Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

Actually, I would be very interested to find out precisely what our gentlemen members here class as 'high heels' when they post about everyday wearing of heels.

Do you mean stilettos as we girls do - or do you mean a high, blocked heel, a cuban heel....or what..?

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Actually, I would be very interested to find out precisely what our gentlemen members here class as 'high heels' when they post about everyday wearing of heels.

Do you mean stilettos as we girls do - or do you mean a high, blocked heel, a cuban heel....or what..?

I'm not an ' everyday ' type of wearer. I just wear them once in a while when friends request it or for fun. Occasionally, its a good way to ' shock factor ' people as well :)

Its usually a ' wedge ' that I will wear.

As for what *I* would class as a ' high heel ', it would be something like 3 or 4 inches higher then a flat. The ' Style ' like Stiletto/wedge/Cuban/blocked.. really doesnt matter.

Just my definition/thoughts on it. :)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I mean high blocked heels usually. Although I have also worn wedge heels, blade heels and occasionally lower stillettos.

Given that conventional men's shoes do not have heels higher than 1.5", anything higher than that could be considered a 'high heel' within the context of this discussion. But, as some men's shoes have discreet cuban or block heels of around 2.5", I would tend to ignore them. So, by my reckoning, any heel higher than 2.5" is moving out of the normal 'male comfort zone' (or 'female acceptance zone', if you prefer) and comes under the microscope.

The heel shape is less important but it is pretty obvious that a thin or sculpted heel is less likely to be acceptable than a blockier heel of the same height. And I am sure that a 1.5" kitten stiletto would raise more eyebrows than would a 3" cuban.

My wife has seen the (women's) boots in my avatar (2.75" slim block heel) and accepts them as being men's cowboy boots and therefore wearable in theory by me - but doesn't really approve as she considers them too feminine. As if I care!

Maybe you should start a poll, pussyinboots. I my case it's stilettos 3 inches and up.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

How about... anything Amanda says we shouldn't be wearing! :) :)

I'd include the whole spectrum from block heels and wedges to stilettos, generally anything with a rise of a couple of inches or more. I personally prefer a rise of 3½"-4½" - anything less I'd class as a "medium" heel (even the phrase "low heel" implies some kind of height beyond flat), anything more is heading towards extreme heels, for my UK7's at least.

Not that I'd like them all just because they've got high heels, it depends on the styling - I generally prefer the more refined styling of womens shoes and, even when heels don't come into it at all, I find the styling of women's trainers/sneakers and walking shoes/boots more appealing than the clunky mens equivalent, as well as liking some feminine styles of flats too... so high heels are just part of a bigger picture.

Trolldeg I really like your everyday boots, they have a lovely balance of rugged and elegant. They were probably designed with "women can be rugged and elegant" in mind which is great, and why shouldn't men be free to express that rugged elegance if they choose (and maybe even some women find that appealing if they choose) too.

On the original topic, maybe it's natural for some women to feel that it's their privilege to wear high heels and express their femininity. Maybe for some guys wearing heels is a kind of mockery of femininity (the kind of very camp exaggeration of submissive weakness) and presumably some guys (and maybe girls too?) get their kicks from feeling degraded/humiliated by wearing heels. Maybe people find it easier to pigeonhole others in those derogatory terms and that tends to define the stereotype. But for me wearing heels is about admiring and respecting femininity and something I also feel privileged to enjoy. I see women in heels positively (rather than just pieces of meat for my pleasure) because I wear my own heels with a positive spirit too. For some reason that freaks some people out more than a stereotype that sits comfortably within their prejudices.

If you like it, wear it.

