Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

I believe most women prefer men to be REAL. In most cases the confidence to be real is more valuable to women than what the man chooses to wear on his feet.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I believe most women prefer men to be REAL. In most cases the confidence to be real is more valuable to women than what the man chooses to wear on his feet.

This is very true and as it should be in a confident and mature person (woman).

Unfortunately in the real world and my experience for the majority of women, I think they prefer men in mens shoes.

real men wear heels

This is very true and as it should be in a confident and mature person (woman).

Unfortunately in the real world and my experience for the majority of women, I think they prefer men in mens shoes.

I didn't say that most women don't prefer men in flats.

What I did say is that I believe most women prefer men to be REAL. That is the more empowering belief of the two. And in my Real World which is just a real as anyone else's and in my experience, that belief creates the results I want for my life.

I didn't say that most women don't prefer men in flats.

What I did say is that I believe most women prefer men to be REAL. That is the more empowering belief of the two. And in my Real World which is just a real as anyone else's and in my experience, that belief creates the results I want for my life.

With u 100% on that kneehighs. :unsure:

real men wear heels

Amanda is right. Most women prefer guys in mens shoes.

You see, I agree here, and with most of what comes above.(Well, it's below now, but still...) But does 'men's shoes' have to mean flat? Still, I know different men have different reasons for wearing heels. For some that will be that they want to wear women's shoes. Good for them. But you could ask the question "Do women like men in some of the stuff they seem to like to wear" and come up with no as the answer for lots of male clothes. Maybe the chaps who want to wear heels just need to stop wondering whether we like it. I know I'm too fickle to pin down.

So if we're in flat shoes should we wear little badges that say "HH Ready" ? :silly:

The next step is little glasses that you give to those who want you to be in heels, and they make the flattest heel zoom out at you. I'm going to sell them alongside the glasses that let you see the world in black and white or sepia.

Maybe the chaps who want to wear heels just need to stop wondering whether we like it. I know I'm too fickle to pin down.

Good answer meganiwish. really doesn't matter to me who likes it or not. Bottom line is. I like wearing heels and don't care who doesn't or does. There u have it. :unsure:

real men wear heels

Good answer meganiwish. really doesn't matter to me who likes it or not. Bottom line is. I like wearing heels and don't care who doesn't or does. There u have it. :unsure:

Quite so. Sometimes you dress for yourself, sometimes for others, and sometimes for someone special. I doubt they're ever the same.

Amanda is right. Most women prefer guys in mens shoes.

My reply would have been the following:

"A guy who purchased high heels and is wearing them is wearing men's shoes with high heels"

So the statement "Most women prefer guys in mens shoes" is true indeed :unsure:

I think I just like a man to be a man. There's a lot of ways to look, and I could be attracted or intrigued or repulsed, but in the end none of that matters. Being an adult means being able to look after someone else. I can feed and tend to hurts and, I hope, calm a troubled heart. Not everyone does that (but some men do). But I'm rubbish if you want security on the street at night (unless you're six or seven, when I'm the best you've got). I'm little and timid, and the thing I like most in a man is he makes me feel safe. And that he doesn't outshine me, obviously.

I think I just like a man to be a man. There's a lot of ways to look, and I could be attracted or intrigued or repulsed, but in the end none of that matters. Being an adult means being able to look after someone else. I can feed and tend to hurts and, I hope, calm a troubled heart. Not everyone does that (but some men do). But I'm rubbish if you want security on the street at night (unless you're six or seven, when I'm the best you've got). I'm little and timid, and the thing I like most in a man is he makes me feel safe. And that he doesn't outshine me, obviously.

Couldn't agree more I love being a bloke or a man's man as some people describe me. The fact I choose to wear heels does not diminish my manliness in fact quite the opposite as people percieve how much confidence I must have in my self to do it.

There's certainly enough women who could accept a man in heels to go around and it clearly wouldn't be a deal braker if all the other boxes were ticked for what the individual lady wanted.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I'm rubbish if you want security on the street at night. I'm little and timid

I am 1m90 and 85 kg. My wife feels safe with me at night.

But I know the kind of damage even a 50 kg teenager is able to give with the smallest weapon, thus I know better than to have confidence in my manliness. Heels or sneekers, the safety feeling is completely delusive.

I am 1m90 and 85 kg. My wife feels safe with me at night.

