388 members have voted

1. 1. Pink Heel's for men?

• Yes They Can
    • Yes but only for home
    • Yes but only with rigth outfit
    • Only in Bed
    • Im not to trilled with the idea
    • They should stay away from pink heel's

I had these taken by a friend of mine at work tonight, and really wish the quality was better, but just didn't have my real camera with me - dangit.

Anyway....this is my "pink day oufit" at work with my black slacks and black denim jacket. Enjoy!

Yep! The shoes are pink, alright! :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Shockqueen-) Pink and black go well together on you. No question that those shoes are pink and pointy. On you you pull that outfit off very well. The people that you work with don't mind your style of dressing? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, I'm treated no differently than before, aside from being able to talk about a LOT more things with my female co-workers than before, since they know I'm into this sort of thing now, even though they don't know that I've done this for a long time (aside from letting them know I've been practicing in heels for a very long time now). :) It's been a very rewarding and uplifting experience!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I love the outfit and especially the pink high heels. It sounds like the women have really accepted you and the fashions you wear. Are there any men in the office and do any of them give you any hassle? P.S. I would love to come to work dressed like that.

There are a lot of men, including my supervisor, my manager, and the VP of operations - none of them have said anything bad at all - it doesn't even come up in conversation - just another day at the office. The only one who has said anything just asked me if my feet ever hurt wearing them, to which I replied that after as many years as I've worn them, I really don't notice much anymore, but he's cool with it too. I think it's my really good track record of performance there, plus they've seen how I'm happier and it hasn't changed who I am on the inside, so they just leave well enough alone and it's all good!

The other part is, and I've mentioned this elsewhere, is that when I dress to go in, I try to make the complete image look professional with a bit of my own style (well....more than a BIT, I suppose :) ), and that really helps too. I've had a lot of inspiration from members on this site about how to go about that. It was actually a gradual process from just being another bloke in the office to how I look now, so perhaps that gave them time to acclamate and get used to my changes, like I've been posting about on this thread.

Congrats Shockqueen as it sounds like you have found the right combination of office dressing without any hassles or problems. Good for you. Enjoy to the fullest. As long as your output is high they can't say anything about it I guess. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

What I find interesting is that I've gotten compliments from almost as many men as women. It's nice to be able to wear my heels in comfort and be able to spruce up my style in a way that makes me feel better. I guess I'd better get some more heels then! I just ordered a pair of white knee-high Flair-2023's to wear with my jeans - should be awesome.

What I find interesting is that I've gotten compliments from almost as many men as women...

Greetings ShockQueen :-)

Did you get all these compliments from co-workers or from friends / strangers outside work ?

Happy heeling !

Greetings ShockQueen :-)

Did you get all these compliments from co-workers or from friends / strangers outside work ?

Happy heeling !

Ironically enough - from both! It's funny how people like to notice when I approach nowadays, especially in stores. Almost eerily feels a bit like a celebrity status, although I really don't see myself anywhere near that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I upped my pink look today with a nice fancy hot pink blouse top from Walmart that I paired with my pink 4" pumps and black slacks. I thought it looked very sharp, and my colleagues were in total agreement - I think it worked! :-)

For those of you into pink heels, here is a pair my wife is selling. She bought them for an evening out once and never wore them, so they are brand new and pretty hot, I think, but she said they didn't fit her narrow foot well. Her loss could be your gain!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190408837222&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you into pink heels, here is a pair my wife is selling. She bought them for an evening out once and never wore them, so they are brand new and pretty hot, I think, but she said they didn't fit her narrow foot well. Her loss could be your gain!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190408837222&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Steve

That's a nice looking pair of shoes. A little "girly" for most men to wear in public, though. Just my opinion.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

They aren't any more "girly" than many of the heels worn by a good number of this forum's participants. Besides, as we all know, it's one's right to choose whether or not they will wear them.

I agree. I would not wear them though as they are not my cup of tea personally.