Pussyinboots If you read some of the posts I have written, or view the photos from the high heel meets I have been to, You will note that I wear only 5 1/2" or 6" stiletto high heels. Every day, all day long I wear spike stiletto heels, NO PLATFORMS, Hence the name spikesmike. I am taking Photo and Computer classes in order to learn how to post/show some of my 100 pair of high heels on this site. The picture of shoes in my avatar are 7" ellie shoes that I own and wear. Mike

Pussyinboots,

I wear (men's) ankle boots to work with a 3" block heel, or cowboy boots with an almost 3" heel, or halter boots with a 3" heel. I will wear this footwear too on formal occassions such as weddings, etc. When I have a day off or I'm just out-and-about on the town either doing errands or just a leisurely day, I wear pumps with 5" stiletto high heels with my men's clothing, usually either a suit or slacks and a sport coat. I have a few pair of 4" high heels, but I find the 5" high heels prettier, sexier, and believe it or not, even more comfortable. I have a pair of pumps with 6" high heels, but I don't wear them that often and especially in public.

I would like it if women liked it... Some do some do not, my wife does as I am good in heels... The rest that do not... For get them... This is one open minded person that does not think those with a negative outlook on my desires deserve a minute of time... :))

But for me wearing heels is about admiring and respecting femininity and something I also feel privileged to enjoy. I see women in heels positively (rather than just pieces of meat for my pleasure) because I wear my own heels with a positive spirit too. For some reason that freaks some people out more than a stereotype that sits comfortably within their prejudices.

I so agree with you on this one SleekHeels.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I'm surprised at the results. I'm sorry my ex fell on the other side. Her/our loss.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I'm surprised at the results. I'm sorry my ex fell on the other side.

Her/our loss.

My thoughts as well.

The results here say that 72% believe that women like men in heels...and only 50% say that we don't.

My last wish is to upset anyone here, but it just goes to show how much denial or skewed perception there still is around this subject - the reality of the question is that 72% of women - or more - DON'T like men in high heels - and less than 50% would say that they do.

Let me just hang this in the air. How many of you guys here, have had an instant reaction of joy, elation and encouragement from your partners/wives when they have discovered that you wear high heels - and how many of you have had a real job gaining their support....?

We've discussed the acceptance of male heel wearing by women, at great length, but it still seems that some folks don't want to see the truth of it. Had this Poll been taken on any normal High Street then (sadly) the results would definitely be the reverse of what we see here.

The fact that as little 200 years ago, man were regularly seen in heels simply doesn't register in today's so called 'open-minded' society....perhaps because humans have short memories, perhaps because History is hardly taught at school now - more likely though, it's because the 'herd instinct' still prevails in this day and age, and that the majority of people's intellectual capacities, seem to be RE-gressing rather than PRO-gressing.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Pussyinboots...

To reflect on what you have stated.. "The fact that as little 200 years ago, man were regularly seen in heels simply doesn't register in today's so called 'open-minded' society....perhaps because humans have short memories, perhaps because History is hardly taught at school now - more likely though, it's because the 'herd instinct' still prevails in this day and age, and that the majority of people's intellectual capacities, seem to be RE-gressing rather than PRO-gressing."

I find you are correct for the most part but there is a HUGE ' twist ' on a lot of it. You speak the plain and blunt truth and its so admirable to see someone doing such. Unfortunately, as you hinted on ( and Ill say it :) ), theres a lot of outright idiots in that ' herd '.

( Note to all, this may sound very raunchy, but its meant to be in order to show the seriousness of it ).

Just imagine/reflect on this..

In the late 70's and Early 80's, AIDS was the ' Homosexual Disease '. How many people can remember hearing such said? ' Gods punishment to those fags ' as some stated. Turns out, they were wrong. It wasnt a ' Fag ' problem. It wasnt a ' gay ' problem. ' It wasnt anything derogatory ' type of problem ', but it was cast and screamed about as such!

It was something that happened in a ' chance of opportunity '. To make something seem what it is when along comes the truth that said disease could be spread by heterosexual people too.. IMAGINE THAT!

It was a ' herd ' minded response because people didnt like homosexuals. It was a golden chance to put them down saying they were the downfall, contaminating our blood supply and killing ' family values '.

The same people touting that crap were slamming their secretaries then going home to dinner from the wife. GREAT PEOPLE to speak of..

The same mentality applies here!

