Do Women like Men in heels?

misterd73

Do Women like Men in heels?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Do Women like Men in heels?

• Yes, Women like Men in heels!
    • They don't like it but accept that her partner/friend wears them.
    • Indifferent/don't care.
    • No, women don't like Men in heels!

There has been some statements saying that their man can wear heels in the privacy of home, just don't embarrass them by wearing heels in public. It sounds like their afraid of public recourse rather than their man in heels. Perhaps, when social familiarity for men in heels has become common sightings, this attitude will also change to letting their male companion wear heels. Many of the replies in yahoo's answers are knee jerk reactions from those who have been programmed in the present social attitude. Having compasion and empathy for other's personal right of choice is a concept they have little to no experience with.

When first confronted with the idea ("How would you like me wearing heels?") the initial reaction is often negative. When first confronted with the image ("How do you like these heels I'm wearing?") the reaction is much more balanced.

That make sence and the conclusion is that never take no as a no when it comes to women..:-)

But who really cares what the women think, we dont dress up in heels for the women do we?

I do it for myself..:-)

Without doing real research, I'm guessing (for Joe public) about 70%? negative from some of the fashion news comments but how much is to save face and conform. Then later maybe the idea may pop back up in the true "fetish" sense for a one off in the bedroom, that is if their partner is primed into it? but that's where it may stay for those. Would they then approve? Publicly I doubt it. Much of the negatives are probably related to fears of sudden cross dressing or bad fashion sense? Time will have to pass Al

From conversations I've had with my wife about men in heels, I think it would very much depend on the style of heel and the height. Something that does not draw to much attention would probably be okay. However, we agreed that whilst most women probably wouldn't be that bothered with men in general wearing heels, they would maybe have a problem with their partner wearing them because of fear and ridicule from their friends. Damn bloody shame really.

From conversations I've had with my wife about men in heels, I think it would very much depend on the style of heel and the height. Something that does not draw to much attention would probably be okay.

However we agreed that whilst most women probably wouldn't be that bothered with men in general wearing heels, they would maybe have a problem with their partner wearing them because of fear and ridicule from their friends.

Damn bloody shame really.

PatentHeel, you have put your finger directly upon the heart of the problem. While it would be acceptable for men to wear their heels in private, the fear of being embarrassed in front of their friends is a major reason why some women wouldn't approve of the same man wearing them in the open.

That is one problem that is almost impossible to overcome and convince them that it is OK.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Nope, not in my experience they dont, and judging by replies to the various internet posts I found about the subject ( on www.answers.yahoo.com, etc.) they don't. ;-)

I think it depends on where you ask, how you ask, and other factors some have already mentioned. I think the under 20 crowd will be quick to consider it homosexual behavior, and as the demographics of the forum age, the responses grow more positive, or at least "I don't like it but you can wear what you want."

Yahoo! Answers is not exactly a fount of maturity.

Thanks and welcome NAUGTY ME for participating and your open minded support. Surely there are a lot of women who are just as supportive for the idea of men wearing high heels, even stilettos. Hopefully, each heeler's SO feels or will feel the same for they are the important ones in that heeler's life.

I don't see that I can vote, but here is my 2p worth. I don't think that women are particularly against men wearing heels, it is just not the current fashion for men to do so because there are, currently that I am only aware of, only offerings from YSL, Gucci, Archie Eyebrows and Fluevog. Wear any of these and the answer is Women accept a man wearing heels. However, for the majority of the board, the current offerings are not worth considering as heels. They are too low, being sub 3", but only just, and they are not stilettos. What it seems to me is that the majority wish that society would not consider the wearing of 4" stiletto heels, and hosiery, skirts and other such gender specific clothing as being anything other than deviant. I too wish that society would not judge a person by what he/she chooses to wear, but sadly we are all guilty of judging a person by their appearance and even though I wish the above, I am still guilty of the said judgemetal attitude. It is human nature and anything that is way out of place will cause concern. In these enlightened days where it seems every male is considered to be a paedophile, anything that can be used to bolster that opinion will be seized upon and the wearing of clothing manufactured specifically at females just helps fan the flames. Of course in these PC days, leeway is given to those who are TG, but it is still an uphill battle for them to get acceptance. It is for this reason that the majority of wifes/partners may well be quite happy with you wearing stiletto heels around the house, but will not consider your desire to wear them everywhere. For a lucky few, their wives/partners don't care and revel in poking fun at the ridiculous attitudes of society. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