They aren't any more "girly" than many of the heels worn by a good number of this forum's participants. Besides, as we all know, it's one's right to choose whether or not they will wear them.

I was speaking about a guy wearing them in public not around the house...and besides I know all about "one's right to choose whether or not they will wear them. " As much as you would like to think i was being critical of Steve, I really wasn't. I look at those shoes and see my exceedingly feminine ("girly") wife all dressed up for a summer Sunday afternoon garden party, wearing that style. And she is a true Southern Bell, if there ever was one.

"Manly"! "Girly"! Both and others like these labels are stereotypes from our social brainwashing. If a person desires that type of attire than it's their look. People will continue to follow the social climate and point their fingers of being offended because they can't think out of the box and realize the real person, man or women, before them. We accept women in any attire as women, why can't we do the same for men. Which one is less of a human being? Or aren't they equal?

"Manly"! "Girly"! Both and others like these labels are stereotypes from our social brainwashing. If a person desires that type of attire than it's their look. People will continue to follow the social climate and point their fingers of being offended because they can't think out of the box and realize the real person, man or women, before them. We accept women in any attire as women, why can't we do the same for men. Which one is less of a human being? Or aren't they equal?

Histiletto, hold your breath until everyone is treated equally. There is, if you haven't already found out (or, someone hasn't told you), such a thing as "reality" and such a thing as wishful thinking. What I don't understand is why people these days believe they can change thousands of years of social thinking in just a few short decades. While men wearing ear rings is "acceptable" by a lot of people, there are still people in the general public that believe that it is wrong. Same as the general public rejects same sex marriage.....

If you look back on the comments posted here addressing the acceptability of men wearing high heels and other items of women's clothing, you will find that 80% of the posters whine about not being "allowed" to wear what ever they choose to wear, where ever they choose to wear it and when ever they choose to wear it. They present themselves as the "victim" of some perceived "injustice" or "slight" by society in general because they are viewed as being "sexually disfunctional" and demanding that everyone get in step with them, because it is the general public that is wrong.

It's all a crock of bullshit. If anyone wants to dress in any manner that is generally unaccepted by everyone else, then they should get on with it and take their lumps when people view them as weird -- even though they don't or mightn't not openly register their disapproval. Example: Thighbootguy and JeffB, amongst others. They don't have any problem going anywhere dressing as they wish and are ready to absorb the slings and arrows of those that might not approve -- because, while I am sure they would rather be looked upon as exceedingly "normal," they are prepared not to be.

Like the man says: "Pay your money and take your choice."

One last comment. If I ever came across a man in public that is as "girly" or "feminine" as my wife, and he is appropriately dressed for matching that pair of shoes, I pity him. Because, he's bound to be viewed negatively by 90% of the "general" population. But, if that's his "thing" and he's comfortable appearing in public dressed that way, then he should, by all means, go for it. And, hope he can carry it off as well as Thighbootguy and JeffB. But, he certainly should be prepared for rejection.

