Music thread

It seems as though this general chat of sorts has been severely lacking of one of the greatest things about life: music.

So, there is no real format for this. How about everyone name a few bands they like/have been listening to and what they're currently listening to.

And, if you wanna say something else, go for it. Just keep it about music. ;-)

What I've Been Listening To:

Fall Out Boy

Panic at the Disco

The Cab

Relentless7

Bright Eyes

Shocking Pinks

Gatsbys American Dream

What I'm Currently Listening To:

Relentless7 http://www.relentless7.com/

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

I'm mainly an 80's/Japanese music fan, so my mainstays are usually: Nina Hagen Siouxsie and the Banshees Lene Lovich Toyah The Cure The Smiths Mari Iijima Princess Princess Shona Laing T.a.t.u I could keep going, but the list is very very lengthy - needless to say, my tastes are pretty widespread.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Just like mine. I'll name a few bands I listen to [mostly gothic rock, darkwave, industrial, dark ambient]: Bauhaus The Sisters of Mercy Lacrimosa Dead Can Dance Laibach Die Verbannten Kinder Evas XIII stoleti Laibach Einsturzende Neubauten Elend Joy Division Raison d'Etre Desiderii Marginis :wumpscut: Psyclon Nine Heimataerde Hocico Ultravox Metallica Opeth ...and a whole lot more.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

stuffs: I've really been meaning to listen to them. I've heard bits and pieces of their new album and it sounds pretty good. And, elegant, I love joy division.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

Haha. Nice. I like to lookup random bands on myspace music (good place to do that whether or not you like myspace or not) and listen to their stuff. You can find a lot of unknown gems that way.

I love 60s & 70s surf & rock music myself! I love to dance to "rock & roll part 2" in my avitar boots (they are after all my "kiss boots");-)

I love 60s & 70s surf & rock music myself! I love to dance to "rock & roll part 2" in my avitar boots (they are after all my "kiss boots");-)

That's rad man.

Does anyone like Bright Eyes and/or Neutral Milk Hotel? (really indie bands)

• 2 weeks later...

That is definitely a lot of variety. ... Does anyone like Interpol? I just fell in love with them all over again. They're soooo good.

this week:

j j cale and eric clapton

animotion

brain wilson

theoretical downfall - go to myspace and listen, and offer to sign them

quo... of course

seaL

andreas vollenveider - electric harpsichord, go to youtube, menta e rosmarino live (with zucchero - amazing)

mylene farmer - you must see youtube live at bercy 2006 - same age as madonna but way better, join my facebook site to get her to come to england....

glen campbell - new album, so well produced

lliy allen - new album

philip glass - 1000 airplanes on the roof

please listen !!!!

I listened to theoretical downfall and I'm no longer into death metal (is that how you would describe them?) but being able to look at them in a light when I used to I know that they are pretty good. And I really like Lily Allen. I need to pick up her new album.... <.< ... People should listen to The Gaslight Anthem. They're bluesy rock 'n' roll with a modern flare.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes I like to listen to metal, but I generally prefer batcave / deathrock, coldwave, darkwave, industrial, dark electro, gothic rock etc. Anyway, I like e.g. Limbonic Art, Aborym, Opeth, Katatonia, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, old Metallica and some others.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Some good moments - really good, in fact - but still think they're a bit derivative of Iggy Pop, Bowie, Joy Division and many others that went before. Thought the last album saw them open up the sound a bit - liked Mammoth and Pace is The Trick. Still think Magazine are the most interesting band of the last 30 years indie-wise - fantastic reunion gigs. I'd waited all my life for those! SM

I am a general fan of all types of music, save extreme heavy metal, and country. Right now i am addicted to Depeche Modes new album "Sounds of the universe". Gosh i can't wait for them to come in concert. (I grew up listening to pretty much only them, they are a part of my life, lol)

Lol am I the sole metalhead here?

Doesn't seem quite so. I like mostly metal too. My favorites are Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Yngwie Malmsteen, Dragonforce, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Helloween, and some others. When working, i'm often listening the Metal Express internet radio http://www.metalexpressradio.com. But i also like some other kinds of music: songbirds, classical, choir, latino, folk :winkiss:

Happy Heeling,

k6ps

Nice k6ps! I see you favor melodic and neo-classical heavy metal. As you have seen, I'm more on the "dark side" of metal (black, speed, death). :winkiss: I love old 60-70 rock (Hendrix, Zeppelin, Floyd, The Doors, Deep Purple, etc...). I love music made in Québec (Mononc' Serge, les Cowboys Fringants, Malajube...) I love old classics (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Paganini, etc...). I couln't live without music... and more and more could not live without heels! Happy heeling everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about picking up the Doves' latest album. How is it? ... I went to amoeba music (HUGE record store in hollywood) and I bought: The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (self titled album) Come Around --- Sing It Loud (band on the right) The first is sort of a post-punk revival sound reminiscent of the 90's indie movement with distorted fuzzy power chords, quite melancholy singing backed by a rather upbeat poppy sound. The latter is just your standard modern punk/indie rock sound, but don't let that fool you; they're a great band.