PatentHeel. I agree totally. I've just passed around a couple of pictures with script of Mr Weitzman's latest (the moots of course) both the high and the low (which may have appeared more quietly). The lows had some positive comments but not "I'll get some" The tall stilettos however got a very flat response from both the guys (7) and girls (2) that I know are quite open minded. The older guys were more negative, but both the girls were "not" convinced though the younger was thinking on the lines of style and dress to go together. Al

• Like 1

Women are not a monolithic block. Some like to see a man in heels and some don't. But, out in the world, I encounter many women while I am wearing heels. The overwhelming response is very positive. Women stop me on the street, in stores, and at social events, to tell me how much they like my heels. Would all those compliments flow in my direction, if many women didn't like a man in heels? A man in high heels is a powerful chick magnet.

Women are not a monolithic block.

Some like to see a man in heels and some don't.

Very true! My guess is that most women never really think about it until they actually see one of us wearing heels, then based upon the "whole package" they may make a judgment.

But, out in the world, I encounter many women while I am wearing heels. The overwhelming response is very positive. Women stop me on the street, in stores, and at social events, to tell me how much they like my heels.

The interactions I have had with women have been very positive for the most part. The women I see on a regular basis while I am wearing heels usually just accept me on a personal level. Thoughs who do not, just don't interact much.

Would all those compliments flow in my direction, if many women didn't like a man in heels?

My thought is that women like men who are confident, and what's a better sign of confidence than going against the grain and being yourself. Confident women like confident men, regardless of what they are wearing.

Also, women like heels, and somehow I think if a man is wearing them it piques their interest more.

A man in high heels is a powerful chick magnet.

I have said this before, and agree whole totally. A traditional woman who is attracted to a traditional man may not like a guy in heels. However, a woman who likes a guy wearing heels is the kind of unconventional thinker that I find attractive.

Now, I have had women say to me that I have better shoes than them, which is really cool.

Style is built from the ground up!

I agree with Magickman and Happyfeet. Women are just as diverse as men when it comes to opinions. There are those that'll hate it, others will love it. What matters is what do you, the heel wearer, thinks of heels, the way they affect you. If you like wearing them, wear them proudly and with confidence. Women usually agree on one thing. They love a man with confidence. I think that a guy who has the balls to wear heels in public without caring of other peoples opinions about his dress code is a man of extreme confidence. Add to the heels a sharp dresscode, a smile and calm behaviour and I guarantee you'll attract positive female attention. The women who'll come to speak to you will probably be fans, not foes.

From conversations I've had with my wife about men in heels, I think it would very much depend on the style of heel and the height. Something that does not draw to much attention would probably be okay.

However, we agreed that whilst most women probably wouldn't be that bothered with men in general wearing heels, they would maybe have a problem with their partner wearing them because of fear and ridicule from their friends...

I think it was Eleanore Roosevelt who said, "You cannot embarrass me without my permission." There is much to that statement; embarrassment and ridicule entails a certain element of responsibility that we must either grant to others or otherwise embrace in order for it to be effective. Still, how many of us knowingly or unwittingly grant that "permission" to others when we really ought to be our own person. It's at once absurd and pathetic that we must seek the approval of others so avidly that we allow their approval or disapproval to so profoundly influence our lives: what we wear and even what we think.

