MEN ...get out there!!!

mikeheel

I wore these boots all around London two weeks ago. This picture is me on the escalator in Selfridges in Oxford St. I had three comments all day, two from women one from a man, all really complimentary. I can assure all men that an androgenous look can work fine. I was not heckled by anyone in London, not even kids. Come on ....go with a girlfriend too and why should anyone 'bat an eyelid' .....people want to see this kind of thing in London (new fashion and unashamed statements)...it's what they come for!! M

post-4480-13352288049_thumb.jpg

post-4480-133522880508_thumb.jpg

You won't get me wearing flat shoes...I really can't do it.

Good for you Mikeheel, those boots are really stylish, they cant have been comfortable though all day could they?, they are soo high. Like Chris, I was wondering where they are from.

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new.

Thank you for all the kind comments. I had no problems at all that day. They are made by Costas at Leatherworks, I visited his operation, bought the boots and went on my way. I was in them for about 7 hours. They are size 9 and the heel is 5.75 inch which is fine for me as my feet are adapted to very high heels. If anyone wants to know the secret it is this: ONLY WEAR HEELS... YES...ALL THE TIME, EVEN IF THEY ARE ONLY 3 INCHES HIGH, but keep changing to different heights. you need to keep some kind of support, and slowly you develop muscles and control. regards M

Mikeheel -

Those are great looking boots, and the overall outfit is also well done! I am surprised you didn’t raise more than a few eyebrows but delighted that the comments you got were positive. ;-)

Thighboots with heels on a guy in public... what a novel idea. :w00t2:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Mike, you just inspired me to try to do the same, but unfortunately i dont have the guts to do so hahahahaha,......thinking something crazy..........next time i will go biz trip at a place i dont know anybody I will put on my t h boots and do the same, hopefully, .... in you pics, it looks that everybody from your back were staring so so bad, but with this discovering and courious look, not disqualifying at all, ....think is very good and positive.....looks so exciting at the escalator, wow, the person behing you must be wishing to be inside those boots, male or female.....is it possible that men that never experience putting a high heel shoe on can be inspired to become a heeler fan wearer just by spoting in public another guy in heels? could that be possible? to become one instantaneously, like love at a first sight? good job mike

V. Morpho

Well I suppose it boils down to this:- If you are going to be accused of something you might as well go and do it !! hence If you are going to wear heels as a man better make the most of the situation and wear something 'full-on'. I did not want to look like a girl...that is not the point...I just like wearing heels same as any other person who likes wearing heels. Come on ......MEN GET OUT THERE !!! M

Great pics. It appears like the lady in the background is getting a good look but the rest of the people don't look like they even notice. ;-) By the way, are you wearing a wig or did you just disguise your face?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Mike, they are fantastic boots and your outfit is really classy. I love your coat and the scarf compliments it so well. You are to be congratulated, repsected and admired for going out dressed as you please. I envy you but in a nice way. A few questions for curiosity's sake... Who took the pictures of you? Did anyone say anything to you? Where there any highlights, apart from looking a million dollars?!! Respect!!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Mike, really I wish also to have the balls to do that, wow, i could feel the excitment just by imagining being in you awsome boots, in that specific moment at that specific situation just like if right now i close my eyes and then I appear weaaring those boots exactly there and turning my head and just checking out that bals guy comming toward me and left looking that lady staring at my boots, wow, man Shout it aloud : Men..... get out there!!!!!!!!!!! more pics? a video maybe?

V. Morpho

Morpho, It sounds like you need to 'get out there' right now. There is not much of a rush for me as I wear heels so much, but It is super when I get a compliment, which is more than you would think. I get as much heckling as anyone in these kind of boots....male or female....They kind of 'go beyond' the gender issue BECAUSE they are so in-your-face-fantastic and people see and wonder at the boots, if they are interested. They are not girly ...remember that I am not cross dressing, or in pink strappy sandals. Let me know what you think. M

I wore these boots all around London two weeks ago. This picture is me on the escalator in Selfridges in Oxford St. I had three comments all day, two from women one from a man, all really complimentary.

I can assure all men that an androgenous look can work fine. I was not heckled by anyone in London, not even kids. Come on ....go with a girlfriend too and why should anyone 'bat an eyelid' .....people want to see this kind of thing in London (new fashion and unashamed statements)...it's what they come for!!

M

I wish I could fully espress my admiration for you:pulsingheart:

mikeheel - Why haven't I seen you about in London before? I must get my eyes tested because how could I not spot a sharp outfit like yours amongst the crowds of the city. You've got style! ;-)

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Morpho, It sounds like you need to 'get out there' right now.

There is not much of a rush for me as I wear heels so much, but It is super when I get a compliment, which is more than you would think. I get as much heckling as anyone in these kind of boots....male or female....They kind of 'go beyond' the gender issue BECAUSE they are so in-your-face-fantastic

and people see and wonder at the boots, if they are interested.

They are not girly ...remember that I am not cross dressing, or in pink strappy sandals.

Let me know what you think.

M

Thanks Mike, Is true indeed I need to go out there and everywhere at least once, I feel so tempted all the time when I go home from work or I walk the streets alone or with my wife or friends, I am just looking for heels around me, so I can see if I could do that one day, I always say to my self ...If I where wearing heels now what does that man or woman (assuming that someone is infront of me) would say or how would react, in any case who cares I know but there is something that is not letting me do that for some reason and I cannot overcome and it doesnt let me to understand that is not the end of the world, as I could see in you pics

I think, that you probably have enought confidence to do what you do in a regular basis becasue is part of you life and also your area is very tolerant.

Also if I could have a friend to do the same then it wont be that much challenge since i would feel im not alone and the atention is shared, but rememebr no one in this world knows that i like to wear heels. One day i will or maybe I have to go to England to join some of you guys to do all that, since where I live I always meet someone at the street, or at the mall,everywhere.

Maybe a good Therapy would be to go with the style of your boots, to see a game manchester united vs arsenal, and challenge all the looks and opinions who cares. maybe if the boots where in red it could work better for that purpose.

V. Morpho

Thanks for the interest every one but i would like to get a few points straight: I do not live in a tolerant area, in my opinion there is no such thing. It is possible that one is more likely to see people 'doing their own thing' in certain parts of London and other cities because there is a 'Bohemian' atmosphere. I do not seek out such places as part of my everyday life. Every man, woman, boy, girl on this planet is free to wear any type of footwear, anywhere and at anytime so long as floors are not damaged in the process. Wearing high heeled shoes or boots is an harmless pastime that should be encouraged, if necessary, to demonstrate LIBERTY. Surely stable and wholesome societies are not founded on conventions regarding clothing. M