Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

I have said it before, in general women don't like men in heels but some would be open to the idea. It would be possible to change the mind of some women as they don't usually just go on physical appearance.

Men wearing heels is unusual at present, so it's not unusual in our conformist world that most women would have reservations. We are of course here to educate them.

:wavey:

Some girls do, some girls don't, so what? I think I'm here to discover the one's that already do, not invest my time trying to educate and make converts. Respect to those who do evangelize the men in heels community though.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

men wearing heels are being there true self, life is short and quick, be happy in heels and have less of a care of what a female thinks, its 2012 not 1692.

I thought womens werent allowed to think back those days. :wavey:

Interesting...i always thought its men who dont want to see men in heels. Always had on my mind whether its our fetish or its really theirs (who dont want to see men in heels).

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

I did manage to speak to one of them this morning when they picked Darian up for work. I told her it was a serious question and she did respond that the shoes wouldnt matter endless it became a serious social ' flaw ' in larger settings but what mattered to her ( as an individual ) was if the guy had his feet ' on the ground '. Financially stable, took a bath, didnt dress like a roach/dirtbag, was polite to others..

Interesting how your friend's concerns fit right into the list I provided above :wavey:

--unless it became a serious social ' flaw ' in larger settings (status)

but what mattered to her ( as an individual ) was if the guy had his feet ' on the ground (wealth, confidence, status, socially intuitive)

--Financially stable (wealth, not necessarily rich or financially independent)

--took a bath (healthy)

--didnt dress like a roach/dirtbag (socially intuitive, status)

--was polite to others (socially intuitive)

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I would like to have it otherwise, I voted "No". I really enjoy the open-mindedness of the people discussing over here towards men wearing high heels. As a boot-lover I did the occasional search for opinions about boots on the web and found that most people (male and female) think that even kneehigh boots are feminine. I have read a lot of dumb narrow-minded reactions that can be summarized with "Men wearing boots are fags". Keeping that in mind, I don't even dare to think what those people would think about men with heels. Sadly, also my spouse does not like the idea of me wearing high heels. So I do wear high boots, but without the heels. Ah, one out of two is not that bad, I suppose...:unsure:

I think I have replied to this before. I do think men look good in heels,especially boots. Even fairly high heels look good in boots. Guys look good in a loafer style shoe with heels.Any heels are ok I think for guys.

I think I have replied to this before. I do think men look good in heels,especially boots. Even fairly high heels look good in boots. Guys look good in a loafer style shoe with heels.Any heels are ok I think for guys.

Barbara,

Thanks for your post. I think that more women would admit that they like to see men in heels if there was not such a sterotype to their admission. I know that my wife approves of my heel wearing. We even have some matching pairs of heels that we wear out together. In fact I have bought heeled shoes that my wife liked so much on me that I had to buy her a pair in her size.

I have also received many compliments from women on how nice my heels look on me. Read my posts in the For Men wearing heels, "Heeling with bluejay"

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I think it's rather fun to see men break the fashion rules! Their fashion choices are so limited that I'm glad I don't have to live by such strict rules! I can go to my husband's closet and grab a shirt or tie and I'm being fashionable. If he wants to use something of mine, there are those who think that's wrong. Not so with me. If he wanted to wear heels, that's fine with me...then he can understand why I can't walk as fast as he does when I'm wearing four inch heels!:unsure:

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

I Don't see what the big deal is! If you want to wear heels and your girl thinks thats cool then great. If you don't want to wear heels and your girl thinks thats cool that's great to. I think its pretty cool my boyfriend wears heels but if you want a normal boring guy who wears normal boring guy shoes then thats up to him. If my boyfriend stopped wearing heels thats fine to. I just don't see what the big deal is.

Yes, I do walk in these

From the late 80s I seemed to watch a tedious lack of flamboyance descend over the land. Now, with the exception of a few exageratedly camp performers, men seem only to wear jeans and T shirts or sportswear, or else exactly the same business suit. (Some of them believe this makes them cool. I remember when the word 'suit' was the antonym of 'cool'.) What a shame there isn't more exciting fashion and shoes designed and made exclusively for men.

From the late 80s I seemed to watch a tedious lack of flamboyance descend over the land. Now, with the exception of a few exageratedly camp performers, men seem only to wear jeans and T shirts or sportswear, or else exactly the same business suit. (Some of them believe this makes them cool. I remember when the word 'suit' was the antonym of 'cool'.) What a shame there isn't more exciting fashion and shoes designed and made exclusively for men.

Hmm.. I guess my perspective could be lent here. This is from a ' performing ' view. Some of this is embarrassing but Ive reflected on it recently and had a bunch of laughs about it. I thought to ' share ' the laughs.

The 80's were all about glam. I owned more cosmetics then any of the babes I dated. I probably had more lace-endowed shirts, tight pants and jewerly as well. I think the guys I hung around with experienced PMS more then the women whom put up with us.

In the early 90's, everyone went to flannel shirts and boots. I went to collared shirts and cargo pants with no make-up at all. I think its the only time I had my hair shorter then shoulder length ( until 2 weeks ago ). Most people say this was when I looked the most ' masculine ' of my years. No cosmetics at all.

End of the 90's, things were just outright weird. There wasnt one specific ' style ' that I adheared to. It was usually what I rolled out of bed, off the bus, wearing in the late afternoon. I did a gig in my PJ's one time. I dont remember exactly ' why ' but nobody gave me any crap for it. People kind of expected it.

I didnt really become ' concious ' of how I really looked until I met someone whom I actually liked. She set me on a forward path to actually caring how I presented myself.

in the present, Im more prone to wear some kind of cargo pants or dockers that are loose fitting and a collared shirt with a T-shirt underneath. Little to no ' face paint '/cosmetics and some kind of hat. Not a ' ball cap ' but a HAT! :unsure:

Women always dig the Hat, they usually mention the Hat before the footware :mecry: .

