Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

I believe that this is quite a general picture. Very few women would think of men in high heels as attractive...

Greetings ibbay77 :-)

It depends what type of heels: Stiletto or block/cuban heels ?

I guess the block or cuban style is more "acceptable". (Just my opinion...)

What is your G/F opinion about a man wearing block or cuban heels ?

i spoke to a female friend over the internet last night and told her for the first time about my "thing" for heels. She was very accepting of this. i was asking her about how a partner would see it and she said that it wouldn't bother her, but it wouldn't turn her on either. so i think if the woman is accepting, that's more than enough. i wouldn't expect them to have the same excitement and satisfaction of seeing me in them, that i get wearing them.

iso i think if the woman is accepting, that's more than enough. i wouldn't expect them to have the same excitement and satisfaction of seeing me in them, that i get wearing them.

I think that's a healthy way to look at it :) As long as a person respect and accept another persons choice of life you can't really ask for more.

You can't change the fact that a certain thing turn you on and you can't change the fact that a certain thing doesn't turn you on either.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

I would have to agree with alot of the comments but the main one is that probably 50% would accept it, but not find it a "turn-on"... But everyone is different, who knows how they will react !.. only one way to find out ! .... Try it :)

To me I wouldn't expect a woman to find a male in heels to be a turn on because it is originally attire that women are use to wearing unless they are home with their significant other to jazz up their relationship like say wearing lingerie or something like that. I wouldn't expect a woman to be turned on by it unless they are a fetishist which are very few of those but I know that I speak for every guy when I say that I think that we just want more for a woman to come to us and say "nice shoes where did you get them" or "those shoes look nice on you keep doin what ya doin!!!" I know that would be what I wanted.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Heelguy, Since you were talking over the internet, and not in person, what you had in mind when you think of a guy in heels might be far removed from what your gf has in mind when she thinks of a guy in heels. Her impression could be a clumsy, awkward scenario of a burly guy perched on thin stilettos, a guy tottering hopelessly in 7" ballet boots, or a guy in pink pumps, none of which might be very exciting or interesting to her. On the other foot, if you could present a well-put-together outfit like HappyFeat or JeffB do, it could be very attractive. I don't know how much detail you and your gf got into about the subject, but "man in heels" could be a range of images that could elicit anything from "Wow!" to "Ewww!" If her reception was lukewarm, as you implied, you might do better to show her a great outfit in which the heels really fit in and add to it, rather than an outfit in which the heels look awkward, ugly, or silly. Good luck in developing the relationship. It sounds like she's open to the idea, anyway! GWL

Here is my take of what I think women think of men wearing high heels. First off, let's all agree to one thing. High heels are feminine and they look the best on girls. Most women often perceive guys to be strong and masculine and high heels will definitely give off the opposite vibe. So to that effect, most women out there will have an indifferent attitude about guys in high heels. Those in relationships that really loves their man will tend to accept the idea, but not necessarily have to like it. The only group of women that would like to see a man in high heels are pure fetishists. I'm not sure how big of a demographics they make up, but they sure don't make up the majority. So any guys that have a partner that encourages them to wear heels, then you just hit the jackpot and she is a pure keeper. :) So let me know if any girls or anyone else can prove me wrong on this point. I could use a nice debate.

I respectfully disagree with your assumption that high heels are feminine. Stilettos are, perhaps, but a wider block or tapered heel that is, say 3" high, is genderless in my view. I also respectfully do not accept that the only reason for women liking guys wearing is fetish. It may be true most of the time but you can't speak for everyone. There may indeed be women who like their men taller, and find nothing fetish about their guy wearing a 3" block heel boot. All I'm saying is that you can't make sweeping generalizations. Steve

With respect, Steve63130, you didn't read boots_1000's post carefully enough before you jumped in to accuse him of making various incorrect statements based on a minimal sample size etc. And in your own first posting too!

I hold no brief for boots_1000 but, as I read it, he was expressing his opinions rather than stating categoric facts. And he did invite readers to debate the points he made. Also, he did not say that men only wear heels as a fetish, but that he considered women who liked men in heels did so for fetish reasons.

