear 5" high heels most of the time when I wear high heels in public. I don't wear 6" high heels in public any more. I just don't walk that good in them or at a good enough of a pace in them for me.

It depends how much I want to be noticed. anything below 2" isn't really noticable under trousers. I have been wearing 3 inch cone heals around town lately and I don't think many people notice anyway. 4" stilettos are my favorite though, I wear them where I don't expect to run into anyone, but the funny thing is, I always get into conversation with people when I do!

Didn't vote....no 5" choice available.... I do very well all day in 5" heels everywhere I go. Just recently I started wearing 6" heels out and about, what a difference! In a two block distance I had to stop and let my calves relax four times before continuing. The trip back was more relaxed and I did much better. I probably should have stretched and limbered up before doing it. Thanks Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

• 5 months later...

As I don't wear heels *normally* everyday, I voted 7+. But I would never be able to wear them all day :) And 7" are just possible because I wear US14 :)

You might try some other heel heights and see if you enjoy them as much as the 7" high heels.

You might try some other heel heights and see if you enjoy them as much as the 7" high heels.

Yeah I also wear other heights. 5" Pleasers, comfortable to wear. But as I either way don't wear heels all day, I use most of the time I can spend in heels in 7" heels, and thats just fine. I just couldn't wear them all day...

As an asthmatic, I could not walk a mile in or out of any kind of shoes, without getting very out of breath, and having an asthma attack; however I recall as a child wearing 3-4in platforms/heels as dress-up at an activity centre for over 40 mins at a time, so although now I only wear 2in cowboy boots I should be able to manage higher. Now if only 5in heel cowboy boots were cheaper....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My every day wear for work is 2 inch boots and less, since I have to wear safety toe stuff for work. After work it would be tennis shoes for comfort, but for outings it is my 3.5" heel Cowboy boots. I have been out in a pair of 4.5 inch stilletto sandals last January while out of town for business in the Tacoma WA area, and while click-clacking around alone at the mall and at Target and a few other stores, had a few looks but no negative reactions. Have ordered a new pair of 4.5 inch heel Cowboy boots and hope to master those for the special outings, as they are definitely less conspicuous than stillettos, and while I love "heeling" I can not do it regularly in "non-male looking" shoes in the tiny town I live in, as it would be literally devastating for my family, so I am content with an occasional out of town "fling", and my Cowboy boots.

Tightlevisandhhboots

Please share your source for 3 1/2 - 4 1/2" heel boots. I guess your avatar is one of those pair. I tried Frye without luck.

Thanks in advance,

UpBy5 (central VA)