388 members have voted

1. 1. Pink Heel's for men?

• Yes They Can
    • Yes but only for home
    • Yes but only with rigth outfit
    • Only in Bed
    • Im not to trilled with the idea
    • They should stay away from pink heel's

What's your opinion of men wearing Pink Heel's. If possible post detailed state ment. My own opinion: I think they can be worn by men but they must be really carefull what they wear them with, and probaly should not wear them if they want to hide the heel's cuase pink can and will be seen.

Here's my opinion and I will hedge it a bit. I voted for "yes" simply because if a guy wants to wear pink heels, then he should. However, I seriously doubt too many guys would ever choose to do so in a public setting. I regurally wear pink shirts and who knows, I may feel compelled to match my shirt and shoes. The major drawback for pink shoes is that pink is the ultimate feminine color. A guy wearing heels (feminine shoes) may be a bit too much. But if he wants too (and can look good doing it) why the heck not.

Style is built from the ground up!

I'd say go for it. Anyone who is daring enough to wear pink heels is secure enough in their ability to do so. They should put them with right rest of the outfit for best results though, but that is ultimately their choice.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Pink heels for men? My reply to this is, YES together with the right outfirt. Me I´m wearing pink heels a lot. Wearing pink heels and a black, gery or navy bule skirt looks very nice. Matching my pink heels with a pink shirt, blouse, top or a turle neck and light coloured nude hose. It looks very nice. Chaio

I really think a guy in heels is going far, but is fun and exciting ...but... a guy in pink shoes, and even heels, is out of place and somwhat ridiculous, but if you like them on you then go for it, i already said why i should be wearing them. I dont like them on me. Sometimes depending the shoe it looks funny on women already.

V. Morpho

Pink shirts are not at all uncommon these days. LeBron James wore on with a suit on the cover of the most recent issue of GQ, and he looked good. Pink shoes? That would make for one hell of a stretch for a guy, such shoes would have to be part of just the right sort of outfit for just the right sort of societal setting. Hell, I don't even see many women wearing pink, for guys to stroll around in them would be eyepopping in more ways than one. Admittedly, I don't know if even I would wear pink shoes. But I wouldn't disparage anyone else if they chose to be that bold.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Pink shoes? That would make for one hell of a stretch for a guy, such shoes would have to be part of just the right sort of outfit for just the right sort of societal setting. ....... Admittedly, I don't know if even I would wear pink shoes. But I wouldn't disparage anyone else if they chose to be that bold.

How quickly one forgets! :w00t2: I remember a well dressed, well coordinated young fellow that used to wear some very striking outfits to work in days gone by. The red shirts, dark blue pants and red shoes, sitting in his cubical with a huge smile on his face. And who can ever forget those lime green "jobbies" he showed up wearing one day? While some might say that the color stuck out like a bunch of sore thumbs, because of the way he coordinated his outfit tended to neutralize the flamboyance and unusual aspect of a man at work wearing unusual color womans shoes. :grin:;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

How quickly one forgets! :w00t2: I remember a well dressed, well coordinated young fellow that used to wear some very striking outfits to work in days gone by. The red shirts, dark blue pants and red shoes, sitting in his cubical with a huge smile on his face. And who can ever forget those lime green "jobbies" he showed up wearing one day? While some might say that the color stuck out like a bunch of sore thumbs, because of the way he coordinated his outfit tended to neutralize the flamboyance and unusual aspect of a man at work wearing unusual color womans shoes. :grin:;-)

Good Lord! You remember more about by semi-notorious past that I do! HA! How on earth could I forget that day when I wore those lime green pumps at work! Not to mention red, white, brown, even turquoise! Yeah, I was certainly a bold and daring fellow back in the day! Double HA! Thanks for the trip down memory lane, my friend!

If we run are lives by what others perceive for us, are we developing who we are? So pink isn't in your color wheel of preferences. It happens to be in mine. I don't care for the color of olive green. You have to eliminate it out of your choices by the same logic. The list of likes and dislikes vary with each of us. Come to think of it, the closest idea we have for comparing the same things are the two individuals who began life as identical twins. Even they don't always make the same selections all the time, even though they may make a conscious effort to do so. I've been thinking about this coordinating fashion subject, also. We, as a society, has been taught to put way to much emphasis on following the fashion tends or experts. They tend to follow the rules they heap upon the world for the season they deem important, but next season the rules could change to make this season's "must haves" obsolete. Following trends can give you a broader perspective, but they never focus on each individual's personality. The smart ones pick and choose the things they identify with as being extensions of who they are, out of the array of selections per season.

Pink shirts are not uncommon, and a fellow I used to work with wore pink suits! And he was an executive, though not at the top. Pretty wild.