And are you not yourself making a sweeping and generalised statement by suggesting that 'there is no sexual charge from wearing heels'? I would suggest that there is plenty of evidence (on this board and elsewhere) that some men are clearly turned on by heel wearing. But I happily accept that this condition does not apply to you! :)

Puffer, Thank you for pointing out my error in reading his post. I have gone back and edited my comments. I certainly didn't intend to be at all confrontational, I just wanted to voice my different opinion. I should have read his post more carefully and I should have read my own more carefully, too. Sorry for the faux pas on my first post. Daniel, I have done that. Thank you for the guidance. It's in the thread "Hi from O-Hi-O." Steve

I want to know if men would be labelled, so abruptly, as fetishist for wearing high heels, even stilettos, were they socially accepted, like society has accepted high heeled women? I also disagree that stilletos have only the properties of femininity; just like long hair, earrings, tights, mascara, trousers, chevy corvettes, and etc. aren't gender specific. We have become familiar with too many things that have brainwashed us into thinking certain ways. Society wants everyone to believe men can't wear high heels, but this forum definitely disproves the soundness of that social rule. I know that the perception of something is hard to change once it is ingrained, but the reality of truth concerning it will reveal itself if we can look past the focus and view the whole picture. The same goes for women liking men in heels. What is their focus? Are they seeing it as an invasion of their territory or can they be happy knowing another person has come to enjoy wearing what they also like to wear?

Histiletto, Whilst I can see your point concerning stilettos not being purely feminine, and you back this up with the other fashion examples such as long hair, earrings and so on. However, look at how those are applied by men. Earrings are plain and small. Big hoops and dangle earings are rarely seen mainstream. Long hair is left plain and not styled like women do, the list goes on. What do I draw from this, well that whilst there is a lot of common ground, the masculine application always seems to be muted compared to the feminine application. I feel this is true WRT stiletto heels. The more muted styling would be a cuban heel and that is the style you find on the very few offerings available to men. I don't say that men should not wear stiletto heels, far from it, they are great to wear, as are all things below the waist. Society can and does change/evolve in its thinking but it isn't an overnight thing. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Well i can't speak for all women. But I know I have a very special one, who I am deeply in love with. She loves me in heels, and gives me her honest opinion if I'm making something work or not. And as long as she likes me in heels, I couldn't care what the other ladies think!

• 2 weeks later...

Great posts, for sure! I would have to say that all my really high heels are stilettos (6"-8" high) and I only wear them by myself or with my wife. And, she seems very ok with it. In public, she's good with me wearing block heels (3"-5"). And, we both think that stilettos are fun to wear, but they seem too feminine to wear in public (at least until a new fashion trend really takes off). Stilettos (IMHO) make men too giggly to be taken seriously. By saying this, I do not want to suggest that I dislike the look (far from it, I think it's sexy as hell). There are many pics of guys in stilettos that look great. But there are just as many that look silly. To each his own. If a guy can pull off a really masculine look in stilettos, go for it! BTW, I'd say the very same thing about guys in thongs at the beach, or guys in skin tight jeans, makeup, or choosing to wear no shirt in public. Not every man can pull off the right look in everything they think they can wear. I think they call this "fashion don'ts". Bottom line, if my wife tells me I look super hot in what I choose to wear, I'm good with what I wear.

Greetings sdh2mlh :-)

A great post indeed from an open minded women :chuckle:

(Maybe you should post a copy of it in the girl's section...)

Your boyfriend is lucky to be the same size as you are on shoes.

From now on, you will be able to save on shoes and boots !

(Unless you prefer more feminine styles that he would not wear in public)

He also fits in your women's size 6 pants ?

This is a very small frame for a man. (I wear women's jeans size 11 or 12...)

Now you will both save money even more :w00t2:

a lot of women do, but are afraid to admit it. but then again, there are some women who dislike the thought of men in heels. i think it is a feeling that is instilled durring one's upbringing. if your parents are the type that think that anything not fully male on a guy makes the guy gay or weird or whatever then a girl is more likely to dislike it. if their parents were accepting then they are more likely to be accepting.

sdh2mlh, Great read and I tip my hat. I'll bet that your guy truly adores your compliments and advice. I know that it is a great feeling when my wife compliments on my attire, especially my heels when I wear them. He's a lucky guy!

If we could have asked this titled question of the French nobility in the time before the noted French Revolution, they probably would have replied to which pair are you referring? Now, let's not forget that men still wore heels, just not as high after the French used the higher heels and fine clothing to identify the upper classed nobility. Even in the beginning of the nineteenth century, men were wearing up to 2" heels. Then the socialites got worried that the ornamented clothing men wore were too effeminate and thought this didn't fit their social ideals of manhood. So men were relegated to the hat, white shirt, pant suit, necktie, and oxfords with a maximum of 3/4" heel height for their formal attire. I remember seeing movies made in the early years of the cinema depicting men in flowery shirts and young boys wearing Mary Janes along with the girls. In the works of Winnie the Pooh, the character of Christopher Robin is depicted in his Mary Janes. So you see, the male clothing has been changed, due to the masculine idea society has trumped up to fit their idoled manly figure and not on the reality of what and who men really are.

