388 members have voted

1. 1. Pink Heel's for men?

• Yes They Can
    • Yes but only for home
    • Yes but only with rigth outfit
    • Only in Bed
    • Im not to trilled with the idea
    • They should stay away from pink heel's

I am in favor of yours, or any one else's, right not to wear pink or any other color of footwear that is not in your list of desires, because it is the choice you have made from who you are and the social environment we live in. Your opinion is also duly noted in the cause for male heeling acceptance. However, it seems hiding the fact that wearing pink could also be part of our choices after we gain social acceptance, is a bit deceitful and would only cause more concerns to be raised as to the ultimate objectives men wearing high heels want to persue.

I also understand there is an increasing undercurrented attitude, even in this forum, to stay away from stilettoed footwear, because their extremely feminine appearance does not help promote the acceptance of male heeling. This may be or may not be the reason men are finding more opposition to becoming accepted heelers. As a staunch wearer of high heels, excluding stiletto heels for male heeling would be just as bad as denying women the right to wear jeans because jeans have a "manly" appearance.

I have nothing against men wearing pink heels. I own a few myself but would never wear them in public do to the fact that they simply look to fem. On the other hand, I don't think you can compare a woman wearing jeans, which is considered (normal), to a man in pink heels. As for stilettos, there are quite a lot of men, including myself here that has worn them in public without any ridicule at all but I do understand where your coming from Histiletto. Just my opinion.

real men wear heels

Actually johnieheel, we are pretty much on the same page in our concerns about male heeling acceptance, but I would rather include the wearing of pink and any other color in any type of high heel as part of the total package in selling the idea of male heeling. To do otherwise would cause some to still be ostracized for having the audacity of being different. Isn't this the idea of returning the right to choose ones own adornment (in this case: footwear), part of getting back to realizing the multifaceted personality traits of each individual. The present social catagorizing of people is so vague and general that anyone could fit the qualifications of most any grouping. The obvious exception that has been used to separate human being is their progenitive features, which determines functions, not personality traits and still shouldn't exclude them from exercizing their rights to choose their own adornment.

Have to agree with all that Histiletto. I suppose, depending on my mood, be it BOLD for the day, I would probably venture out in pink heels if there were more men out in heels and if it were not so uncommon.

I believe there are a lot of men who would either try it or really want to but because of what there friends or girl friends might think, they are locked in there box like so many of us were before we came here.

real men wear heels

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to go for it then sure but I think you would need some creative thinking for what to wear with it so they didn't look too out of place with everything else going on. The same goes for women wearing pink shoes, they can look really strange if the outfit doesn't fit them. I doubt I would ever be so bold as to do it though unless it all becomes really mainstream.

i think it's ok, as long as they go along with what you're wearing.

i agree... if it's looks good and you can pull it off (the look and the confidence).... then all the power for anyone able to wear them out..... i suppose the same forwoen.... not all women can pull off a pair of pink heels (even though they would be lessridicule than a guy)....

I think pink is ok, as long as it matches everything else, but a no no for me. Black, brown and dark blue I think is best, goes well with jeans.

life is not a rehearsal

First of all I think that men wearing heels in general is forward thinking and breaks the boundaries between men and women. Why should color create a boundary? If you are going to cross the so called social bounds by wearing heels why let color dictate a boundary. I say if you are working to break boundaries and change social perceptions dont pass on that perfect pair just because of color. Go for it and do what we do best, enjoy a great pair of shoes. Thanks

I quite agree with what Kris says. We are trying to break down the boundaries of men wearing heels in public as part of their daily fashion, then why would we want to put boundaries on choice of color, or any boundaries of any kind for that matter? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can not think of a reason why not, if you are going to wear High Heels why worry about the colour the only suggestion would be that it formed part of an outfit and did not jar with the rest of the colours worn

What ever happened to psychedelic coloring? Now that was some way out stuff that one could almost wear every flouresant color there is for one outfit. I couldn't really dig it, because it wasn't my thing and it seamed to combine surrealism and Picasso's sense of formative realness along with black lighting, but it was popular in some brain-numbing circles. Wow Kris, when you're right... let's get heeling in our pink stilettos and get it on.

Pink is such an ugly colour - even for girls! Stick to bright red patent with the right accessories or black or dark blue if you dont like people staring. I do!

I wish you well in your preferences of colours that you want to attire with. The black, red, brown, olive greens, and dark blue patents and/or leathers for footwear fit into the social stereotype of the male interest. Now, I really do agree with you that in some circumstances every colour could be considered ugly, at least from one's point of view. I have a personal dislike for the colour of yellowish to graying green. Nature uses it a lot, so it a very common color, but I choose too ignore it whenever possible. It's just not me, but occasionally someone will use it and it completes their ensemble very nicely. So the use of colours has limits.

However, attiring is a very personal right of one's agency that is constantly violated. Having the opportunity to choose from all the options available should be left for each individual according to what each one desires, instead of the various levels of fashion experts and critics. I may not like their choices for what ever reason, but I'm not them or their appareling overseer and obviously they are not me. I'm sure that brings you some degree of comfort, as it does me. Then again, what if I do like their choice. It's still up to me whether to imitate or make some adjustments for my appearance, which may include the wearing of pink heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Pink either pastel or bold- what a colour. I wear pink lots both the pastel and bolder shades and glad to see it is quite available in the UK, or has been in the last year. Really makes a statement too as well as being a really good colour for a man. But, I have never liked lighter coloured footwear for men. I guess I'm a bit to classical in my colour taste. So for me, NO to pink shoes/heels.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I voted yes, with the appropriate outfit. I too have worn a pink shirt with a black suit, but I wore black patent leather high heels. I don't see anything wrong with a man who is confident enough to wear pink high heels, even though pink is usually associated with being a "female" color. Just for kicks and grins, if I had a pair of pink high heels< just once I would wear it with my pink shirt and black suit just to see what reactions I would get.

Actually Ron, I think that would be a very nice look! I would do it for sure. Buth then again, you get into all of that stuff about matching the pinks, etc. However, I say "go for it!"

Style is built from the ground up!

Actually Ron, I think that would be a very nice look! I would do it for sure. Buth then again, you get into all of that stuff about matching the pinks, etc. However, I say "go for it!"

I agree wholeheartedly! I think that a soft, matte, pastel pink would work best and not be so, well, obstrusive as say, hot pink. Here's an example from the Sexy Shoes website:

Posted Image

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Wow, I would love to buy that pair right now but I do not own a credit card...

Send them a postal money order for the cost of the shoes plus the postage.;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I never done that before but i will give it a try

Go to Sexy Shoe's website and download and print out the order form. From the online catalog, gather all of the information concerning your shoes -- style, catalog number, color and size,-- and complete the order form. After you calculate the cost of the shoes and the postage, go to a U. S. Post Office and ask the clerk for a Postal money order in the correct amount. Once you have it, fill it out with the correct information, including the address to which you want them deliver, put the money order and the order form into another envelope and send it to Sexy Shoes. You should get them within a week or so.

I have several pairs that I've ordered from them and always found their service to be top notch.

Enjoy them. And, if you don't like them or they're not a good fit, return them. They will exchange them if the shoes don't show any signs of wear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.