I bet a LOT of women, in their little social circles wouldnt DARE tell their girlfriends ' My man/husband/lover/friend-with-benefits enjoys wearing heels and doesnt look too bad in them ' in fear of being cast out! Heaven forbid the social/gossip group doesnt want to hear something or someone dared to be different!

' You let him wear heels! OH NO! Hes going to be chasing guys and wearing your skirts before long! What kind of woman are you to ALLOW HIM to wear heels! '

I sat at a table tonight with 7 women and 2 other guys. I had on a pair of Nine West Wedges. The only negativity I had was when I wouldnt sell them to one of the ladies whom LOVED them! ( talk about a weird situation! :) Ive yet to see a post on this site about such happening.. story to come in the story section ).

The guys didnt even notice till my friend Gabby told everyone ' This is the guy I went strolling up at the Falls with.. '. Then they both checked my feet. They really didnt seem to care.

A comparison from earlier in my post..

How many times have we all seen women with Clipper Cut hair? Ya know.. ' The ones that look like dykes! ' OOPS.. YEP! *I* said it! and right on! That thought has hit MANY peoples minds, no need to deny it, nobody is on trial. I'm sure QUITE a few people reading this have thought such. *I* have thought such before, being honest! 2 women with close-to-shaved-heads, riding around in a pickup truck with no bras, jeans.. no farms in the area.. ' Girlfriends ' maybe? Dykes? Lesbians? Oh no, what a terrible ' label '!

Its sad.. we all might think these things, but how many of us are REALLY honest with everyone else about it in our daily lives? On a site like this, theres no need to NOT be honest. Were all here for the same reason..

How about the guy with the ' lisp ', Gay right?

Not always.

How about that guy with the dark skin? He must know how to dance and play basketball!

How about the guy wearing cowboy boots, jeans, cowboy hate and one of those big shiney belt buckles.. he MUST be a rodeo star.. standing in times square or some city?

I bet that guy could break in a motorcycle or a mailbox or something.. there aint a horse anywhere near times square!

I think theres *3* reasons women dont want men to wear heels.

1.) Competition. EVERY woman I know has something they are very picky about. Men are as well, but when it comes to clothes and fashion, women have to dominate such in a relationship. Its ' their turf ' in 90-95% of the couples I know. From tie color to shoes to belts.. I have felt like a ' dress me up ' doll or a toy on more then one occasion.

2.) Gossip. As I mentioned earlier, No woman wants that ' challenge ' of being the one to say to her friends what I mentioned above. They dont want the ' drama ' or the stigmatism from it. I'm lucky to know some REAL WOMEN whom are open minded and dont give a *care* what I wear on my feet so long as I am ' myself ' and the fun loving guy I have come to be. From some of the responses I've read, and the attitudes, I would be banned from this site if I stated what I could really think about a few of them.

3.) Sharing. Its one thing to have your boyfriend/husband/man/friend-with-benefits use your towel after a shower.. shampoo.. but to say ' Hey! Those are some nice kicks, can I borrow them? '.. Women and their shoe fetishes.. ' OH HELLS NO! YOUR NOT GRABBIN MY NEW LOUBOUTINS! '. Think about it! THAT would be the oddest *thing* any woman could EVER experience!

Guys.. Seriously.. Imagine having a girlfriend that stops by, you do your thing then all of a sudden ' Hey, I need to put a new started in my truck, Im grabbing your 1/2inch Craftsman deep-welled sockets, a 1/2 inch ratchet, breaker bar and a few swivels. You have any jack-stands I could borrow too? ' Would that not *make you wonder what was going on*? It would put me in an odd situation and I work with a female mechanic 5 days a week!

If I were some of the GUYS on this site.. and my ' other ' told me ' Your not wearing heels ', I would say to her ' Ok, fine. I hate your hair. Its got to go! were going to the barbers shop and your gettin a high-n-tight. If not, your out of my life, done, its over. Go pack your *stuff*. '. It really is THAT simple.