But I know the kind of damage even a 50 kg teenager is able to give with the smallest weapon, thus I know better than to have confidence in my manliness. Heels or sneekers, the safety feeling is completely delusive.

Very well said. I am a very similar size and very rarely feel threatened merely by the presence of sinister people in public places. But I am no fighter and fully aware of what could happen out of the blue if some nutcase decides to have 'fun'. However, I tend not to go out much in the potentially dangerous places, so the risk is somewhat academic.

Did you see the BBC's documentary on the 70s? In the second half, such exciting clothes and shoes, and on men who still looked manly, if they wanted to.

I think I just like a man to be a man. There's a lot of ways to look, and I could be attracted or intrigued or repulsed, but in the end none of that matters. ...

Couldn't agree more I love being a bloke or a man's man as some people describe me. The fact I choose to wear heels does not diminish my manliness in fact quite the opposite as people percieve how much confidence I must have in my self to do it.

There's certainly enough women who could accept a man in heels to go around and it clearly wouldn't be a deal braker if all the other boxes were ticked for what the individual lady wanted.

I watched the 70s documentary and it saddened me to recall this difficult era, particularly because of the strife and economic problems which affected me along with most others who had just embarked on a career, bought a first house and then got married. Sorry, but the male fashions did nothing for me then and don't now either. The opportunity to wear long hair, make-up and ugly platform shoes openly may make a man feel liberated but I was (and am) distinctly uncomfortable with a look like that for someone in his mid-20s. Did 'Jason King' and his contemporaries really look anything but effeminate and gaudy?

Unlike Foxyheels, I am not by nature a 'man's man'. I am neither effeminate nor effete but do not try to present a rugged appearance and I have no interest in sport, cars, hard drinking or antagonistic activity. However, I can identify with his view of men in heels. Foxy certainly does not look unmanly (with or without heels) and I'm sure that self-confidence is the key - although stature helps. I doubt that I would blend in so easily as I am taller - and especially not in a hat. Very few women would accept that I had any need for either (to gain height) and would tend to wonder what my intentions are, however boldly I may present myself.

lol, sounds like what you need is a Bodyguard... lol :unsure:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

And that he doesn't outshine me, obviously.

I'm pretty sure that was a factor in the dissolution of my marriage. She was better looking, and better at relating with most people, but I was the breadwinner, the one whom friends always called and visited upon, and favorite of our child.

Why is that a problem with some women? I was just being myself. In every couple, one will always outshine the other. It's either you or him, and if it's him, is that any sort of justification for ending a marriage?

It wasn't in my case. All we wound up with were tens of thousands in legal fees, tons of heartache on both sides, and a very hurt child.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Oh dear, have I stirred a hornets' nest?

You're absolutely right. I couldn't add to that.

Very well said. I am a very similar size and very rarely feel threatened merely by the presence of sinister people in public places. But I am no fighter and fully aware of what could happen out of the blue if some nutcase decides to have 'fun'. However, I tend not to go out much in the potentially dangerous places, so the risk is somewhat academic.

I watched the 70s documentary and it saddened me to recall this difficult era, particularly because of the strife and economic problems which affected me along with most others who had just embarked on a career, bought a first house and then got married. Sorry, but the male fashions did nothing for me then and don't now either. The opportunity to wear long hair, make-up and ugly platform shoes openly may make a man feel liberated but I was (and am) distinctly uncomfortable with a look like that for someone in his mid-20s. Did 'Jason King' and his contemporaries really look anything but effeminate and gaudy?

Unlike Foxyheels, I am not by nature a 'man's man'. I am neither effeminate nor effete but do not try to present a rugged appearance and I have no interest in sport, cars, hard drinking or antagonistic activity. However, I can identify with his view of men in heels. Foxy certainly does not look unmanly (with or without heels) and I'm sure that self-confidence is the key - although stature helps. I doubt that I would blend in so easily as I am taller - and especially not in a hat. Very few women would accept that I had any need for either (to gain height) and would tend to wonder what my intentions are, however boldly I may present myself.

