Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of interesting posts here and so much to read through. I haven't had too many experiences on this topic with women who enjoy men in heels, but have had great luck with my wife, who enjoys me like that. One of my first experiences with my wife (we were only recently dating then) was that she was very receptive to my love of boots and heels, and she encouraged me to wear my red Pleaser 5-inch thigh high boots out with her to the movies for a late night showing and then over to a little diner for dessert. She was very tolerant and interested in understand why I enjoyed them so much. It was quite a rush to do that, though I could only wear them under my jeans, but still, I loved it. We ended up doing that sort of thing more and more and she was always very supportive. I think women *do* like that on their men and maybe some ladies will just take a bit of time to see it over and over before liking it. I also think she enjoyed that I got a few looks, but knew that I was with her at the same time!

• 4 weeks later...

christine c9, There are several Australians in here; so pretty much they can speak for themselves. I told my wife before marrying about my 'issue' with heels. She was very tolerant -and young- and, though didn't encourage me to use heels, she didn't argue when I bought the same pair of 8cm suede pumps she had on my size. As a matter of fact, I tried them at the store. Those were beautiful shoes, really feminine I must say. Heels weren't too high at that time. In fact it was difficult to get anything close to 4". I could say they were like buying 11.5cm today. I suppose it was just a fashion issue. I used them in front of her sometimes. One day she said she didn't care that I used them, but she wasn't comfortable with me using heels in front of her. We talked a lot about the heels... and she knows I have quite a collection. She likes most of my boots, although says she wouldn't use them because they are too high. She also has seen some of my pumps or sandals. I've never betrayed the agreement -never in front of the kids- we made when our first child came; so we never went out both on heels -me with block heels, I mean- because the house is always with them around, even though they two of them are in college right now. Maybe, if fashion changes, she will be accept the deal; or, maybe, when kids fly away she does. Anyway, she is not too eager in using anything over 4" as she gets taller than me. So, I guess the only answer is: "it depends". It depends on your likes and dislikes. It depends on how you feel about it when you see them for the first time. It depends on how much you care of your SO. It depends on the trust you have between each other. Majo

• 3 weeks later...

All I'll say is that I think they do, or at least some do. The ones that do are worth the effort of sorting through the ones that don't. That and women themselves are to blame for even making me think of trying on heels. So I don't hide it to women I meet, even though it hurts my chances with some, but in a way its a really good filter for people that can't pull themselves out of their societal viewpoints of what a "man" is. Eh whatever, I've gotten more compliments than insults so, who cares?

• 1 month later...

I went to London on Friday afternoon for a friends birthday. I was away from home untill Saturday evening. I took a brave pill and decided to leave the house wearing heels and didn't take any other shoes with me. From very rich posh women in a swanky bar, to total strangers stopping me in the street I had about 20 women all say how cool my shoes were. All the girls at my friend's party were ecstatic that a boy was wearing heels. So it's now a definite YES from me on this subject.

Well done, benno! But, to put things in perspective (and inspire others), please describe your 'outdoor' shoes and the rest of your outfit. As others have so often said, the co-ordinated look may be the key to acceptance, if not also to compliments.

Well done, benno!

But, to put things in perspective (and inspire others), please describe your 'outdoor' shoes and the rest of your outfit. As others have so often said, the co-ordinated look may be the key to acceptance, if not also to compliments.

There's a description of the kind of outfit from a previous post I made, below in purple. To be honest. I think if I had been wearing some more daring shoes (that went with the outfit) I would have had the same reception. I have quite a lot of confidence and belief in my ability to dress well and I can allow people to relax and even gently take the piss out of me. Once they see that I am not a sexual deviant, have lots of good friends and a mega amazing, 6 foot, blonde, ex model, girlfriend, then there just simply are no issues.