Reality! I'm a man wearing stilletos who is viewed as trying to cross over the gender line and dress like a woman. Actually though, I am a man wearing his stillettos. I applaud those like Thighbootguy and JeffB who are willing to face the social slings and arrows and continue wearing publicly the high heels they choose. I wish my life style would accommodate such activities 24/7, but it doesn't. I could change my line of work to achieve this scenario, but that is unlikely at this point anyway. For the most part, I agree with your postings, but the idea of manly or girly are socially taught concepts that are accepted by the majority, but not necessarily accurate or true to the actual experiences life offers. Is a male florist or a woman auto machanic out of their element by dealing with what is considered areas of expertise respectfully for the opposite gender. He isn't considered a "girly man", nor is she considered a "manly girl". They are just doing what they like and have the talent/skills to do. Admittedly, when I have seen women wearing what has been labeled menswear and men in dresses, earrings, or long hair that looks like they just came out of a hair salon, I've had to rethink my first impression, because of the same social indoctrination of thinking for manly/girly. What we have been taught about a male with sissy attributes and behaviors is detrimental and unfair. The same is true for the female with masculine features and characteristics. This should also be true for everyone, but the expected stereotyping leads most of us to believe people aren't cross gendered, nor can they have the feelings or abilities of the other gender. Therefore, there is something wrong with these people who don't fit what we have been taught to expect. Women have shown that they can be women no matter what their situation or attire. Why can't we afford men the same courtesies and let them be the men they are, whether in a skirt, blouse and pink kitten pumps or in a business suit and matching stiletto pumps or boots. Society has taught this attitude for centuries, but it still hasn't made it right and true to how and what people really are. Let people make their own decisions for personal things and let society set rules and standards to promote the wellbeing and security for these people. There is a difference between being told what to think and do for personal choices, as to being able to choose from an array of selections the choices that best fit your desires and self concepts.

Upon further review, I think that pink is the only color I haven't worn when it comes to heels, and I'd do it too! In a New York minute! As long as I was dressed tastefully for whatever surroundings I happen to be in, it wouldn't be any big deal to me. I've seen men wear pink shirts, even pink SUITS, especially young men around prom time, so it's not exactly unusual, so it's only natural that shoes would be the final frontier. Now, have I suffered those so-called "slings and arrows" for wearing shoes and clothing more associated with the opposite sex? Oh, most definitely. While a scant few people have actually said anything to my face, I know I've probably had more than my fair share of snickers, chuckles and giggles behind my back, but I'm long used to that. I find it amazing that color has now been lumped into gender assigned categories, that women can wear pink and men can't? BULL! That's only true if you ALLOW that to happen!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I applaud those like Thighbootguy and JeffB who are willing to face the social slings and arrows and continue wearing publicly the high heels they choose. I wish my life style would accommodate such activities 24/7, but it doesn't. I could change my line of work to achieve this scenario, but that is unlikely at this point anyway.

Your statement is a direct contradiction to your argument. You could change your line of work and live your "wish" if you really wanted to. Aren't you conceding/allowing your very existence -- everything you desire and want -- to be determined by "accepted norms" of today's societal concepts? Actually, your statement is just a convenient excuse -- justification in your own mind as to why you can't (don't). It's a complete and total "cop out."

For the most part, I agree with your postings, but the idea of manly or girly are socially taught concepts that are accepted by the majority, but not necessarily accurate or true to the actual experiences life offers. Is a male florist or a woman auto machanic out of their element by dealing with what is considered areas of expertise respectfully for the opposite gender. He isn't considered a "girly man", nor is she considered a "manly girl". They are just doing what they like and have the talent/skills to do.

This scenario doesn't have a thing to do with one "gender" trying to pass as the other. Your example is way off base. A male florist or a woman auto mechanic isn't/aren't (usually/normally) trying to dress, act -- i.e.: characteristically -- or appear as a member of their opposite sex while engaged in these occupations, while a man or woman cross dresser is usually trying to appear as closely as physically and visually as possible as a member of the opposite sex. Hence the often repeated phrases they use when they describe themselves in varying degrees as being able to "pass as"....etc.

What we have been taught about a male with sissy attributes and behaviors is detrimental and unfair. The same is true for the female with masculine features and characteristics.

Who says it's "unfair?" Survival of the species. Strongest bull wins the female. Only the strong will survive. Return to the days of the caveman and images of men dragging their females around by their hair in one hand and a club over their shoulder in the other. It's a matter of survival of the fittest and propagation of the species. If you don't think that's accurate, just re-read W. H. McNeill's book "The Rise of the West" -- A history of the human community."

Society has taught this attitude for centuries, but it still hasn't made it right and true to how and what people really are.

This is complete "horseshit." In who's opinion? Are you talking about someone that was living back in the 1800's? or are you espousing the politically correct liberal "speak" of the 1980-2010 era?