I'll give you gaudy, but I don't think Jason King looked effeminate. For that matter, I don't think Marc Bolan did either. Oh, I'm not trying to idolise the 70s, but I don't think we should demonise them either. It's always hard to set up a first home, and if we want economic problems we could look at the 80s, 90s, 00s, and now as well. And of course, like anyone, I can look back at 70s fashion and be embarrassed. I'm not recommending a return to flairs and platforms. My point was the different mindset. I just mean, you don't have to look drab to look like a man. And that there's nothing inherently female about high heels. Blend in? How many of the girls want to blend in? (Come to my aid here, girls.)

I can feel safe in the company of a man I know can talk his way out of trouble, more so than a man I know fights his way out. Being a man is surely so much more than being big and aggressive. Actually, I'm not certain I can pin down what manliness is, though I have a feeling I know. But then, I don't know how to describe the taste of strawberries, but I know it. I'm not sure men know either, and I think, over the last few decades, part of the blame for that can be laid at our, women's, door. Goats and monkeys, chaps! I'm on your side.

lol, sounds like what you need is a Bodyguard... lol :unsure:

You see, I got it in the wrong order again. Clever, eh? All together, "And I yee I, will always...'

I'm pretty sure that was a factor in the dissolution of my marriage. She was better looking, and better at relating with most people, but I was the breadwinner, the one whom friends always called and visited upon, and favorite of our child.

Why is that a problem with some women? I was just being myself. In every couple, one will always outshine the other. It's either you or him, and if it's him, is that any sort of justification for ending a marriage?

It wasn't in my case. All we wound up with were tens of thousands in legal fees, tons of heartache on both sides, and a very hurt child.

Not a problem for me, just a light-hearted remark. I walked down the road one night behind a young couple, her in a lovely chinese style silk dress, kitten heels and a beautiful butterfly hairpiece, he in denims. They looked so beautifully incongruous, a bit like Geldoff and Paula Yates, that it melted my heart. He a) looked like he was so in awe of her he'd forgotten how to dress himself and :mecry: looked like he'd got the best accessory available with her on his arm. (I think he could have dressed up a bit more.)

My marriage ended very painfully, as they all do, those that end, twelve years ago. We made sure we had no legal fees and no hurt children. We're still good friends. I feel for your pain, but please don't take it out on me.

But I'm rubbish if you want security on the street at night. I'm little and timid, and the thing I like most in a man is he makes me feel safe.

Its said by some that ' God created man '. That very well may be true or it could be a lie. Theres no disputing though that Samuel Colt made EVERYONE equal.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Oh dear, have I stirred a hornets' nest? ...

I'll give you gaudy, but I don't think Jason King looked effeminate. For that matter, I don't think Marc Bolan did either. Oh, I'm not trying to idolise the 70s, but I don't think we should demonise them either. It's always hard to set up a first home, and if we want economic problems we could look at the 80s, 90s, 00s, and now as well. And of course, like anyone, I can look back at 70s fashion and be embarrassed. I'm not recommending a return to flairs and platforms. My point was the different mindset. I just mean, you don't have to look drab to look like a man. And that there's nothing inherently female about high heels. Blend in? How many of the girls want to blend in? (Come to my aid here, girls.)

I can feel safe in the company of a man I know can talk his way out of trouble, more so than a man I know fights his way out. Being a man is surely so much more than being big and aggressive. Actually, I'm not certain I can pin down what manliness is, though I have a feeling I know. But then, I don't know how to describe the taste of strawberries, but I know it. I'm not sure men know either, and I think, over the last few decades, part of the blame for that can be laid at our, women's, door. Goats and monkeys, chaps! I'm on your side. ...

No, Megan, not a hornet's nest but a number of relevant emotions, as your expanded and thoughtful comments now indicate!

I agree with everything you say about the 1970s etc (apart from Jason King's looks!). I was not singling the 70s out for special condemnation either, although they were never my favourite decade. And you certainly don't have to be drab, sloppy, un-groomed or go without heels to be a 'real man' (whatever that is). As to blending in, women are more prepared (and better equipped) to make an individual statement in their looks, but it is not so easy for a man, especially if constrained by his size, status or activity. And, as you say, manliness takes many forms and it is not all about being physically 'alpha' - and if you disagree with that I will sue the pants off you!