Its not about the shoes, its about the *mindset*.

There are some women whom generally feel something is wrong with a man wearing a pair of ' high heels '. If they feel its wrong, I dont want them to complain about not ever wearing them again. If they feel they are that privileged that they can wear something, and someone else cant.. what does that say about their ' core ' belief system when you give it a thought?

' Tolerance ' as such is SUPPOSEDLY taught ( open minded, right people? Cant discriminate! Pussyinboots, you nailed it! ) and people are supposed to look at each other as equals. If a woman cannot accept a guy wearing high heels, something superficial, how the hell are they going to accept someone as a HUMAN BEING to begin with? Dare I even ask that question with the logic supporting it?

I would make a suckers bet someone is getting pissed off reading this. How Dare ilikekicks actually speak the truth.

Its not like a guy is taking a liking to guns, bombs, Biological toxins, street racing, UFC Bloodmatches, having sex with young boys.. They like a certain kind of shoe, so what?!?!?!

Being honest, I couldnt even call someone with such an attitude ' friend '.

I met this kid a while back. His name is Ralphie May. Picture being a fat, southern white kid doing stand up comedy at a black/minority night-club..

This has some bad language , isnt safe for work, BUT.. If your one of those women whos hung up on ' men not being able to wear heels ', watch this video and reflect upon it. Thats what the future holds for you. Your going to be/are a part of that audience.

Part 1

Part 2

My thoughts as well.

The results here say that 72% believe that women like men in heels...and only 50% say that we don't.

My last wish is to upset anyone here, but it just goes to show how much denial or skewed perception there still is around this subject - the reality of the question is that 72% of women - or more - DON'T like men in high heels - and less than 50% would say that they do.

Let me just hang this in the air. How many of you guys here, have had an instant reaction of joy, elation and encouragement from your partners/wives when they have discovered that you wear high heels - and how many of you have had a real job gaining their support....?

We've discussed the acceptance of male heel wearing by women, at great length, but it still seems that some folks don't want to see the truth of it. Had this Poll been taken on any normal High Street then (sadly) the results would definitely be the reverse of what we see here.

The fact that as little 200 years ago, man were regularly seen in heels simply doesn't register in today's so called 'open-minded' society....perhaps because humans have short memories, perhaps because History is hardly taught at school now - more likely though, it's because the 'herd instinct' still prevails in this day and age, and that the majority of people's intellectual capacities, seem to be RE-gressing rather than PRO-gressing.

Quite right pussyinboots! I actually fail to see why this poll exist. I mean how many times must we revisit this very issue. Some women like it, many don't. I'm cool with that. I don't know why others aren't. This keeps coming up I guess in some vain hope that the ladies will break and all will say they like it. Quite frankly enough women like it so that I don't really give a rat's patootie. This poll is also subject to severe skewing as both sexes can vote on it. What many guys don't seem to understand is that many of the women here have probably never actually really seen a guy in high heels. I for one can not judge whether or not I like someones appearance just from a photograph as so many of the elements are embedded in the persons personality. There, I think I'm done. I hope I haven't offended anybody.

I agree with Pussy and Ilikekicks. This is also why I never voted in this poll. I am not a woman, so how should I represent "women". All I know is that my wife accepts me as I am, but already she would rather not see me draw too much attention in my heeled shoes. That should say enough. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

'ilikekicks' and 'shafted'........

You both make very good points and I agree with most of what you have both said. Personally, I have no problem with guys wearing heels...I never have done and never will do. In fact, many of the male heel wearers I know often look better and walk better in heels than a lot of women do..!

I believe the problem that exists about this in society - is the same problem that people have, when they try to get their heads around the subject of 'sexual identity' vs. 'gender'. In much the same way that the ordinary 'man on the street' finds it hard to understand why a male on the outside can be a female on the inside - he has the same problems accepting that a fully hetrosexual man can like wearing ladies high heels - and NOT automatically turn gay...!

It's all down to education, experience and understanding....and tolerance. In the main, most intellectually able folks will either have a favourable opinion of a man in heels - or just simply not be bothered by it.