I still say women can dig the right kind of man in heels. Depends on the guy and the kicks!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

............ and some kind of hat. Not a ' ball cap ' but a HAT! :unsure:

Women always dig the Hat, they usually mention the Hat before the footware :mecry: .

I still say women can dig the right kind of man in heels. Depends on the guy and the kicks!

I can attest to this. I remember a stripper at a friends bachelor party took a real shine to my hat, to the point where she took it off my head and wore it herself. (The hat in my pics if there are any questions)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted and ilikekicks, you both completely right. What could be more stylish than the right hat? You can wear it in so many ways and say so much with it. Bring back men in hats. (As long as they remember to take them off at the dining table.) Of course, I go back just a few more years than you, ilikekicks, so I'm torn between the 80s and the 70s. In my memory at least (increasingly unreliable, I know), the glam rock look permeated a long way into the street. Patterned shirts, wide flared trousers and, of course, very high platforms, all on quite macho men. Well, young ones, anyway. It'd be nice to get that sort of style back on the street. Updated, of course.

You know men wear what's practical. You can sell them cargo pants thanks to the numerous pockets, and eventually find it fashionable once they wear it. At the beginning of the century, you could have sold hats to men in the western USA for protection against the sun, and to english men for protection against the rain... Now people live in their home, take the car in the garage and get out without posing a single foot on the land. They park in the city, tke the subway, wait for the bus under the bus stop, and go inside a building to switch on their computer, until the evening when they do these actions reversely. For the week ends, change "building" by "mall" in the previous text, and eliminate the parts dealing with "bus" and "subway". Hard time for hats sellers. But high heels are well suited for people that do not walk that much... A better business bet, isn't it ?

I can attest to this. I remember a stripper at a friends bachelor party took a real shine to my hat, to the point where she took it off my head and wore it herself. (The hat in my pics if there are any questions)

DAMN! You were at that party too? I thought it was *MY* hat she had on! :unsure:

Yep, same kinda thing happened to me ( more then once ). Its like performing women just love to snag items from the crowd and wear them.

-ILK

Patterned shirts, wide flared trousers and, of course, very high platforms, all on quite macho men. Well, young ones, anyway. It'd be nice to get that sort of style back on the street. Updated, of course.

OMG! DEATH BEFORE DISCO!!!! :unsure::silly:

You know men wear what's practical.

You can sell them cargo pants thanks to the numerous pockets, and eventually find it fashionable once they wear it.

Cargo pockets are great for putting R/T units ( wireless ) and guitar picks in. Also a bandanna for wiping off sweat ( brow cleaner of sorts ).

VERY Practical.

I do take my trousers in and get them tapered/hemmed as Im not into the ' bell bottom ' look. It doesnt suit me well at all.

OMG! DEATH BEFORE DISCO!!!! :unsure::silly:

Cargo pockets are great for putting R/T units ( wireless ) and guitar picks in. Also a bandanna for wiping off sweat ( brow cleaner of sorts ).

VERY Practical.

I do take my trousers in and get them tapered/hemmed as Im not into the ' bell bottom ' look. It doesnt suit me well at all.

Oh no, I'm talking pre disco. It might have been different on your side of the pond. But then, seven years mattered in those days. Anyway, as Nick Hornby said, we never thought disco sucked. Here in Britain we love our black music, disco, reggae, and we like ska too. I still dream of someone to say to me 'I love you, yes I do/ 'cos I know that you love-a me toohttp://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=bad+manners+special+brew&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCwQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFJHzbnwgOX4&ei=odOIT8rHLYjgtQaR-OnSCw&usg=AFQjCNHNWbWDs6a_utd_Z78U7yTG0wZo2g&cad=rja. I was eating jellied eels the last time I heard a band play that live. I've never felt more English.

But I was thinking of how Ziggy Stardust got to street level. In Britain at least, there were men in the street in two inch platforms and four inch heels. Mainstream! I just lament the death of style, even bad style. And Gudulitooo, business, isn't that the word that's given us the drab world we live in now. I give you a new cry, 'Hats and Heels!' Take it up, men.

Oh no, I'm talking pre disco. It might have been different on your side of the pond. But then, seven years mattered in those days. Anyway, as Nick Hornby said, we never thought disco sucked. Here in Britain we love our black music, disco, reggae, and we like ska too. I still dream of someone to say to me 'I love you, yes I do/ 'cos I know that you love-a me toohttp://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=bad+manners+special+brew&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCwQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFJHzbnwgOX4&ei=odOIT8rHLYjgtQaR-OnSCw&usg=AFQjCNHNWbWDs6a_utd_Z78U7yTG0wZo2g&cad=rja. I was eating jellied eels the last time I heard a band play that live. I've never felt more English.

But I was thinking of how Ziggy Stardust got to street level. In Britain at least, there were men in the street in two inch platforms and four inch heels. Mainstream! I just lament the death of style, even bad style. And Gudulitooo, business, isn't that the word that's given us the drab world we live in now. I give you a new cry, 'Hats and Heels!' Take it up, men.

You are talking my lanuage, great times and we were so young.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

You are talking my lanuage, great times and we were so young.

Did you see the BBC's documentary on the 70s? In the second half, such exciting clothes and shoes, and on men who still looked manly, if they wanted to.

Did you see the BBC's documentary on the 70s? In the second half, such exciting clothes and shoes, and on men who still looked manly, if they wanted to.

I've sky+ it and will watch it later in the week.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

So if we're in flat shoes should we wear little badges that say "HH Ready" ? :unsure:

Good idea, I think you'll find that women prefer guys flat shoes.

No badges or bows or sparkles necessary.