The best thing about the 70's is the limitless amount of fancy dress outfits it provides. :unsure: I also agree that being a man means you can walk away from confrontation and be the better man. I'm not a fighter more a diplomat and yes it's down to not putting yourself in a bad situation in the first place that helps. The worse confrontation I face is a football matches but that's not a place to wear heels if you are a bloke so I don't. I agree my natural stature beng short and stocky helps people perceive me as manly so I have a little help there and some may even think I wear heels as I have some sort of complex about my height so a little more help. However some of the scariest people I have ever met have been shorter than meand of slight build so it's not everything.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Yesterday my partner and I were unexpctedly given a pair of tickets for White Mischief "Royal Jubilee Gala" http://www.whitemischief.info/ We were told it was a Victorian/Steampunk event. We are not people who go mainstream "clubbing" and weren't too sure about how to dress. We did our best and looked OK. We were possibly the oldest people there:smile: Yes, I did wear heels though nothing spectacular, kneehigh boots with 2.5" heels over leather trousers

OK, not many men in heels but plenty who had taken a lot of time and trouble on their appearance and clothing. Certainly nobody in baggy jeans or other "streetwear". There is hope yet for both the male of the species who likes to dress up and the female who is proud to see him doing it.

If I had worn my 5" stiletto thigh boots I would not have felt at all out of place though my feet are not comfortable enough in them to have been happy doing so. My partner loves seeing me wear them.

I certainly don't feel compelled to be a 'manly' man, just like I think women shouldn't feel compelled to be 'womanly'. And just because I'm a guy who likes wearing heels I don't feel compelled to be a 'womanly' man either. Some guys who mince around in a really camp way could be seen as presenting a parody or caricature of femininity, and actually women who mince around like that are presenting the same caricature too. The same could also be said of 'butch' women and men with respect to the masculine caricature. They're just stereotypes. A strong woman is no less a woman, a sensitive man is no less a man. For me it's about 'humanly' qualities, not 'manly/womanly'. Thinking about it, part of my wearing heels (apart from just liking the style) is because it's a personal expression of gender equality and rejection of the stereotypes. Perhaps some guys in heels expect women to be more sympathetic to that, and are perplexed when that turns out not to be the case.

• Like 1

If you like it, wear it.

I think it's funny when a woman says she isn't attracted to the IDEA of a guy in heels. What women think they can be attracted to as an IDEA and what they are attracted to as a REALITY are often two different things. Every girl I've ever met has at one point in time fallen for some guy that defied their personal stereotype of what they are typically attracted to. An Upper East Side WASP who falls for a guy from the Polo Grounds Projects. An accountant at Deloitte who falls for the starving artist from Bushwick. The quiet Catholic girl who falls for boisterous fraternity jock. I'm sure you can fill in additional stories.

Just go for it! :unsure:

• Like 1

I think it's funny when a woman says she isn't attracted to the IDEA of a guy in heels. What women think they can be attracted to as an IDEA and what they are attracted to as a REALITY are often two different things. Every girl I've ever met has at one point in time fallen for some guy that defied their personal stereotype of what they are typically attracted to. An Upper East Side WASP who falls for a guy from the Polo Grounds Projects. An accountant at Deloitte who falls for the starving artist from Bushwick. The quiet Catholic girl who falls for boisterous fraternity jock. I'm sure you can fill in additional stories.

Just go for it! :unsure:

Im living proof of this. Im a quite reserved individual. The person whos not seen and wouldnt be noticed endless I say something in a crowd. I intentionally try to just blend in and be left alone.

Darian on the other hand.. shes the ' life of the party ' type. Always pushing herself to excell in whatever she does. Shes the one whom everyone turns to at work when something HAS to be done. Me? Im the last guy people ask.

We blend quite well though and its a 50/50-mutual existence where were both VERY happy.

People usually laugh and wonder how we can exist together because were very much in the ' very different ' persona types. It all just ' works '.

Edited by ilikekicks
  • Like 1

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I guess those that question your compatibility have never heard that "opposites attract."

Quite right Bubba, complimentary personalities. They each bring to the table what the other may lack. A mutually beneficial relationship.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I guess those that question your compatibility have never heard that "opposites attract."

Quite right Bubba, complimentary personalities. They each bring to the table what the other may lack. A mutually beneficial relationship.

Don't we all hold our admiration for what we're not, or what we can't do? I sometimes think that love is all about who we wish we were. From 'Trumpets' by The Waterboys:

I want to be with you,

And to find myself in the best of dreams.

Because being with you

Is the same as being you.

• Like 1