I've been wearing close to 4 inch, black, slightly shiny, stacked cuban heeled, womens brogues recently. I have worn them with skinny jeans (grey and also bright red). Stripey vintage women's/unisex t shirts and either old fashioned cardigans or loose jersey womens jackets and maybe my old trusted camo army jacket and a cool vintage trucker's cap and a bright or black scarf or snood.

I have found that you don't need to hide your heels. Have them on display. It feels great.

• 2 weeks later...

It's incredible that so many poll voters don't realize how much women hate the concept of men wearing high heels or any thing else considered in the "women's" domain. It's either wishful thinking or an effort to not disappoint men heel wearers with the truth that women really don't want men to wear heels. Men ought to wear whatever we like and not just what we are "supposed" to wear. Women dress for themselves, and to impress other women, not men

StarCrossed, I suspect you're right about many women hating the concept of men wearing what they consider is in "their domain" but I'd say I hate the idea of a double standard. For some women, the gender that fought for equality all those years and all over the world, to now say they hate men dressing in their things is intellectually inconsistent or, as William F. Buckley would put it, presents a "demogogic juxtaposition." None of the these hypocritical wardrobe critics pays my bills nor am I sleeping with any of them so why would I care what they think? They didn't seek my approval before adopting tattoos, or wearing men's trousers, shirts, or combat boots now did they? They just took what they wanted and made it their own. The pressure women feel comes exactly from what you said in that they dress to impress other women, not men. An American actress from the 1970's show "Police Woman", Angie Dickinson, had AMAZING legs and was once quoted as saying "women dress for other women but they undress for men." This would seem to say it all! HappyinHeels:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

honestly this subject is seriously getting old, it seems like it is bought up on here every other day or so. i am a man i wear high heels, do i care that some women don't like it, no i don't, i am still going to do it. there are some women that are ok with it, even some women that are turned on by it. it's life. we all have different turn ons and likes, accept that and move on.

The following is in this girls own words. From Chictopia.com

post-1115-133522962249_thumb.jpg

"Some people ask me about how can i wear heels all day long. i vividly remember about my first heels. but i know that i love heels since I’m a little girl. i used to walk around the house wearing my mum’s shoes.

I always wearing mary jane shoes during my high school period therefore i must bring spare shoes for sport all the time. i often forgot to bring sneakers and have to borrow shoes from my friend.

During my college time, i still cannot let go my love for high heels. i studied at monash which is located in suburb and i live in the city. I’ve got to run with heels to catch the train.

I used to bring band aid or sometimes spare shoes. but now, i don’t need to bring any band aid or spare shoes since i work in a office and i can take off my shoes behind my desk. also my hubby is not that tall so i usually wear flat shoes when i go out with him.

I guess fashion means suffer and you are willing to suffer for it. and don’t forget that heels also help to burn calories , tighten your muscle, and the most important thing is that it helps to make you look taller LoL.

Spread your love for heels!! and i wish one day they will make heels from man as well LoL (or maybe hidden heels)."

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/119199-heels+or+no+heels-mng-top-river-island-jeans-celine-shoes

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

In another post, I stated that I spent Tuesday evening in my new sandals. I was seated in the lounge at the Hilton Hotel at a table by myself. The table next to me was a group of Church Ladies, as described by the Waitress, and they immediately involved me into their conversations. My heels were very visible and I saw everyone of the 7 ladies look at them; yet they chose to involve me in their evening. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Henri

I would like to know where you got those shoes. They are absolutely gorgeous.

• 4 weeks later...

honestly this subject is seriously getting old, it seems like it is bought up on here every other day or so. i am a man i wear high heels, do i care that some women don't like it, no i don't, i am still going to do it. there are some women that are ok with it, even some women that are turned on by it. it's life. we all have different turn ons and likes, accept that and move on.

I love this response. There are just people that are not going to like you no matter what. We can not change what people think or say about you the only thing we can do is be happy with are selfs.

Well said! Well said! It all depends on the woman and her mindset. I've had women compliment me on my shoes and marvel at how well I can walk in heels, some say I walk in them better than they do! And black women love my thigh boots since I've gotten my fair share of compliments on them, something i find extremely cool.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Women like men who like themselves.