Let people make their own decisions for personal things and let society set rules and standards to promote the well being and security for these people. There is a difference between being told what to think and do for personal choices, as to being able to choose from an array of selections the choices that best fit your desires and self concepts.

And, while you're at it, why not just let each individual chose what sex they want to be on their 21'st birthday?

You are correct, though. In the final analysis it all boils down to individual choice. People choose who and what they want to be and how they live their lives. Some wind up in jail and some wind up in the "looney bin" because they can't cope with rejection, and some even wind up being highly successful, not only in business/career and financially, but securely and comfortably with the peace of mind knowing that they persevered in the face of ridicule and rejection by today's society.

There are many more examples of people that have successfully persevered on this forum than just Thighbootguy and JeffB. And, I admire each and every one of them.

That is what I say also.More power to you.

Why Not! Like I said what ever is what you like GO FOR IT! Enjoy your Life for what makes you Happy! Not to please what others think!

It has been a number of years ago but one day I wore a bright, pink, man's dress shirt to work with a solid black tie and black slacks. You would not believe all of the razzing I got from about every man in the office for wearing a pink shirt. And some of the women made silly comments, too. I don't know, maybe it's just the color pink. I wore that shirt many more times until I wore it out. As much as I enjoy wearing high heels in public, I wish I had a pair of pink high heels to wear with that outfit. Who knows what kind of comments I would have gotten.:wave:

Your statement is a direct contradiction to your argument. You could change your line of work and live your "wish" if you really wanted to. Aren't you conceding/allowing your very existence -- everything you desire and want -- to be determined by "accepted norms" of today's societal concepts? Actually, your statement is just a convenient excuse -- justification in your own mind as to why you can't (don't). It's a complete and total "cop out."

It's sure easy to wish for things, but then reality sets in and survival has to be a factor. We've all got excuses for not surging forth and disrupting our comfort zone. I haven't seen many members of this forum in the news expousing the virtues of heeling.

This scenario doesn't have a thing to do with one "gender" trying to pass as the other. Your example is way off base. A male florist or a woman auto mechanic isn't/aren't (usually/normally) trying to dress' date=' act -- i.e.: characteristically -- or appear as a member of their opposite sex while engaged in these occupations, while a man or woman cross dresser is usually trying to appear as closely as physically and visually as possible as a member of the opposite sex. Hence the often repeated phrases they use when they describe themselves in varying degrees as being able to "pass as"....etc.[/quote']

It hasn't been too long ago, that women working out of the home was unheard of. Then things, like wars and depressions, made it essential for women to do manly work in order to financially survive and so businesses could meet the demands the market. There was a time women had to work while wearing dresses and should they be caught wearing pants meant they were trying to look like men. Only after the fact that wearing pants or trousers became known as a safety requirement in most work areas, did the sight of women in pants become acceptable attire at work, but it took a bit longer to wear the trousers around the home. Of course, women seeing the utility of wearing the almost form fitting garments soon latched on to the idea of jeans or pants for their wardrobe selections for most every activity. Now, men have the opportunity to increase their selections by choosing to wear heels with their attire. This is not a sissy influence, but a fulfilment of desire to choose one own appearance.

• 2 months later...

Histiletto, you've just repeated your original stances, reinforcing "your wish as how you wanted society to be and not how it actually is. How about responding to my points: 1. You're letting "accepted norms" determine your "life style." People always have choices. In every case actions have consequences. You are allowed to take the action if you're willing to accept the consequences. 2. Vocations identified with gender. Female mechanics and male florist are not trying to pass as members of their opposite sex. 3. Unfair that women can wear male attire and society frowns upon males wearing female society. As far back as historians can record, woman have historically worn "trappings" specifically identifying them as being "Female." Modern society, just because some do not agree with this practice, can't be changed in a couple of years. It's a "cultural thing."