The same goes for women - although the percentage of those who are not bothered or offended by it is much smaller. Generally - as 'ilikekicks' has suggested, a lot of women feel threatened by men in heels. They see them as being competition for attention, they might see them as perverted or deranged, they most definitely believe that they are effeminite and thus weaker than the average 'alpha male' - and they certainly view them as intruding on the fundamentally female territory of flamboyant fashion and decoration. Of course, any sensible person knows that this is absurd, as in nature, it is the male of the species that is the colourful one - and the female the dowdy, dull and more timid of the two.

In humans - insecurity plays a large part in forming people's ideas - and anything that is unusual or out of the norm invokes fear in the uninformed or uneducated....and thus those intellectually challenged individuals will 'herd' together and lash out with the only defence at their disposal - anger. It's a natural state of affairs that is as imprinted an instinct as mating is.

As 'Amanda Snake' so intelligently posted a few days ago, this is a primal thing. Women don't like men in heels because it simply doesn't trigger the same instincts and emotions about 'mating' that a rugged and aggressive pheromone loaded man does. The intellect is overtaken by the hormones.

As I have said before, it is a sad state of affairs in any so-called advanced society, when people have become so badly brought up, that they have no sense of decency or manners - and feel it is their God-given right to shoot their mouths off at anyone who doesn't fit the stereotype that society brainwashes us to believe. Whatever happened to 'minding your own business'....and 'keeping your opinions to yourself' - in public...?

As long as society follows the path of trivialising old fashioned moral and religious values, in favour of 'attitude' and subliminal stereotyping, then this appalling lack of respect for personal freedom of expression will continue.

As I have said already, I do not, and never will have a problem with all this. However, as a woman I can say with no fear of contradiction that the MAJORITY of women do not like men wearing heels - and even if they do - many will say that it is definitely not a thing for their own partner to indulge in. Even in my own close circle female of friends, I have to be careful who I share my views with, as certain folk's 'tongues would wag', and the repercussions socially could be disastrous. That's terrible isn't it..?!?!

I have now said all I need to say on the topic. Any further discussion - for me anyway - is superfluous.

My thoughts as well.

As usual, you're spot on IMHO. It's been my experience that with long, bootcut jeans, the subject is rarely brought up and when it IS brought up it's by those that think my Miguel Jones boots are cool looking. The bootcut jeans act as a filter here though and if I were to wear them with tight, straight leg jeans I'd bet that I'd get negative reactions here and there from the fairer sex as well as from the unfair (lol) sex. It's all good though.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I agree with pussyinboots and others. We have beaten this dead horse to death. Some women do, some women don't, nothing is going to change in the immediate future. With the history of evolution of men's and women's fashions, time will tell if there are ever any major changes in society's attitudes.

The problem with most polls (including those on this board) is that they rarely frame the choices with sufficient precision to enable respondents to give a definitive answer - if indeed there is one. Although this poll did allow various degrees of approval to be indicated, it is still impossible to detect any reliable trend. There is quite a difference between 'liking' something and 'accepting' or 'tolerating' it. I for one would be quite happy if the world at large (male and female) 'accepted' men in heels; anything more positive (tending towards true 'liking') is a bonus but not really necessary. I accept, for example, that I must pay income tax - but I don't exactly like doing so!