A pink suit! I would wear a pink suit for sure. I had a really great one in purple in the early 1990's. Would love more color variety in men's clothing in general.

Style is built from the ground up!

Good Lord! You remember more about by semi-notorious past that I do! HA! How on earth could I forget that day when I wore those lime green pumps at work! Not to mention red, white, brown, even turquoise! Yeah, I was certainly a bold and daring fellow back in the day! Double HA! Thanks for the trip down memory lane, my friend!

I would bet that a search of the hhplace archives would find all of those pictures of that era, Jeff, :w00t2:;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

seriously, i don't think the colour of the heels is stopping me from wearing the... it's the general acceptance of male wearing heels that's stopping me... if i can wear heels freely as a male, i would have no issue wearing a pink pair... in fact i would have a pair of every colour possible ;-)

I wore a pink shirt with black pants and black shoes years ago without incident to work regularly. But that was when I was young and foolish and didn't give a care. I haven't done that since.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I still wear a pink (bright) shirt on occasion to work or to church and have pink ties to coordinate with it or wear with something else - it is quite acceptable.

It's all about the heel!

I guess I have no interest in the color pink at all, and that is probably skewing my opinion on the subject, as I would never wear pink. I guess if you are comfortable in it, that can't be too much of a stretch from what most of us are doing anyway. I guess I am just more comfortable in more earth tones and seek clothing and shoes in that realm. So, how can any of us say a certain color article is wrong for someone else to wear is beyond me when we all seem to be pushing the limits of accepted fashion in one way or another.

I have never worn pink heels, but went to a wedding wearing a black suit with a very pink tie, while my wife wore a black dress with a pink stripe and pink heels. I voted for in bed only, because I think pink is just too feminine for a guy to pull off in public, but after reading some of the comments, i feel that they can if they want to, but I won't be any time soon.

Pink would be damn hard for men to pull off when it comes to shoes, but I think it could be done. Perhaps an outfit that features a pink dress shirt, black dress pants, a matching blazer and the aforementioned shoes. For certain, such and outfit would be an enormous attention getter in public, but the possibilities do exist for someone strong enough to give it a try.

IMHO if the overall outfit works with pink heels, then its no different than wearing shoes of any other color. Its just about making the whole look balanced regardless of the color of the different pieces of clothing.

Well, I did it. I went and got myself a pair of Hollywood Heels "Shameless" sandals...in pink! Now, I'll readily admit the reasoning for it is how very nice they looked on our Pata. BUT, can't wait to do a video of them soon. FTR, it's not a color I could really pull off on a day-to-day outfit, but I love the color.

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I won't say they aren't for guys, but will say that they're not my style. I prefer the understated elegance look, but that's just me. If you can pull it off, go for it. Some people have the sort of outrageous personality that would make pink footwear seem like just an extension to the exuberance.

I have no doubts about wearing pink heels.

See an old post:

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/5569-my_collection_pink_hh_sandals.html

Since them, I´ve added at least 4 new pairs of pink heels, althoug just for indoors.

By the way, I'm straight and don't think that pink heels are more gayish than other colors heels.

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

NO, Not in public! We, I assume, as men, are trying to get the public to except us wearing heels without ridicule, etc, and wearing pink heels I believe just adds fuel to the fire. One step at a time. Now if your a man in a kirt, I guess it would be ok.

real men wear heels

The idea of men in any high heels has already got the social stigma that they are breaking into women's only optional wear. However, heels are just another choice in footwear (all though, more sculpted and eye pleasing) that has become unfairly limited to the feminine wardrobe by the social misconception concerning human personalities and behaviors. Colors have also been unjustly designated to different attributes, when in reality the beauty of color is available to all and can be seen as the eye beholds it. Any boundaries on these two ideas are man-made and subject to revamping. Another example of diverse social concepts is the various thinking about what hell is. Most civilizations consider hell to be a place where fires continually burn, but there is also the concept that it is a place of extreme cold. Still another thought has a person trapped in a confined existence. How about an existence where the only thing a person has of any value is their soul, but the concepts of pleasure or relationships is only memories and is no longer available? It's all in the way you have come to perceive it. The concept of heaven also varies and it's more enriching to dwell on ones exaltation rather than the damnation. Our society has been duped into thinking real men don't have it in their nature to wear high heels and bar the thought they could even consider liking and wearing pink or any pastels for that matter. Maybe we can't change this social attitude overnight, but to hide or limit a person's agency, because their choices conflict with the social perception is as much an injustice as any of the social abuses that take away personal rights to choose and be free.

You can elaborate on this subject of should men wear pink heels in public all you want but I believe there are some things that should be left to the girls and pink shoes are one. Has nothing to do with Heaven or hell or do you prefer ford over chevy. IT'S NOT A SIENTIFIC EQUASION.

real men wear heels