Right on! Take a look at the famous portrait of King Louis XIV of France, painted in 1701. Enlarge it and look at his clothes.

He's wearing shoes with red block heels (maybe 2-2.5" high) and matching red bows. At first I thought they were slingbacks (from the left foot position), but the right foot looks more like an oxford. He is also wearing silk tights with garters, lace, ruffles, and a wig. He still looks masculine to me, even though today we would usually attribute these articles to women!

Fashions change over time, sometimes rather quickly, as we saw when heels for men came and went suddenly in the 1970s. We tend to lose sight of that and think that fashion is stagnant, but it's not.

Steve

• 10 months later...

And if yes, how many would admit liking it?

As you may know by now I love men in heels. But of course not all men in heels it's the whole apperance that ticks me off. Nice clothing (could be skirts as well as trousers), the walking and of course a nice pair of heels to go with that. From my experience there are several women who likes men in heels so I'm not the only one and they like seeing them walking around out doors and not only in the comfy of their own home. So I urge you guys out there to dare taking your heels outside as well.

I can understand that men walking in heels often are mistaken for homosexuals but for me I don't see it that way. The high heels gives the person a strong sex appeal and that goes both for men and women. Of course the person must have mastered the part of walking GOOD in them otherwise it's a big turn off and that goes for both men and women. There are few things that is so amusing than looking at someone who can't walk in their heels properly. Not that I'm an expert but my boyfriend is though :) But I'm soon getting there or so I hope...

• Like 1

...As you may know by now I love men in heels.

Greetings Nienna :-)

May I ask if you prefer a particular type of heel to be worn by a man ?

If so, which type and height ?

Your opinion would be more than welcome.

Regards,

Danielp6406

So I think Niennas comment means we should get videos of us walking in heels and have critiques of our abilities, or lack thereof in my case. I'm still new! But nobody has noticed me yet in public, even when I've tried walking really fast and made lots of noise on hard floors. I wear jeans over them so maybe people just don't notice unless they have a shoe fetish. Sounds like a new thread though, critique my high heel walking. I still find going down stairs to be about the most frustrating thing even trying the 45degree to the inside of the stairwell method.

Yes I like men in heels. I am very curious about that, and to be honnest it excites me.

Kiss

Sab

Greetings Sabrina :-)

May I ask you the same questions I already asked Nienna ?

Is there a particular type of heel you prefer to be worn by a man ?

If so, which type and height ?

Your opinion would be more than welcome.

(Or you may want to reply to me in French via private message if you prefer...)

Thanks !

A lot of men look absolutely amazing in high heels. If they are worn in the right context - and by that I mean along with other complimentary clothes and accessories - then there is nothing wrong with them at all. Of course, there is the cross-dressing/TV aspect which we all know about - and again, plenty of guys can look totally convincing - and actually quite gorgeous.

It's only when high heels on a guy are worn without any consideration for their overall appearance and impression that I wince slightly....like....a pair of white 5" spike heeled boots with a business suit.

Brave...but wrong!!:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

A lot of men look absolutely amazing in high heels. If they are worn in the right context - and by that I mean along with other complimentary clothes and accessories - then there is nothing wrong with them at all. Of course, there is the cross-dressing/TV aspect which we all know about - and again, plenty of guys can look totally convincing - and actually quite gorgeous.

It's only when high heels on a guy are worn without any consideration for their overall appearance and impression that I wince slightly....like....a pair of white 5" spike heeled boots with a business suit.

Brave...but wrong!!:)

I'm not a woman, therefore I can't directly answer this. How I feel can't really be said better than this. I really like trying to have a dark, neo-gothic style, which draws from both ends of the spectrum, somehow blending in a non-jarring way.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I've got nothing against any man wanting to express his true indivduality and spirit by wearing heels.

Okay, that probably sounded better in my head :) but you get my point; they have the guts to go against the stigma and wear them proudly. It doesn't make him any less of a man. My bf likes to wear HH's, but he's only recently "come out." He told me first, then his parents, and he tells me he "yearns to wear HH's around in public like in the town centre" but hasn't the confidence to actually DO it. I may need to introduce him to all of you guys on here and see if you can persuade him :)

This makes total sense to me......and I agree 110%!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"