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

In another post, I stated that I spent Tuesday evening in my new sandals. I was seated in the lounge at the Hilton Hotel at a table by myself. The table next to me was a group of Church Ladies, as described by the Waitress, and they immediately involved me into their conversations. My heels were very visible and I saw everyone of the 7 ladies look at them; yet they chose to involve me in their evening. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Henri

post-8516-133522880423_thumb.jpg

If you haven't learned something new today; you have wasted the day.

I would agree in that it all depends on the woman. At the last place I worked where the dress code was loose and my wearing women's shoes was tolerated by everyone, including superiors, I've had female co-workers come right out and say they loved my taste in shoes and a few openly admit that I walked in high heels better than they did. One woman even asked for my help in picking out a nice pair of heels for a party she was attending, saying she trusted my sense of style when it came to shoes more than her woman friends. And yeah, a time or two, I'd gotten compliments from women strangers in the street. While I've yet to encounter any females who disliked my wearing heels, that's probably because none of them ever bothered to tell me so, choosing to quietly act upon their dislike from a distance. Again, it all depends on the person, and her personality.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Speaking of thosre "old days" Jeff, I've often wondered how your male co-workers reacted to you wearing heels and if they ever commented to your face about them?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As others have said it depends entirely on the woman. My ex hated the very idea of me in heels, she was the only woman I got a negative reaction from but it's entirely possible that when I've been out other women didn't like me wearing them but didn't make it known. One of my female friends doesn't mind me wearing heels in the least but wouldn't like her husband to. My female cousin thinks it's cool and we used to borrow each others heels. I've certainly had plenty of positive female attention when I've been out in heels, including once or twice swapping shoes, but that has mostly been in rock pubs where the dress code is a bit more exotic anyway. I don't think my GF feels strongly one way or the other. For her I'm just me, it doesn't matter what's on my feet. She does point out styles that I might like while we're shopping though, has encouraged me to wear heels on nights out and takes an interest when I buy a new pair. Chris

I don't think my GF feels strongly one way or the other. For her I'm just me, it doesn't matter what's on my feet. She does point out styles that I might like while we're shopping though, has encouraged me to wear heels on nights out and takes an interest when I buy a new pair.

Chris

You are SOOO lucky!!! ;-)

"Never below 4" and always spiky"

I decided I cannot vote in this pole. I don't feel confident to project my personal feelings and observations onto 50% of the population. My wife is comfortable with me wearing heels as long as I don't make a spectacle of myself. Many of her friends (and mine as well) would be having difficulty understanding it (to say the least). And what she cares about is "my good name". To her I am no less manly, whatever shoes I wear, or for that matter a skirt or other comfortable clothes. As long as I behave like a man. That is what counts. One of her sisters thinks the same (and knows about it). Her other sister would never understand. Never ever. If there would have been the option: "some do and some don't" I would have voted for that. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Forgive me if i'm wrong (or at least inaccurate), but were pants/trousers originally a male fashion, and waistcoats, jackets and belts. Women begin wearing these items at some point in time, which was socially acceptable on a grand scale. Why should men in heels be any different?

I don't understand the discussion My beloved late gf and I wore heels every day when we were together. She loved my heels and corset and garters. We went out on heels several times. If you make love right with heel, corset and garters, you will never hear a woman disclaim. I think. heelsfeels

My hubby told me after 5 years about his fetish, the first reaction was "you must be joking", as he said he is serious, I did not want anything to do with it, but my opinion did change in time as I did some searches and saw he is not the only man that have this fetish, wel I am working on accepting the fact, and accept that this is what he is, I was surprise when I saw the shoes that he was hiding from me. Now we visit shoe shops together, I may say, our tast is a little bit different, but I do know what he likes, now I know why he always was buying me shoes, it was actually to feed his fetish need as I did not know yet. I saw some nice shoes that I knew he would like and really wanted to buy him for valentine to show that I am ok with it, but they did not have it in his size, the best of this all is we are the same shoe size, so now I just wonder what is he doing when he is alone at home!!!! I LOVE him to bits, and in a way feel sorry for him as it can not be easy that he can not life his love for shoes out in the open in our country.