What heel hight do you normally wear?

misterd73

What heel hight do you normally wear?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What heel hight do you normally wear?

• 3" or below
    • 4"
    • 5.5"
    • 6"
    • 7" and above

I have been wearing boots with 3 inch heels almost continously for months so I thought I would try moving up a bit. I found some boots with a heel nearly 4 inches high on ebay! Surprisingly, they are very comfortable, so I have moved up in the world!!

post-15661-133522890599_thumb.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wearing boots with 3 inch heels almost continously for months so I thought I would try moving up a bit. I found some boots with a heel nearly 4 inches high on ebay! Surprisingly, they are very comfortable, so I have moved up in the world!!

Bravo to you on your fabulous outfit! It looks great!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see I'm not the only boot lover here. All of my boots are between 3-5 inches in stiletto height. I tend to lose interest in anything lower or higher then that range. I think heels about 4-5 inch high have the most sex appeal to me. Not sure what others think about this.

Glad to see I'm not the only boot lover here. All of my boots are between 3-5 inches in stiletto height. I tend to lose interest in anything lower or higher then that range. I think heels about 4-5 inch high have the most sex appeal to me. Not sure what others think about this.

You are definately not the only boot lover here, and I agree, the higher the heel, the better.:)

I've just started wearing heels so i begin with "only" 3 inches block heels...

That's a great way to start. If you look, you might be able to find some shoes/boots wth 4" block heels, if you want to work up to that height before moving over to stilletto heels.

That's a great way to start. If you look, you might be able to find some shoes/boots wth 4" block heels, if you want to work up to that height before moving over to stilletto heels.

Thanks jwhite44!

I totally agree with you, the harder is to resist not buying stiletto boots:w00t2:

As I type this message i'm wearing my boots:smile:

All between 3"-4" for me. I just don't find the higher ones comfortable yet.

If you had an issue with lower heights, I'd say maybe the shoes themselves (independent of their height) don't have a good fit. I take a sz 13, which has practically no selection. However if you take a common women's size (6-10), I'm sure there shoes or boots with 4"+ heels that are designed well, and might even feel better than lower height heels.

However if you take a common women's size (6-10), I'm sure there shoes or boots with 4"+ heels that are designed well, and might even feel better than lower height heels.

Some people find it hard to believe that a higher heeled shoe feels more comfortable. It depends on the person and the shape and size of their feet.

so far 4" or a 3.5 to 4" difference, mostly because i've tried using 3" high heels and they don't feel tha same, i kind of like to feel the way my feet arches with that height, but still can walk comfortably, haven't tried higher difference in height.

I've been sticking pretty close to the house for the past several weeks and have been wearing my black pumps with 6" heels, that I purchased from BurlesqueBlue last winter, for 9 to 12 hours every day. A couple of nights ago, I awoke early in the morning with painful leg cramps. I got out of bed and walked up and down the hallway a couple of times until the cramps abated -- only to have them comeback when I settled down in bed again. My wife, suggested that I put on a pair of heels and get back into bed. I went to the closet and put on a pair of slides with 4" heels and got back into to bed. Sure enough, I slept the remainder of the night without further difficulty. Now, I've been wearing high heels for at least 50 of my 53 years and I've never experienced having cramps like this. Granted 6" heels are higher than I normally wear for this length of time at a stretch, but even more surprising to me was that the cramps disappeared as soon as I put on a pair of heels. Has anyone else ever experienced this phenomenon ?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

To your question: no Cramps can be caused by nutritional problems as well as putting on a pair of heels. I would google 'night time leg cramps' before I got to worried about heels being the cause. I also wear my 6" heels around the house in the morning while fixing breakfast til I go to work, and when I get home til I hit the hay. I wear my 5" heels most weekends when my wife and I go out shopping or dinner or the movies or..... Take Care Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

Bubba,

You could also try wearing full support pantyhose. The compression will energize your legs and improve circulation, getting more oxygen to the leg muscles. A lot of guys on the Legwear as Unisex Fashion forum (the hosiery equivalent to hhplace.org more or less) have stated that compression legwear has put an end to their leg cramps at night.

I wear heels to bed (and often pantyhose, too). But I can't wear pumps - they make my feet too hot and I have to take them off. Sandals are perfect for me. Three to four inches is the right heel height for me. I have never experienced nightly leg cramps myself, but my wife has, and I know how painful they can be for her. I'm close to getting her to try the support pantyhose route, but I'm not there yet.

Good luck.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

My every day wear for work is 2 inch boots and less, since I have to wear safety toe stuff for work. After work it would be tennis shoes for comfort, but for outings it is my 3.5" heel Cowboy boots. I have been out in a pair of 4.5 inch stilletto sandals last January while out of town for business in the Tacoma WA area, and while click-clacking around alone at the mall and at Target and a few other stores, had a few looks but no negative reactions. Have ordered a new pair of 4.5 inch heel Cowboy boots and hope to master those for the special outings, as they are definitely less conspicuous than stillettos, and while I love "heeling" I can not do it regularly in "non-male looking" shoes in the tiny town I live in, as it would be literally devastating for my family, so I am content with an occasional out of town "fling", and my Cowboy boots. Tightlevisandhhboots

As I wear heels between 2.5" & 3" almost every day, I selected 3" or lower, but then again I probably don't count because these shoes are made and marketed at men, whereas I get the impression that we are really talking about shoes made and marketed at women. Simon

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

While it is most often not my intent to purchase 4" heels, most shoes advertised as 3" heels, by the time you get to a size 12, end up being about 4". So I voted for 4", though for the most part the shoes I purchase are advertised as being 3.5" or so.

While it is most often not my intent to purchase 4" heels, most shoes advertised as 3" heels, by the time you get to a size 12, end up being about 4". So I voted for 4", though for the most part the shoes I purchase are advertised as being 3.5" or so.

As you get into larger sizes of high heels, the heel is higher many times than the advertised height. Some mail order places even point this out in their ads.

• 1 month later...

Out and about, cowboy boots with 2" to 3 & 1/2" heels... I have several pair, both men's and women's in that height range.. Around the house I'll occasionally wear 4" to 6" heels.. I have one pair of boots with a 4" heel that I really like and would wear out and about, but they are just tooo loud..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.