Until high heels are known as men's and women's shoe, this is an unfair question. A lot of factors come into play from many perspectives of heeling. Whether it's territorial, religous or social indoctrination, and/or fashion cycles, society has usurped the right of personal choice to choose one's own adornment from what their personality dictates. We have laws and rules that limit what others expect from us. This puts life kind of in a two dimensional existence. If you don't adhere to the establishment, then you are quarantined or exiled until you are deemed to be in compliance. A movie called "Pleasantville" that came out in 1998, takes a look at a culture that existed in television land before color was achieved on the screen. People were content to live in their black and white community until they were introduced to a greater knowledge that caused them to get color in their visual experiences. At first, those that became colorful were shunned by the stalwarts of the community. Eventually, color came to everyone, but this didn't happen with out a bit of tension and strife. Heeling for men has been put on a level of color in a black and white social attitude. Society continues to program its stereotypes into all our understanding. Those who are willing to follow their instincts from the beings they are, see the faulty parts of what they are being taught as they compare and evaluate all the truths of the color spectrum that become known to them. Heeling, on its own, is one of the visual ways a person has to express and exhibit their self-image. It is to be used freely by those who have the desire. Putting limits on choices such as these only stifles the greater potential of the person to be a better social asset. Do women like men in heels? Women haven't had enough experience with male heelers to be educated either way. Neither have men! If you knew such activities would bring happiness and help a person to better relate maturely, how could anyone continue to hold on to the present stereotypical ideas?

Until high heels are known as men's and women's shoe, this is an unfair question. A lot of factors come into play from many perspectives of heeling. Whether it's territorial, religous or social indoctrination, and/or fashion cycles, society has usurped the right of personal choice to choose one's own adornment from what their personality dictates. We have laws and rules that limit what others expect from us. This puts life kind of in a two dimensional existence. If you don't adhere to the establishment, then you are quarantined or exiled until you are deemed to be in compliance.

A movie called "Pleasantville" that came out in 1998, takes a look at a culture that existed in television land before color was achieved on the screen. People were content to live in their black and white community until they were introduced to a greater knowledge that caused them to get color in their visual experiences. At first, those that became colorful were shunned by the stalwarts of the community. Eventually, color came to everyone, but this didn't happen with out a bit of tension and strife.

Heeling for men has been put on a level of color in a black and white social attitude. Society continues to program its stereotypes into all our understanding. Those who are willing to follow their instincts from the beings they are, see the faulty parts of what they are being taught as they compare and evaluate all the truths of the color spectrum that become known to them. Heeling, on its own, is one of the visual ways a person has to express and exhibit their self-image. It is to be used freely by those who have the desire. Putting limits on choices such as these only stifles the greater potential of the person to be a better social asset. Do women like men in heels? Women haven't had enough experience with male heelers to be educated either way. Neither have men! If you knew such activities would bring happiness and help a person to better relate maturely, how could anyone continue to hold on to the present stereotypical ideas?

Very good and insightful post!

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Sure the results of this poll are skewed, but that doesn't make it a waste of time. The results just indicate that 32% of those who answered think that women like men in heels, 22% think they don't, etc. It's an accurate reflection of what the respondents think, and if that's a misconception compared to wider society then it's interesting to discuss (a) how we can change our misconceptions, and (:) what, if anything, we can do to change society's misconception that there's anything wrong with guys wearing high heels.

How many of you guys here, have had an instant reaction of joy, elation and encouragement from your partners/wives when they have discovered that you wear high heels - and how many of you have had a real job gaining their support....?

I would add that sometimes it's not just the heels but the deception from the fact that it was kept a secret - this seems to be a common difference between those who are accepted by their wives/girlfriends and those who aren't. The above is still a valid point though, and I'd also add the question "how many guys have kept their heeling a secret from the women in their lives for fear of being rejected?" which I'd guess would be well into the 90%'s and give a very different reflection on whether women like men in heels or not.

If you like it, wear it.

'ilikekicks' and 'shafted'........

You both make very good points and I agree with most of what you have both said. Personally, I have no problem with guys wearing heels...

I GOTTA ASK!

Will you marry me? :)

Well my experiences would indicate that women have little or no tolerence of guys wearing heels. Several past partners / girlfriends have had no tolerence resulting in us going separate ways.

And when it comes to going out in public the reactions more often than not are either 'who's that queer' or look the other way. Maybe it's living in a very conservative city. To those who have experienced the opposite_lucky you!

Unfortunately, this is the reality of it. I'm sorry that you've had such bad luck with girlfriends Sweetie, however their views are most definitely representative of the majority of the female population. As for 'who's that queer' - this is the view of a large proportion of the male of the species as well.

