A tale of Nine West

Bootking

My wife and I love Nine West. We are probably headed to the outlets in Tilton, NH tomorrow. On one trip about 2 years ago, I bought a pair of 3.5 in stiletto knee boots (that have still yet to see the light of day) at half the price my wife bought them for earlier in the year. I'm trying to find the nerve to wear them tomorrow.

NH Heels, if the NW manager out your way is half as understanding and helpful as the one in Wisconsin Dells, You could walk in in any style and heel height, and she would treat you just the same as she would treat your wife wanting to buy heels. I felt very comfortable wearing my 3.5" boots while shopping. I went to the store once by myself and once with my wife. The experience was great. I am looking forward to trying it again some time.:winkiss:

Mae, thanks for the encouragement. I know that most of my problem is in my own head. I am getting awful tired of giving advice that I don't take myself. It is very hard to walk into a shoe store full of incredible boots and not have the guts to try anything on nevermind buy anything without playing it off that they are for my wife. I am working on it though.

It's always the barrier in our head that prevents us from trying shoes in a store. It took me years to get over it, now I walk in and just do it. I found that the salespersons are quite used to that. I get the feeling there are more of us than you would think.

Mae, thanks for the encouragement. I know that most of my problem is in my own head. I am getting awful tired of giving advice that I don't take myself. It is very hard to walk into a shoe store full of incredible boots and not have the guts to try anything on nevermind buy anything without playing it off that they are for my wife. I am working on it though.

Like you the barrier in my head took awhile to get past...NW has always been a good place to shop for me. Nowadays I just walk in & what to be waited on - I try on in the store same as any other customer:smile:

GTMHP

Just as a quick update. We did go to the Nine West outlets on Saturday. I did try on a pair of boots in the store(that I did not end up buying). My wife did "make" me buy a pair of brown 4" stiletto knee boots that I absolutely loved but did not try on (they fit and are very comfortable and easy to walk in). I will post pics in my album later on. The salesgirl made a good attempt at trying to help me, but I was still very nervous and probably came off as a total goof.

• 2 weeks later...

What is interesting is that you can get Nine West footwear without even leaving your home! Of course, you can order from Nine West directly, but they had closed off their boot section online for the season. However, being resourceful, I found what I wanted on Amazon.com (see pix below - this is what I wore that morning)!!

I left for Florida via air on Monday, Apr. 27 from Westchester County Airport (my first time from there). I was wearing my brand new Nine West black patent 4" stiletto Blushy ankle boots. I took them off and put them in the bin to go through TSA but I had only put one boot in so far as I was doing the laptop first. The TSA man asked me, "Where's the other boot?" I replied that it was coming as soon as I was done with the laptop. What was funny is that he asked me as if every male passenger typically had this type of footwear! Check out the matching patent belt on the black nylon pants!

Amazing, truly amazing!

post-9697-133522885017_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522885025_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522885041_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522885049_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Nice outfit - You really just look like any other male airline passenger to me as the security guy's obvious reaction indicates. Any reaction anywhere along the route and when you arrived at your destination? (There shouldh't have been any.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes; the double takes, etc. but nothing verbal. That's on the plane (guy next to me on the end seat as I had the window), through Fort Lauderdale airport and to the car rental and then to the SUV I rented to go back to CT. It seems that some people when seeing a guy in heels tend to overly greet you.

It's all about the heel!

Yo, Bootking! Color me impressed! Great looking outfit you wore in those pics!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks Jeff! You are one of my inspirations!! More tales to follow!!

No, thank you! I simply do as best I can. I never expected others here to follow in my footsteps. Meanwhile, if I ever think of a reason to fly somewhere, I might do what you did.

Just before I left for Florida, I was in the Nine West Outlet in Fairfield, CT. I was trying on different things on a settee in the back of the store. A woman and child passed by, but the child (a girl about four years old) kept watching me trying on shoes! Her mother called her a few times but she didn't come; finally she came and got her. I didn't pay either of them any attention but certainly did buy a pair of really nice pumps with straps, black patent Hot Tamale. I had intended to wear them with a skirt (this was Sunday) on Wednesday but my feet were in big trouble (see the Insolia thread). Another time...............

post-9697-13352288528_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522885295_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522885307_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

You wear the "Hot Tamales" well. I had tried them on in the black patent and the snake skin a couple of times, but found that they rubbed a bit too much in the vamp and across my toes. They are great shoes for skirt so I hope you get to put that together soon.

Style is built from the ground up!

• 2 weeks later...
To finish the story of this excursion, when I stopped at the Smithfield Mall in North Carolina, I stopped at the Nine West Outlet there. I bought the red "Geranium" loafers with a 3 1/2" heel. I was wearing a Jockey red top, "Fire" black skinny jeans with a black patent belt at the time (as in the pic). The 3rd pic is not the real color, closer to the 2nd. It was soon getting time for dinner so I stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant to eat. The hostess immediately said, "I love your shoes!" I thanked her, she seated me and that was the end of that!

post-9697-133522886007_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522886018_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522886029_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

Bootking: Impressive! Most impressive, my friend! Those shoes definitely have style written all over them! Bravo!