They like men who have the guts to think and act for themselves, regardless of what area in life that belief manifests itself.

The trouble is so many of us are plagued with feelings of low self-esteem we rarely have the guts to search for, let alone live, what our real "selves" stand for.

Once I realized my being was made in the image of God (no I am NOT a Christian but I believe in creation), my self-esteem skyrocketed. I look at the Grand Canyon, the stars, the sand, the clouds and stare in amazement at the infinite power displayed.

And then I think "I may not have created myself, but my essence, my body, my thoughts, my feelings, is sure as hell worth as much as the Grand Canyon, the sun, the moon and stars combined." I am self-aware, they are not. I have free choice, they don't. etc.

And in the midst of dazzling array of beauty, I find an unshakeable sense of intrinsic value that no extrinsic factor can ever shake. Again, I did not create myself, so this is not arrogance. It's just acknowledging my own value independent of wealth, status, humor, or any type of performance.

And from this belief in the beauty of my own thoughts I have the confidence base from which to pursue my dreams and goals. And this type of confidence is remarkably attractive to women. I can inspire them to chase their goals they never even knew they had.

The bottom line is that heels do not make the man, the man makes the heels. If you are sure of your value as a person regardless of your performance in life, you will eventually wind up being successful in any endeavor you undertake--heeling included.

p.s. for what it's worth, just last week I had breakfast in Krakow, lunch in Prague, and dinner in Amseterdam in one day. It was exhilirating. I have no job, I work when I want, where I want, with who I want and work an average of 4 hours a day (max). I have designed my ultimate lifestyle of freedom, financial abundance, and emotional success. I don't do it for accolades from others, I do it for myself, b/c it makes me feel in control of my own life--not other's lives.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

They like men who have the guts to think and act for themselves, regardless of what area in life that belief manifests itself.

The trouble is so many of us are plagued with feelings of low self-esteem we rarely have the guts to search for, let alone live, what our real "selves" stand for.

Once I realized my being was made in the image of God (no I am NOT a Christian but I believe in creation), my self-esteem skyrocketed. I look at the Grand Canyon, the stars, the sand, the clouds and stare in amazement at the infinite power displayed.

And then I think "I may not have created myself, but my essence, my body, my thoughts, my feelings, is sure as hell worth as much as the Grand Canyon, the sun, the moon and stars combined." I am self-aware, they are not. I have free choice, they don't. etc.

And in the midst of dazzling array of beauty, I find an unshakeable sense of intrinsic value that no extrinsic factor can ever shake. Again, I did not create myself, so this is not arrogance. It's just acknowledging my own value independent of wealth, status, humor, or any type of performance.

And from this belief in the beauty of my own thoughts I have the confidence base from which to pursue my dreams and goals. And this type of confidence is remarkably attractive to women. I can inspire them to chase their goals they never even knew they had.

The bottom line is that heels do not make the man, the man makes the heels. If you are sure of your value as a person regardless of your performance in life, you will eventually wind up being successful in any endeavor you undertake--heeling included.

p.s. for what it's worth, just last week I had breakfast in Krakow, lunch in Prague, and dinner in Amseterdam in one day. It was exhilirating. I have no job, I work when I want, where I want, with who I want and work an average of 4 hours a day (max). I have designed my ultimate lifestyle of freedom, financial abundance, and emotional success. I don't do it for accolades from others, I do it for myself, b/c it makes me feel in control of my own life--not other's lives.

Please tell us more about how you manage to work when you want and only work 4 hours a day max! I have the self-worth part down very well and am hardly ever seen in public with heels under 4", but would love to cut back my working hours! I'm serious here.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I second 100% that statement.

• 2 weeks later...

