atwood

Trouble is, that platform looks like it was an afterthought, like some shoe designer just tacked it on at the end. That style would be nicer, albeit more "generic" without it.

Have a happy time!

• 2 weeks later...

Attached are my favourite Brian Atwood's from his current collection. I love the fold down pop stud boots! Annoyingly all the shoes in the photos are size 40 which is my size. Also worth looking at Rupert Sanderson. Some of his shoes are so covetable. See the attached black and white boots. I'd even break my 'no zips ever' policy for them. It all makes me want to go to college to design shoes.

post-9545-133522881218_thumb.jpg

post-9545-133522881228_thumb.jpg

Why just NK and CL? There are so many other great designers. Louboutin set a trend but has gone way off the boil recently.

I actually just am not struck by a lot of other designers. I'm not too struck by CL designs this season, but I still love his classic and older designs. As far as Brian Atwood, I really hate the sculpted heels, and I feel like some of his basic pumps look like distorted CL designs. I don't really like all the bling of Giuseppe Zanotti. I have one pair of Chanels, but I don't like how most of them have big logos, or the denim shoes they have this season, blech! Manolo Blahnik is too matronly for me, Proenza Schouler is a little too boring...I could go on and on.

I love that NK is innovative but not too over the top, and I love that CL does seemingly simple designs, but there are important details that make them sexy and far from basic. I don't discriminate against other designers, they just don't appeal to me most of the time. If I'm going to buy a pair of expensive shoes, I have to love them.