Very nice Bootking! I have the Geranium loafers in the oil skin brown. The red patent were a bit tight for me mainly because of the material, though I do love the red. The brown are a bit more "under the radar," so to speak. You did quite well just putting them out there and they looked great with your outfit.

Dressed as you were, there's no hiding those puppies, is there? ;)

Bubba, that was the plan - no hiding! I had boot cut pants with me and could have done that but wanted the skinny thing!

Bootking: Impressive! Most impressive, my friend! Those shoes definitely have style written all over them! Bravo!

Thanks Jeff for the vote of confidence!

Very nice Bootking! I have the Geranium loafers in the oil skin brown. The red patent were a bit tight for me mainly because of the material, though I do love the red. The brown are a bit more "under the radar," so to speak. You did quite well just putting them out there and they looked great with your outfit.

Thanks HappyFeat, it's funny as I had seen them in Conn. and tried them on, but went back and forth as to whether to buy them or not. Then when I saw them in NC it was a no-brainer. They were pretty comfortable too. Like you and Jeff, being "under the radar" is not what I want to do (when I feel secure).

It's all about the heel!

...Like you and Jeff, being "under the radar" is not what I want to do (when I feel secure).

Yea, in a lot of ways, I wonder why I even bought the brown Geraniums. I have worn them out a few times, but recently for the heels I have been wearing, they might as well be men's shoes. The red are really terrific however and I am truly happy you are enjoying them.

Like you and Jeff, being "under the radar" is not what I want to do (when I feel secure).

Yep! Hiding your light under a bushel is no fun at all. While I don't see myself as any sort of exhibitionist, I wear what I like and have fun doing so. What's wrong with that? Short answer: nothing!

Though I didn't buy anything today, I did visit the Nine West Outlet. They have marked down sandals for summer and they do have some pretty nice styles. However, many of the sandals are NOT eligible for the buy one get one 50% off. But the deals are still very nice!

• 1 month later...

I, too, love the NW shoes. They fit well and are reasonably priced. I get treated well in all of the outlets that I've been to, except the one in Jeffersonville Ohio. This outlet is along I-71, between Columbus and Cincinatti. The few times that I've been to this store, the clerk will get me the size of shoe I'm interested in, then make a phone call. Within a few minutes, two armed security guards walk in and stare at me while I'm trying on the shoes. They don't say anything to me and just stand near the sales counter and talk with the clerk. They don't leave until after I leave the store. I don't think I'll make any purchases at this particular store. This is the only store that has made me feel uncomfortable. I've been to many NW outlets and DSW stores without any problems, in fact all of the other stores have been extremely welcoming and accommodating. Has anyone else had similar problems with the NW outlet store in Jeffersonville Ohio?

Whitetop03 - Thanks for the scoop. I was actually thinking of going to the store in Jeffersonville sometime this fall because I had to make a trip to Kentucky and now I likely won't stop at all. I am assuming from the context of your post that this has happened more than one. This treatment goes beyond rude toward hostile. I know that part of Ohio is very conservative, but with its proximity to Columbus and Cincinnati, which are fairly progressive cities, I still find it shocking. I am pretty sure I will avoid the hassle altogether now.

Whitetop03:-) Thanks for sharing your problem with us all at that particular Nine West outlet. If that is the way we would be treated there, then a boycott might be in the offing. Who do they think they are anyways? The "heck" with them. One thing for sure---you are more than welcome here on the HH Place Forum. Welcome. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

except the one in Jeffersonville Ohio.

The few times that I've been to this store, the clerk will get me the size of shoe I'm interested in, then make a phone call. Within a few minutes, two armed security guards walk in and stare at me while I'm trying on the shoes.

whitetop03, I can't put myself in your place, but I would certainly address the Nine West corporate office in writing about the sales person and the store. That is horrible and I certainly would not tolerate it!

It's all about the heel!

Happy Feet, this problem happened more than once at this particular store. Each time there was a different clerk working the store, so it wasn't just one employee being rude to me. You may want to give this store a try and see if their attitude has changed, since it's been about six months since I was last there. The clerks were very friendly and helpful at first, but once I began trying on the shoes, their attitude changed for reasons unknown to me. I think that the problem comes from this area being extremely rural and extremely conservative. They don't take too kindly to people that are like themselves. It's just about midway between Columbus and Cincinnatti. I definetly won't return to this particular store.

I left for Florida via air on Monday, Apr. 27 from Westchester County Airport (my first time from there). I was wearing my brand new Nine West black patent 4" stiletto Blushy ankle boots. I took them off and put them in the bin to go through TSA but I had only put one boot in so far as I was doing the laptop first. The TSA man asked me, "Where's the other boot?" I replied that it was coming as soon as I was done with the laptop. What was funny is that he asked me as if every male passenger typically had this type of footwear

Hehe, I fly out of that airport once or twice per month and have done so a few times in heels too, without incident. Also in NW boots ;)

I love that airport, it's 5 minutes from the freeway exit to the gate ;)

What's all the fuss about?