A sociologist friend of mine (female) did a study about gender attitudes & fashion a few years back. She made an interesting point that the percentage of men who don't women in heels is about the same here as the percentage of women who don't like men in heels. I've met female heel wearers who don't like men in heels, but no male heel wearers who don't like women in heels.

A sociologist friend of mine (female) did a study about gender attitudes & fashion a few years back. She made an interesting point that the percentage of men who don't women in heels is about the same here as the percentage of women who don't like men in heels. I've met female heel wearers who don't like men in heels, but no male heel wearers who don't like women in heels.

I think you meant to quote the sociologist as saying that 'the percentage of men who don't like women in heels is about the same as the percentage of women who don't like men in heels'. Is that right?

But, regardless, your second statement does not follow from the first. There is really no correlation between the proportion of the female population that likes a man wearing heels (an unusual and possibly unsettling situation) and the proportion of the male population that likes a woman wearing heels (a red-blooded reaction to a commonplace and unremarkable situation).

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is about men wearing high heels. Does society ever ask the question-- "Women who wear jeans and tennis shoes, are they gay or what?"---------NO!----------- Does a shoe not boil down to some fabric and materals? Then it is we, society, who places the importance on who should wear what. Which IMHO is just wrong! Should I get upset if my wife wears white socks and tennis shoes with jeans when she gets dressed for the day? No! But yet that type of dress was mainly reserved for men. So when it comes down to it women crossdress more often than men do and no one gives it a second thought.

Jamie: I couldn't agree with you more. Problem is, society has, for the last three generations or so has been conditioned into believing that only women wear high heels and it's odd for men to sport them. Breaking through that ingrained conditioning is the difficult part of the equation for us as freestylers.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

I have less of a care if a woman like's me in heels or not, i wear what i want and don't need there permission, if i was wearing 5inch boots in a cafe and a women giving me a rude look on her face, i would shout what are you looking at. And tell her to get on her bike.

Jamie, Rick24, maybe it is less evident for married men, but for all other guys in the world, being attractive to women is the point of their life. More or less depending the individual. Sometimes belonging to a group is even more important. But still, being attractive to women is of foremost importance. That said, reality teaches that being comfortable with oneself is the true way towards success in society and with women - given that you follow a bunch of social rules. A number of guys here feel comfortable in wearing heels, or at least would be if they thought they could. Hence the question : does wearing heels prevent men, in fact, not in theory, from being appreciated by women ? Or, you can ask it differently, taking into account that a relationship involves 2 persons, thus women's "innate" opinion may matter in the result : is a man's self confidence enough to overcome women preconceptions ? (a question for Kneehighs)

Jamie, Rick24, maybe it is less evident for married men, but for all other guys in the world, being attractive to women is the point of their life. More or less depending the individual. Sometimes belonging to a group is even more important. But still, being attractive to women is of foremost importance.

So true

Elegance is my second name

.... is a man's self confidence enough to overcome women preconceptions ?

(a question for Kneehighs)

Yes and no. If it isn't, then I "cut my losses" short and move on. It's like stock investing. I don't throw good money after bad.

In cases where it's a yes, I've been able to create romantic VALUE for the girl, which always begins with attraction. The value of her experience with me has to outweigh her fears associated with my streetheeling.

For what it's worth, being attractive to women for me is more a symptom of of the principles I live my life by. I'm not attached to being attractive, I'm attached to my principles. 1. To be loving and 2. to exhibit faith in my future, so that I can in turn express faith in other's future too. These traits allow me to naturally customize my personae in an attractive manner to the unique interests of the girl when the social context is appropriate.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Thanks for the extensive return of experience, Kneehighs. I also wanted to shade what I previously said : though being appreciated from women is important for most men, it is not necessary that all women appreciate. Most of the time (except in Kneehighs case :)), only one appreciating woman is hopefully enough ! :wavey:

kH! It's a shame you can't bottle and sell you'r attitude and priniciples, you woundn't ever have to pay income tax again. You'd be so wealthy, you would be able to call the government and ask them how much they needed. (;-

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.