Sadly, I can't see it changing much at the moment either.

Unfortunately, this is the reality of it. I'm sorry that you've had such bad luck with girlfriends Sweetie, however their views are most definitely representative of the majority of the female population. As for 'who's that queer' - this is the view of a large proportion of the male of the species as well.

Sadly, I can't see it changing much at the moment either.

You right there I guess, sadly it is,

However I have the same when I see a woman with ugg's.

I just can't help wonder if she is the male... :)

ps just kidding offcourse the above mark is entended for fun only and not made to step on someones heels :)

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

My thoughts as well.

I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if what I write has already been covered, but I completely agree with pussyinboots. When looking at the results of the poll, I couldn't help but wonder if:

a) The only people who voted were the women on this site, and thus the poll is indicative of how they feel about Men in heels

or

:) Both male and female people voted, and in the case of the men who voted, it is what they think women think in regards to men wearing heels. Or worse (in terms of creating a poll that would then be skewed in its results) how they would like women to feel about men in heels.

I suspect that it is b.

I haven't voted, because I'm a guy, and my opinion is that such a poll should be answered only by women. Because I feel it hasn't been answered only by women, then I can't take the results of the poll seriously. In all honesty, I just can not see over 70% of women LIKING men in heels. So I completely agree with what pussyinboots has said.

My own opinion (and I will freely admit right now that I could very well be wrong) is that a very small percentage of women will LIKE men in heels. A larger percentage will be indifferent to it. And an even larger (majority) percentage will not like it.

I wear heels. I wear heels in public. Often people won't even notice (my jeans usually cover most of the shoe anyway), although naturally the type of shoe I'm wearing plays a big part in this. Should I be wearing a black pair of wedge ankle boots, then I've not been aware of anyone even realising that I'm wearing women's shoes. When I've worn (for example) nude high heels, then the chances of being noticed increase ten-fold. Having said this, as I'm walking about, I wouldn't be able to gauge the reaction of others anyway, as either the people are behind me and I can't see them, or they're walking past me and I would only notice if I am paying strict attention to them (something I don't do).

I get the impression, and again this is only my opinion, that a lot of guys want women to notice. Unfortunately for them, most people (and I feel women especially) when out, say shopping or just walking down the street, tend not to pay much attention to other people anyway. I would suspect that it isn't the fact that people (who do notice) notice the shoes first and foremost anyway, but it is the sound of the heel on the ground that would draw people's attention. Personally I don't want to draw attention to myself (I just want to get on with my day-to-day stuff), so for this reason I tend to wear wedges more often than heels as they don't make as much sound (if any noticeable sound at all). Plus they are much more comfy to walk in over longer distances :)

Anyway, I'm veering off topic here. My point essentially is that while it would be wonderful to live in a world where a man wearing heels isn't given a second thought by anyone (male or female), that obviously isn't the case. I personally don't wear my heels/wedges in the hope that this person, or that person, from either gender, notices and likes it. I wear them because I like them. It's not that I don't care what people think (I do), but I don't care enough to stop me from wearing something that I want to wear. It causes no one any harm, maybe even results in a few giggles or even negativity (this is the most likely reaction from women (and men for that matter) as opposed to a reaction that is positive), but so what?

So in short (haha, ironic I know considering the length of my post), I think the best men who wear heels can hope for at the moment is women being indifferent to it. Perhaps some might admire your courage/confidence for wearing heels (and the fact that you are able to walk in heels), but that's not to say that they actually LIKE men in them. As said above, (and as pointed out by pussyinboots), there will be some women that do, but they will be in the very small minority.

I may be wrong but the way I read the result is 32% for likeing men in heels and 22% for not likeing men in heels. For me the result would be girls do not like men in heels. But nobody asked what type of heels, If it's a guy in 4 inch stilletoes then no, but if it's a guy in 2-3 inch block heels then that's a differant story and I think a lot of females would tolerate it.

life is not a rehearsal